• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Who are your must-haves?

Started by detourne_me, April 13, 2008, 08:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

I've been wondering, if you were only allowed to create 100 hero files of characters, who would they be?
let's make a couple lists for interests sake,  like Top 100 Marvel, Top 100 DC or Top 100 fictional characters.
And then of course the BIG ONE,  The Top 100 heroes - mainstream, indy, movie franchise, etc.

Now for some rules:
1. The do not need to be listed in order of importance, or alphabetically, if you don't want them to.
2. Since it's a hero file it can really only define one interpretation of the character, so Silver Age Superman, True Brit Superman, and Kingdom Come Superman would count as three different heroes. However, if you were just to say Superman, without defining a specific example, that leaves it open for interpretation.
3. Teams: Individual members of team count as single heroes.  You can't just say "The Fantastic Four".   List the 4 members, and it counts as four votes.
4. However, if the character is a generic minion, or member of an alien race, or tribe, or something,  that can count as one vote.  For example, "AIM soldier" would be one hero file.  so would "Predator" or "Alien (from the movies franchise)"
5. Umm, I guess thats it.  I'd like to see what kind of lists we can generate here.

Heres an off the top of my head first go with Marvel
[spoiler]
1. Captain America
2. Iron Man
3. Vision
4. Hawkeye
5. Thor
6. Scarlet Witch
7. Wonderman
8. Tigra
9. Ms. Marvel
10. Giant Man
11. Wasp
12. Falcon
13. Black Panther
14. Black Widow
15. Luke Cage
16. Iron Fist
17. Daredevil
18. Elektra
19. Spider-man
20. Mister Fantastic
21. Invisible Woman
22. Human Torch
23. Thing
24. Silver Surfer
25. Doctor Strange
26. Blade
27. Hulk
28. Moon Knight
29. USAgent
30. Black Cat
31. Nick Fury
32. Winter Soldier
33. SHIELD Agent
34. Cyclops
35. Beast
36. Phoenix
37. Angel
38. Iceman
39. Wolverine
40. Storm
41. Nightcrawler
42. Colossus
43. Polaris
44. Havok
45. Sunfire
46. Cable
47. Bishop
48. Rogue
49. Emma Frost
50. Gambit
51. Jubilee
52. Shadowcat
53. Professor X
54. Namor
56. Magneto
57. Doctor Doom
58. Ultron
59. Galactus
60. Kang
61. Thanos
62. Adam Warlock
63. Captain Marvel
64. Nova
65. Cannonball
66. Mystique
67. Warpath
68. Wolfsbane
69. Rachel Grey-Summers
70. Blob
71. Sabretooth
72. Toad
73. Quicksilver
74. Klaw
75. Red Skull
76. Mandarin
77. Apocalypse
78. Sentinel
79. HYDRA Agent
80. MODOK
81. AIM Agent
82. The Wrecker
83. Dormammu
84. Loki
85. Piledriver
86. Thunderball
87. Abomination
88. Bulldozer
89. Kingpin
90. Mysterio
91. Vulture
92. Venom
93. Rhino
94. Sandman
95. Sauron
96. Exodus
97. Typhoid Mary
98. Absorbing Man
99. Green Goblin
100. Doctor Octopus[/spoiler]

yikes that was tough... and there were soo many "essential characters" I forgot!

Panther_Gunn

Ya know, it's a funny thing.....when I went & totalled up all of my hero files, I don't even *have* 100 for either Marvel or DC.  And I've only got more than one hero file for 5 different people; Duplicate Girl/Triplicate Girl, Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, Princess Projectra/Sensor Girl, Superboy/Superman, and Wrecker/Wrecker - solo (he's a bit tougher when the rest of the Wrecking Crew aren't powered up).  Even adding in hero files I want to get only pushes Marvel over the goal by about two or three.  Does that make me supremely lacking in files?  ;)

stumpy

I hear you. I have made under 100 hero files, total (including the ones that came with FFX). Maybe a dozen of those characters are from actual comics, the rest are my own designs. Of course, that comic total goes up if we include built-ins from mods like LSH or Crisis...

Lunarman

I'm guilty (like skins and meshes) of only using my own hero files and pretty much only using my original characters. You see, I'm awful fond of being neat and tidy, and not having to search through long lists of hero files to find the right one. So my top hero files would only be the DOD and their associated villains and allies.

However if there was some way to change what heroes appeared in the list depending on which shortcut you used I might be persuaded to download some other heroes.