• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Tuesday Night 50 Night! (June 17, STF?)

Started by Tortuga, April 13, 2008, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostMachine

Quote from: El Condor on May 20, 2008, 02:29:03 PM
Do we need to have that whole intro story arc done to access the TF?

Ec

Looks like it, because apparently the entrance to the new zone is in the Midnighter Club. I've been knocking out the missions solo on Heroic (would've bumped it to Rugged if Rikti weren't involved),and haven't faceplanted yet. One of the missions had more Mentalists in it than it seemed a right to, but I have 2 holds and the Gun Drone so it was no sweat.

I *may* not make it to 50s night as I had to log off before I could finish the storyarc to gain access and I don't know if I'll be able to finish it before 8pm. I just got the mission to make the temp power, which I guess is near the end of the storyarc, before having to log.

(I only have 2 characters I even care about getting the Roman costume pieces on, and one is still in the early 20s)

Time Titan

Quote from: El Condor on May 20, 2008, 02:29:03 PM
Do we need to have that whole intro story arc done to access the TF?

Ec

:spoiler:

[spoiler] :spoiler: To finish the arc quickly, go directly to the mission objective in the last room of all door missions. There are no defeat all missions in the arc.  The "Help Lady Jane" is the only mission where you need to fight mob to mob.[/spoiler]

El Condor

Quote from: Time Titan on May 21, 2008, 04:25:01 AM

[spoiler] :spoiler: To finish the arc quickly, go directly to the mission objective in the last room of all door missions. There are no defeat all missions in the arc.  The "Help Lady Grey" is the only mission where you need to fight mob to mob.[/spoiler]

Gracias, TT, that's a great tip, especially for later when we've all done the story for the eleventieth time.   :rolleyes:

A general heads-up to tag onto your spoiler:

[spoiler]Lady Jane is a total kamikaze and gets killed in two seconds if you don't pay attention to her.  AND you fail the mission if she dies.  If you're on a team, assign a support toon to grab her, then try to keep her back from the fray.  Regardless, she'll probably go all suicidal and charge into the melee with her itty-bitty pop-gun blazing, so keep an eye on the little maniac.  That is, if you care.  :P[/spoiler]

EC

El Condor

It just struck me that we've started thread-jacking the 50's night discussion.  Sorry, Tort!  :(  Maybe we can start moving the i12-talk back into the general CoH/V forum?

Tortuga

No worries, good advice is always welcome.

For next week Tuesday (May 27), I'm sure someone will have the TF unlocked so the 50s Night team (heroes and villains) can play through nearly brand new content!

GhostMachine

Quote from: Tortuga on May 21, 2008, 09:52:56 AM
No worries, good advice is always welcome.

For next week Tuesday (May 27), I'm sure someone will have the TF unlocked so the 50s Night team (heroes and villains) can play through nearly brand new content!

From what I understand, you don't have to unlock the new TF; you just have to be able to get into the Midnighter Club so you can go to the new zone to do it.

Tortuga

Camma

Well then everyone's homework is to get their 50 into the new zone by next Tuesday (the 27th).  I'm sure by then someone will have found the contact, and Mikey will know the full details of every mission.

El Condor

Condor and Guerra have both been clubbin' it!  :thumbup:

B A D

Ok, Saint has access to the Midnighter Club. I fully plan on being done with my badgewhoring by then (including hunting correllax in the hollows!) by then to come up for air.

Camma

Sounds like we are all set for this evening.

Oh and 1000th post  :thumbup:

Alaric

If I'm around tonight (and I probably will be), I'd like in on this. A7 has access to the new zone (never got around to doing the required missions with Crazy Kate, however...).

One suggestion, though. As my one failed attempt at this TF showed me, the AVs at the end are extremely tough. Since this is a cooperative heroes/villains mission, I suggest that people stop by Pocket d beforehand and stock up on Drops of Power, Resistance, and Vitality (for those who don't know, these are sold by specific bartenders in Pocket D and are only useful on cooperative hero/villain teams. When used by a hero on a villain, or by a villain on a hero, they temporarily greater increase the target's stats. I believe they're sold 5 dosages at a time, and I think you can't carry more than 5 at a time, though I may be wrong- haven't bought any in a while. They appear as temp powers, usable on allies, until used up.) This will work especially well if there are equal numbers of heroes and villains on the team- during the final battle, we can "buddy up" in hero-villain pairs and make sure each other are constantly enhanced. I strongly suggest, however, that people save the drops for that final battle.

