• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Next Avengers trailer

Started by Midnite, March 28, 2008, 02:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billdamn22

BentonGrey

DANG!!!!!!!!!  Freakin' goodness that makes me mad!  I was watching that trailer, thinking: This looks so freakin' awesome!  Finally, we'll get to see the Avengers animated the way they should be.............but.......no, "next" gets thrown into it, and my hope of seeing Classic Avengers is dealt another blow. 

Don't get me wrong, this looks like it will be just fine, but it broke my heart when I realized that I won't get to see the Avengers battle Kang or the Masters of Evil. :angry:

kkhohoho

Did anyone else think that this looks it's being designed for the kids? They could have the 'Next Avengers' be grown-ups, or at least teens, but instead, they have these kids, who realistically,wouldn't be able to lay a finger on Ultron.  If the Avengers couldn't beat him, how could a bunch of kids beat him?

However, they'll probably come up with some lame excuse, allowing the kids to save the day.  If it weren't for those kids in costumes shown at the end, this may have been an interesting movie.

thalaw2

I too stand disappointed.  Where are my good Generation X cartoons?  We grew up with stuff.....cater to meeeeeee!!!!

Jakew

This is obviously pitched at young kids ... lucky buggers!

captainspud

That looks terrible.

Not to mention-- "Hey old guy! Tell us the story again! The one where the world gets screwed over and everyone we know and love dies!"

Seriously... WHY WOULD THEY REQUEST THAT STORY?! AND WHY WOULD THEY BE UNCLEAR ON THE DETAILS?!

*shakes head*

Mark my words... this will not end well.

Protomorph

WOW!!!

that looks like it will be awful. Tykes vs Ultron. Yeah. that'll end the way it ought to.

Previsionary

we went from "interesting" to "kids' movie"/"disappointed" and ended at "terrible". That negativity train never leaves the station, does it?

BentonGrey

I'd just like it noted for the record that I wasn't among the nay-sayers this time. ;)

BWPS

Quote from: Previsionary on March 29, 2008, 12:39:18 AM
we went from "interesting" to "kids' movie"/"disappointed" and ended at "terrible". That negativity train never leaves the station, does it?

I'm now in the process of stabbing myself because of this film.

danhagen

I think not.
Up next: Spider-Baby and the X-Tots!!!

Previsionary

Quote from: BWPS on March 29, 2008, 08:55:54 AM

hopefully you're using plastic or some type of rubber. Is there a reason all the negativity has spawned when we barely have any info on the film at all beyond the preview and the in-depth look we got last year? No one has even expressed why they don't like it other than the kids of the avengers being the main headers and that's hardly been new. Would you all still be uber negative if it were the Young Avengers instead? Perhaps some substance rather than the ever so cliche, "hate it because it's not what I want to see!" would be a  nice change for once when we see something that's not a take we'd immediately go for.

BWPS

Quote from: Previsionary on March 29, 2008, 09:03:55 AM

hopefully you're using plastic or some type of rubber. Is there a reason all the negativity has spawned when we barely have any info on the film at all beyond the preview and the in-depth look we got last year? No one has even expressed why they don't like it other than the kids of the avengers being the main headers and that's hardly been new. Would you all still be uber negative if it were the Young Avengers instead? Perhaps some substance rather than the ever so cliche, "hate it because it's not what I want to see!" would be a  nice change for once when we see something that's not a take we'd immediately go for.
I'd give a reasonable response, but I can't cuz I'm dead.

I was actually just making a joke elaborating on what you said. Even if I hate the concept of this movie, I really don't have to watch it. But I really don't like the concept or look of the characters. Teenage heroes are one thing, but little kids? That seems silly.

JKCarrier

I have no opinion on whether the movie will be any good, but that's got to be one of the strangest pieces of marketing I've ever seen. 99% of the trailer shows the traditional Avengers in a semi-realistic style, then in the last two seconds we find out that the movie is *actually* going to be about these cute superdeformed anime kids? Wha?  :blink:

Previsionary

that would be a shock if the title wasn't: Teen avengers, Avengers reborn, Avengers Next, and finally Next Avengers, but I get your point. The preview was on the doctor strange movie if anyone wanted to suffer through that slow building gem.

