• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Havok

Started by Outcast, January 18, 2008, 09:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

So far, here's what i got for him.
Strength-3,Speed-4,Agility-4,Endurance-4,Energy-6/7

1 Melee Attack (Low Magnitude,Slow Swiftness,No Energy Cost)

1 Plasma Blast (Beam/Projectile?) Very High Magnitude Heat Damage,Fast Velocity,Medium Range,Low Accuracy,Low Energy Cost?

According to Taskmaster's Conversion chart on Plasma attacks, it gets +1 Magnitude/Stun/Knockback. (So,is it ok to add 1 on each?) :huh:

Other attributes: Light Speed, Coordinator (considering his Leadership skills).

And he should be highly resistant to (fire(plasma)?/radiation?). Hmm,so i'm thinking of a radioactive attribute? And again according to Taskmaster's conversion instructions, a 25% Passive defense absorb for (fire?plasma? or radiation? really not sure which is which).

Would it suit him to have unstable energy attribute as well? How about the focus attribute for his area attacks? :P Speaking of area attacks...

1 area attack this time just a High Magnitude heat damage. But since its plasma it gets a +1 on Magnitude/Stun/Knockback. Area Radius, i'm thinking probably medium? :unsure:

I'm also not sure of how Havok's powers have evolved now. I've read in classic marvel that he has a flight suit? If this is the case, then i would need to add a flier attribute.(For the most recent costume he has...). It also mentioned the suit giving him some protection for physical and energy attacks.  :huh: Hmmm, would it be ok to make him resistant to crushing,piercing, and energy? :P There is also some mention of a teleporter device? :o

Any suggestions appreciated. :)

AfghanAnt

You don't have to follow Taskmaster's chart. What I usually do it some research of my own, read a few comics with the character in it and create from there and adjust.

Outcast

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 19, 2008, 11:46:50 AM
You don't have to follow Taskmaster's chart. What I usually do it some research of my own, read a few comics with the character in it and create from there and adjust.

Hmmmm. Did you do any research on Havok? :) How did you go about applying them for Freedom Force? How did you measure the strength of Havok's plasma blast?

Originally, i think i estimated it by determining how many blasts it would take for Havok to take out say a thug?or say the likes of Minute Man? I also imagined the destructive effects it can do to background objects says like a tree,boulders,cars,lamp posts and buildings. :P  Since i've also read that he could really tone his power down so as to just give a person a slight headache, i ended up doing different kinds of plasma blasts. One that deals with crushing damage, with some knockback power in it. (Concussive force due to super heated air?) But crushing damage didn't really do much damage to rocks and buildings while i was testing it in  :ff:, so i later decided to change it to an energy (high) damage type instead without the knockback effect(So as to make the power a little bit less expensive). Another one with heat damage with stun effects to simulate how he can stun a person/give them a headache? I couldn't lower one heat attack to just barely affect a normal civilian, at the same time be able to destroy trees easily. So i made 2 ranged heat attacks. One high, One low. (I find it useful sometimes to use the low magnitude blasts just to scare normal civilians that are in the way. ^_^) But to do that i had to do away with the stun effects altogether. Further readings also mentioned that he was able to destroy a ship easily. So, i figured he could just as easily blow up cars in Freedom Force with one blast. Which made me decide at that time to give him another plasma blast.This time with the Ignition (high)damage type. To support his beam attacks i gave him the Light Speed attribute as well. Oh and these blasts have long range,fast,with high accuracy.(  :huh: What? Ok ok...so im biased coz his one of my favorite characters. I can't help it. :P)

Regarding his area attacks, which i've also read is very dangerously destructive to everyone around him. I thought how it could easily destroy buildings. So again. I decided to use an energy damage type on this one, with a medium area radius. Being a possible danger to anyone, i gave him the Unstable Energy attribute.

Also, since it was said that he can absorb almost all forms of radiation, even as powerful as nuclear radiation. I ended up giving him a very high(almost always) passive defense on all forms of radiation/heat. :P Since there were exceptions to the forms of radiation he could absorb, i tried to limit it by just applying them to ranged,area, and direct attacks only. .. :P In relation with this, i thought it appropriate to give him the Radioactive and Volcanic attributes.

Another factor i decided to implement at that time was how he would get tired after extensive use of his plasma blasts. But then he is also constantly absorbing cosmic energy. So i gave him an energy stat of 9. You know, it has been said the Living Monolith had used him as a constant source of energy? :unsure:.. :P
Usually energy costs for his channeled plasma blasts, i gave him a low cost on each one. After testing it inside the Rumble Room, increasing the magnitude of his energy blasts to get the desired effects also dramatically increased the energy cost of his blasts. So consecutive use just isn't possible. But with an energy stat of 9, you could fire his blasts again after a period of time. But if you have enemies who fire radation beams at you, its blast till you drop. :P

I forgot why i gave him the disciplined attribute though. Maybe it's got something to do with some informal training he would have received from Professor X i guess. :P

Other stats ended up basically the same for a normal human. (Str 3, Spd 4, Agl 4, End 4 )

Anyways, i did this hero file way back...in  :ff:...didn't know of any ffx yet, or taskmaster's conversion charts. :P