• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

jPOD

Started by Ajax, March 07, 2008, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajax

A TV series based off a book with the same name has recently premiered on the CBC and it is amazing. Best way to sum up the series is "Group of 20 something friends working in the tech industry in a post-internet bubble world". Sounds boring but it has a strange charm and the plot is always weird (kidnapping the woman who owns the copyright to the "Happy Birthday to You" song cause she was a gigantic *rhymes with ditch*). Anyways one of the most peculiar (and brilliant) casting choices was Alan Thicke as the father. You'll recognize him from Growing Pains and in this he plays the Bizzaro version of that character. You can watch episodes for free on the CBC's website.

EGD Eric

yeah, I get CBC myself, and I really like this show a lot. I've worked in game companies before, and the way the portray it is pretty convincing. They do make some errors (like having a coder do a "gore sequence"; coders don't do animations), but whatever, when you see the CG stuff on their computer screens, it looks like they're actually working on a game.
Also, the show's really funny in a twisted way. But I heard that CBC's cancelling the show! What a rip!

Ajax

They are cancelling it?! No!~  :banghead:

Alphanaut

I love this show! It's a real shame they're cancelling it.