Anyway, I'll post this again just so people have something else to go on rather than that supposed trailer that helps the movie in no way at all.

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_xevidmegafx&Itemid=139&func=detail&id=1189

catwhowalksbyhimself

The problem everyone is having is not the concept or the story.  That sounds good.  It's having what appears to be a bunch of 10 year olds appearing at the end and them supposed to save the day.

Now, if the story has them growing up into teens, then I think the problem vanishes.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Previsionary on March 29, 2008, 09:03:55 AM

(Emphasis mine)  I would be much less enthused about seeing 'Young Avengers.'

catwhowalksbyhimself

I would actually love to see the Young Avengers.  I rather like them.

gengoro

:blink:

:angry:

:banghead:

Mystik

there are just some people who wont like anything that is not a complete remake of the comics they read in the 1970s. anything they didn't read as a kid blasphemy. if its not "classic" it sucks, they just want to see the same stories over and over

captainspud

Quote from: Thor Reborn on March 29, 2008, 02:01:41 PM
there are just some people who wont like anything that is not a complete remake of the comics they read in the 1970s. anything they didn't read as a kid blasphemy. if its not "classic" it sucks, they just want to see the same stories over and over
There's a difference between "not a retread of the 70s" and "10 year old kids in Avengers halloween costumes".

Mystik

where did you hear the kids were 10? , the movie was originally called teen avengers and the old guy is tony, he's the one to turn them into avengers

captainspud

"Teen" applies to any age from 10 to 19.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The scene in the trailer and the kid's voice certainly make them seem like they're around ten or so.

Previsionary

Quote from: captainspud on March 29, 2008, 02:39:32 PM
"Teen" applies to any age from 10 to 19.

always thought it was thirteen to nineteen. Did that change sometime recent

Edit: I'm assuming you're going from the "adolescence" term and not necessarily teen, but eh.

captainspud

"Teen" is a mutated version of "ten". "Thirteen" is "three and ten". Eleven and Twelve getting special names doesn't strip them of their And-Ten membership.

I demand that O_T_S come resolve this.

thalaw2

I've never liked any movie or cartoon with smart mouthed kids or kids beating on adults....the stories usually don't work for me.  The only time I enjoyed it was the episode of Justice League that featured the adults being reduced to kids.  Are these Avengers kids going to be taking on and beating Kang or Kid Kang?  Dr. Doom or the son of Dr. Doom?  Mandarin or Mandarinette?   And that story in the trailer sucked (agreeing with Capt. Spud)...the only good thing about it was the images of the old Avengers.  Anyway, I'll wait for reviews but won't be holding my breathe. 

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: captainspud on March 29, 2008, 03:41:40 PM
"Teen" is a mutated version of "ten". "Thirteen" is "three and ten". Eleven and Twelve getting special names doesn't strip them of their And-Ten membership.

I demand that O_T_S come resolve this.

[OTS OT]Be careful what you wish for, Spud...

"Teen," with regard to the actual usage in question (and avoiding several diverting forays into etymology), was a term formed by shortening "teenage" (adj.) or "teenager" (n.) to a single syllable.  Historically speaking, this formation had nothing to do with any mutation of "ten," a very early phenomenon in the English language that simply gave rise to the suffix and not to the free-standing, four-letter word.  Since the 17th century, "teen" has referred to "[t]he years of the life of any person [...] of which the numbers end in -teen, i.e. from thirteen to nineteen" (OED 2nd Ed.).[/OTS OT]

Aye, this looks dreadful. Since Prem has granted me special license to be negative, I'll add that this looks exceedingly dreadful.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

crimsonquill

My first impression of the trailer is hardly impressive... especially with the earlier "interview promo" on the Doctor Strange DVD giving me the impression they were going for a "coming of age" story by borrowing slightly from the What If? Secret Wars special. Now I'm feeling we are going to end up with a Power Pack story forced into an Avengers movie that has the whole battle we wanted to see left as that silly bedtime story for the kids before the title pops up on the screen.

And speaking of Power Pack.. If Marvel wants an animated series for kids what better series could they develop? REALLY? Besides if you want to introduce younger (including pre-teen) viewers to the larger Marvel Universe then have them cameo on that toon.

- CrimsonQuill