• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Conversion list

Started by daglob, February 22, 2008, 10:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Is there a list of meshes that will not convert from FF1 to FFv3R?

catwhowalksbyhimself

I don't believe a single one has been confirmed to be completely unconvertable by anyone. While certain folks have claimed certain meshes are unconvertable, others have disagreed.

GGiant

Actually, most skopes with skoped fx are unconvertable.

Alphanaut

Quote from: GGiant on February 23, 2008, 05:02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure daglob is talking about original meshes, not skopes.

daglob

Quote from: Alphanaut on February 24, 2008, 07:57:44 AM
Quote from: GGiant on February 23, 2008, 05:02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure daglob is talking about original meshes, not skopes.

Actually, that too. I hesitate to start a list, because I have had meshes that wouldn't convert the first or second time, finally converted when I decided to try "one last time". I was trying to convert the SuperLois stuff to FFv3R, and Peerless' VX Female Cape Skirt doesn't seem to convert. There are a few others. His Mary Marvel Black scope converted just fine, but the caped vesion did not.

daglob

Okay, I have several Classic Beast (some say they are scopes of the Classic mesh) meshes that have large, white areas on them. Is there an easy way to solve this problem? A few others have gotten fixed by converting it from scratch again, but Beasty here has been done six times now (maybe 7 is the charm?). I tried converting without changing the lighting values, still has white patches. Now, he also looks a little distorted; legs too long, one foot kinda weird looking.

For a weird bit: I put Copper Age's Superman and Mala (two Kryptonians) skins on the Male Alpha Regular Cape. Using the Character Creation section of FFv3R, I worked up Supes, then copied the character and changed the name. Then I changed the skin. Suddenly, there were the white areas all over the character. When I switched back to Superman, they were still there. Well, I figured I'd finish Mala and ask what to do here. I changed a few things, and when I went back to the main attrribute screen, everything was fine-no white areas or anything. I saved the character, and pulled him back up in the list- still just fine.

Does anyone know what causes this effect? I have several that have this problem; a few I've just converted from scratch another time or two, and it eventually worked.