• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

A short story i am working on -ink -march-14-08

Started by ink, March 06, 2008, 03:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ink

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

it's been a struggle and i bet it shows in the storytelling and drawings.
I am going to keep hacking but yeah ...tell me  what or how the stories goes and maybe i might have  done my job right.

I am progress of tweaking faces cause after i scanned it all it ....it all looked wrong. heh sigh

Updated: scroll to the bottom

Mowgli

Hey there! Let me say that I have been waiting to see this from you for a long time. I love your work and I have wanted to see sequentials from you. I don't think the faces need much tweaking at all. Even from the pencils, which are sketchy in areas, I can tell what you were trying to show us. No problems there.

The double page spread is really wonderful. I didn't know how your style would carry over into backgrounds, but it did. And it did it seamlessly. Well done. The perspective on the interior shot with the wood beams on the ceiling is great. I am convinced. Possibly a few more backgrounds (even though I know these aren't finished). I know not all shots need backgrounds, but some of the wider shots might benefit from some context.

The only critique I would offer may not be appropriate at this stage. How tight are these pencils going to get? There are some areas, such as the bike in the double page spread that might be a little vague for an inker. Those areas will be interpreted by an inker, unless you are inking this (in which case just ignore this part of the crit). That interpretation may be something you like, and it may not be. The tighter the pencils get, the more info you give the inker about what you wanted. It's not a problem, just something to be aware of.

Either way, I think you are well on your way to a great story. Keep at it, the work is paying off. Well done.  :thumbup:

captainspud

I don't think I've mentioned recently enough that your work makes me want to break my thumbs, crawl into a corner, and cry.

Alaric

Absolutely amazing.

It looks to me like two of the pages are in reverse order, though. Shouldn't they be approaching and opening the door before they see what's on the other side?

Cardmaster

Quote from: captainspud on March 06, 2008, 01:47:04 PM
I don't think I've mentioned recently enough that your work makes me want to break my thumbs, crawl into a corner, and cry.
Ditto.

Yep.

electro

Good stuff - love the dinner scenes :blink:

ink

[spoiler]Page1

Page2

Page3

Page4

Page5

Page6

Page7

Page8

still have to put in the panel borders in photoshop and clean up the lines to move on the colors. Just wanted to get some feed back and i think i might need help lettering the pages and adjust rooms for word bubbles.

I dont think i can make the second deadline but i guess feed back is always good. When is the deadline again btw?

[/spoiler]

ink

Quote from: ink4884PAGE1

PAGE2

PAGE3
[
PAGE4

PAGE5

PAGE6

PAGE7

PAGE8

allot of little changes. The big pages are to pages 3,6,7,8.
Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

ink

there have been allot of minor updates to panel composition and tweaking. I am now in the process of trying to make the best it possibly can be and i have started to ink so panels and started looking for different approaches? Any good tutoritals
online?

ink

ink

ink

I started working on that huntress piece again.
Can't find my old thread but i thought i create a new one. I am missing the last two pages which i'll post tommrow.

Uncle Yuan

Great stuff as always, ink.  I never did get back to comment on the short story - but I really like it.  Did you ever get the final inks done?  Had you planned to color it?

I'm not a huge Huntress fan, but I do like your style.  I'm looking forward to seeing this piece continue to develop.

captainspud

Where's the wind coming from in that last frame? The windows are closed. :)

ink

I plan to color it but yeah i need to find an inker or get an inker. hopefully the latter of the two.

Haha spud your total right, always forgot about that kind of stuff.

ink

I redid two old designs i did about 4 years ago just so my portfolio is more current with my latest work.