• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Favorite comic sound effect

Started by Dr.Volt, January 29, 2008, 07:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Volt

Hey, just for fun, what's your favorite comic book word sound effect?  I actually have a couple.  I used to have a spider-man video game for the Sega Genesis back in the stone age that used the sound effect "pok!".  I've always loved that one.  Then I saw the Savage Dragon clocking some bad guy once with the sound effect "Krakatoa!" above his head.  LOL!

randyripoff

thalaw2

kkhohoho

ow_tiobe_sb

One knows the character in question is in great danger when one hears "SCHLUK!"

:ph34r:

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

GGiant

MJB

El Condor

Deaths Jester

Karump!  course there's always the great Shp!

Reepicheep

Sword

BWPS

ow_tiobe_sb

bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Afterthe Fall

Outamyhead

lmalonsof

In Spain there's a famous comic book series (with great success also in Germay) called 'Mortadelo y Filemón', in Germany I think the name is 'Klever und Smart'. There you can read sounds like:

ÑGÑGÑG!

KRFLTJX!

thalaw2

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ha!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAA!!vv

herodad1

Zippo

I once saw a panel in some manga, I think maybe Naruto, where trees were growing very quickly.

The sound effect was, of course, "Treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Spam

Deaths Jester

Protomorph

Flying_Fox

robinka

i agree with condor: bamf
(i made x-mas cookies once to spell it out :) )

cmdrkoenig67

I've always been partial to Vreet!