Time Titan

I have 2 L50's ready to go for the TF tonight.  If we get enough players we could run 2 teams of 6.

Camma

Good thoughts Al, if i get home early enough I'll try to get my corruptor into the zone then we can have some options.

B A D

I may or may not be able to make it tonight. We're expecting thunderstorms in the area this evening, and there is NO way my daughter is going to sleep alone through them. Put me down as a definite maybe. Im going to start another  Imperious TF thread in the callboard section for thursday, cause Im sensing we will have overrun for this one.

MikeB7

I've got a /rad corrupter, emp defender, willpower tank and /stone brute available for the TF, whatever's needed.

GhostMachine

I did the ITF a few days ago with Marm, Windy from BoW and a few other people (mostly pick-ups) a few days ago, so I'll be skipping it. I will warn you however that the last 3 missions will be lag city! (I was lagging worse than at a full Hami raid on the last two missions)

Tortuga

I've only been able to get Tortuga through the Midnighter Club missions so far, so I'll be in Cimerora as him by 7:45 pm EST.

Tortuga

It's June 3! It's a Tuesday!  It's time for Tuesday 50s Night once again!

There's been a core group of participants over the past several weeks, so I'm mainly posing this question to them (although, other 50s are more than welcome to join)...

Are you tired of ITFing? Or are you up for more?  Would you like to continue with the Oro Arcs/TFs we started?  What's your fancy for this evening?

As always, 50s Night starts around 8 pm EST.

B A D

MJB

Put me down for a solid "maybe" for tonight. If I do show and you have room I wouldn't mind running my Brute through the ITF.

-MJB

Tortuga

We ran a meatshield-heavy ITF that kicked all kinds of butt.  Once again, lousy rewards, but tons of inf and lots of fun.

My guess is next week will also be an ITF time, so have those 50s through the Midnighter Club intro arc so you can join the fun!

Tort

GhostMachine

Can we schedule an STF sometime next month, please? I've one ever tried to do it once....in an FR group....and half the people quit when we had trouble with Mako so we had to drop it, and he's been nerfed.

Alaric

Quote from: GhostMachine on June 04, 2008, 03:20:35 AM
Can we schedule an STF sometime next month, please? I've one ever tried to do it once....in an FR group....and half the people quit when we had trouble with Mako so we had to drop it, and he's been nerfed.

I've tried it, what, four times now (I think), and every time, one or more people had to leave right at the end, and we were unable to win (although in each case we held our own). I'd definitely be up for finally doing this- especially if it's sometime next month, since this month I'll be away part of the time.

Unfortunately, starting now, Tuesdays are not going to be  good for me.

GhostMachine

Quote from: Alaric on June 04, 2008, 06:27:31 AM
Quote from: GhostMachine on June 04, 2008, 03:20:35 AM

I've tried it, what, four times now (I think), and every time, one or more people had to leave right at the end, and we were unable to win (although in each case we held our own). I'd definitely be up for finally doing this- especially if it's sometime next month, since this month I'll be away part of the time.

Unfortunately, starting now, Tuesdays are not going to be  good for me.

The problem when I did it was we didn't have a debuffer or enough yellow inspirations when we faced Mako, and we lost one person before we got to him. W must've beat on him for the better part of half an hour before giving up.

Sorry to hear about that, Al.

Tortuga

STF is definitely on the agenda, as would be LRSF.  We seem to have full teams of 8 consistently, so both are doable.

How about we say:
June 10 - ITF
June 17 - STF
June 24 - complete the STF; or LRSF

MJB

I'm down for doing the STF. It's been far too long since I ran that beast.

I have a radical suggestion. How about on the week of the 17th, we expand 50's night to 2 nights? This way we finish the STF in a couple days without tying up anyone's toon for a full week. This would also leave the 24th free for the LRSF.

-MJB

Tortuga

I'd be up for that, except that Wednesday is not a possibility for me.  So, we could start Monday, end Tuesday.  Or start Tuesday, end Thursday kinda thing.

El Condor

Quote from: Tortuga on June 04, 2008, 08:08:59 PM
How about we say:
June 10 - ITF
June 17 - STF
June 24 - complete the STF; or LRSF

I'm definitely going to try to make time for next Tuesday's ITF, as I have yet to do it and folks like Middy have done it, oh, 70 times or so.  :P

The other dates are promising, too. I'm also up for multiple 50s nights - we seem to have the folks to do it. Wee!

EC

Midnight

I still need it on my scrapper actually, but if you guys need a tank or a rad, just poke me.

|