• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Aqua-Supes

Started by Dr.Volt, January 15, 2008, 08:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Volt

Recently, Daglob wrote the following under the "released" column...which really intrigued me:

"Now at Character Obscura, another skin for Superman in the One Man Justice League series.

In the story "The Day Superman Became The Flash", Jor-El uses a supercomputer to predict what will happen to his son if he is sent to any of six different planets. Earth was one, what about the others?

On a watery planet, Kal El is adopted by a race of water breathing humans, not at all unlike Atlanteans. For some reason, he adopts an orange and green costume (anyone with any sense knows that it isn't orange, it's really gold), and becomes a hero yet again (must be in his blood).

Two more to go..."

To which I wrote (exerpted some text out):

"Would he (Aqua-Supes) have similar powers to classic, well known Superman on the Aqua planet??  Course, I guess this would depend greatly upon whether or not the sun around the water world had similar properties as Sol.  But I'm guessing that he would have Aquaman'ish powers on top of the other powers.  Fascinating!!"

Sooooooooo...any thoughts on this???  How would you stat an Aqua-Supes out??  Would he have as high a STR, invulnerability, heat vision, flight etc?  Or would he only have Aquaman type powers?

daglob

As I remember, Superman had all his powers on the water world-the planets where he became versions of The Flash, Batman, and Green Arrow had red suns. Back in the old days, Supes could either breathe water or go without breathing for days, weeks on end. I'm guessing here, since it's been years since I read the story.

Dr.Volt

Oh, I didn't realize that the aquatic superman (and the others) were actually done in comics!  I would like to read them one day!  Out of curiosity, did he have the ability to communicate with sea life, have the sonar abilities etc.?  My guess would be probably not if he were constrained to the same powers as he has on Earth.  Very interesting none the less!

daglob

If you haven't been to Atomic Robot's site, you should go. He has variant costumes for Superman and Batman, all from various issues of the comic.

One day I'll do the Red Kryptonite derived-Ant-Headed Superman...

Carravaggio

You should be ashamed at yourself for not having done it already!!  :angry:

:lol:

Dr.Volt

Quote from: Carravaggio on January 18, 2008, 03:15:57 AM
You should be ashamed at yourself for not having done it already!!  :angry:

:lol:

*Hee-hee*  I've been there...but it's been a while.  And I don't remember an aquatic Superman nor an ant headed Supes for that matter!  Well, guess I'll have to go back for another visit!  Lol!

Kenn

I remember that story.  And, yes, the aquatic world was under a yellow sun, so he had his ful complement of powers (whther he knew of them or not.)

Dr.Volt

Thanks for the reply Ken...I still really love this idea.  Now how about that Superman who was raised on Thanagar.... :P   ;)

Kenn

I think I read that one too...

IIRC, Thanagar has a yellow sun.

Oh, and which Thanagar are we talking about?  The pleasant planet where the police dressed like birds, the crooks stole for the thrill of it, and their most decorated police office lived off-planet with his lovely wife Shayera?  Or the not-so pleasant planet where there was a HUGE gap between the haves and have-nots, and the cops were militaristic and dressed like armoured storm trooppers with bird helmets, and they had a notable officer who was a killer and a recovering addict who was sent to Earth with another cop, a red-haired b*tch who was likewise a trouble maker?