• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Artistic Challenge 26: Potpourri - No signups necessary!

Started by Pyroclasm, February 21, 2008, 02:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroclasm

Let's try something completely different.

Instead of signing up for a commitment, this month will be a little more freeform.  This is still a challenge, so here's the deal:
If you want to participate, you can do one of two challenges--
1) Create fanart of one of the creations done during a previous challenge, or
2) Choose someone's assignment from a previous challenge that had not been done and do it.

You don't need to declare what your entry will be, but you are more than welcome to post about it.
Entries for item 1 should be actual FAN ART.  It is uncool to find an entry that someone did, and say, "I have a better idea for that assignment."  The point is to say, "Hey I liked that idea." PM me or post if you are unsure.
For item 2, just find an assignment that was not completed from any challenge PRIOR TO CHALLENGE #25.  (As of this posting, #25 is still going on.)  We all have trouble coming up with entries sometimes.  This way, some of the entry ideas can be recycled.

Start posting your entries March 1st.  The next challenge starts in April, but you can post in this thread at any time.  Even if you find this thread in July, the challenge is still valid.

Rules:
1) Virtually any style--  Drawing, painting, CG, sculpture, action figures/dioramas, etc.
2) It must be your art.  No reposting or plagiarizing other people's art.  Obviously it's an honor system, but you don't wanna get called out on it and end up ruining it for others.
3) Nothing from Freedom Force or City of Heroes/Villains.  (Both have their own sections on FR.) If you make something (like a skin) that coincides with your art entry, you can link to the another thread.
4) Although technically not a work in progress thread, it's ok to make one in-progress post and then your final.  You can also create a new thread featuring your work in progress and link to it.  I just don't want other artist's work buried under repeated postings of your progress.
5) Forum rules still govern subject matter.

Remember this is open to artists of all levels and all styles!

PS: I'd like to try out some new ideas for challenges beyond what we've been doing.  Have a non-randomizer idea you'd want considered?  Have an additional theme idea you want added to the list?  Just head over to the Challenge Ideas Thread.

UnkoMan

Oh maaaannn... nobody has signed up for this? Sheesh. SHEESH!

This is a bit of a downer. Okay, you know what? I might have to do something come the very end of March, if I get the time. Just because I am so dissapointed in you folks right now. Shame on you all.

Pyroclasm

LOL, no one needs to sign up, but I thought we'd have seen some art by now.
I guess I like sign-up challenges better.