• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Supergroup ideas...

Started by The_Baroness, January 06, 2008, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandar

Out of curiosity...

How did you access the COH textures?

The_Baroness

I used the Piggviewer to see the textures and then had to make screenshots to paste them to paint shop pro...

Valandar

The_Baroness

Valandar

Quote from: The_Baroness on April 22, 2008, 07:15:52 PM
Well... let you see into the files of CoH... i think this link may work..

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=piggviewer&filename=Piggviewer_5_7.zip&use_mirror=ufpr

Cool! How do I use it? Does it have a gui, is it command line? Do I drag and drop a PIGG on top of it?

The_Baroness

just unzip and then open the program and search for the pigg you want to see, it is pretty simple really... wish i could explain more or better, but that is a skill i seriously lack in english, in spanish i a a lot better explaining things

Lionheart

Quote from: Valandar on April 22, 2008, 07:33:36 PM
Quote from: The_Baroness on April 22, 2008, 07:15:52 PM
Well... let you see into the files of CoH... i think this link may work..

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=piggviewer&filename=Piggviewer_5_7.zip&use_mirror=ufpr

Cool! How do I use it? Does it have a gui, is it command line? Do I drag and drop a PIGG on top of it?

It does have a gui; you open the pigg files via menu options. I had found a great tutorial online a year ago, but can't find it now. There is one on cohguru.com, but it is not as detailed as the web page I found before. If I can find it again, I'll post it here.

Aly Cat

I'm really liking your skins, primarily because FF has always seemed to have too much testosterone (hence my tendanvy to make primarily female skins). I like the utilization of the CoH textures, they have some very nice 1's, keep it up; I look forward to seeing your skinning mature (FR needs some more female skinners). Oh, and thanx for the nod AA  ;) (wow....didn't notice how old this thread was........)

The_Baroness

:) thank you for your words Aly Cat, i admire many skinners and your work is one of those who inspire me

I'm a little stuck right now, have not touched anything seriously since march probably...  though will probably start again now that i feel the need to make my avatar :)

Have not made anything really serious but have tried some of the advices on test skins... and here is something i put together sometime ago, not really satisfied how it came out but i think it is a good first try.. will probably fix it a little more... i know the top needs to be fixed around the neck and ebtter align the boots, specially right one with the foot... and the lighter parts should be more transparent..... well a WIP

Aly Cat

I see you're using the VX mesh for that skin, a good choice since it does not have the chest distortion like other meshes & it has quite a few other good features. The only issue that they have, and Vertex & I have talked about this before, is that the hairs are not as good as some of the other female meshes. Looking forward to see what you come up with; almost makes me want to start up again.   ^_^

The Hitman

Wow... color me impressed.

I know it's a WIP, so here's a few things to check out. There's a real faint line where the two legs meet in front. It's just enough to distract, but that's no big deal. I would either put a belt on her, or have the cut on the top end a little below the waist, just because the divider between the top and bottom half of all FF meshes is really unnatural. Everything else you already mentioned.

The face work is really good. Looks very nice. Well done. Eyebrows may go off a little too far, but that's not a big deal.

If you're not happy with the hair, I suggest downloading NifSkope. It's a neat little tool that allows you to copy and paste pieces from other meshes together. Or, if nothing else, just ask someone to do it for you. There's plenty of people here that will help.

All in all, this is a great start! Keep up the good work!

Aly Cat

If I'm not mistaken, the face is actually the base made by my good buddy Matrix, which may have came with the mesh. I'd check with Bobby (Vertex) before 'skoping any of his meshes; I have not talked to him in quite some time so I'm not sure of his standing on having his stuff 'skoped. I know he had talked about updating the VX females a while back, but I don't know what ever became of that.

The Hitman

Unless my memory's playing a trick on me (and it usually is nowadays), Bobby/Vertex is on the permissions list. Let me check...

EDIT: http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=44332.msg611745#msg611745

I'm not losing my mind after all!  :thumbup:

The_Baroness

thank you for your comments, and yes the face is the base skin , i am not really going to attempt to do my own faces yet... not that experienced or talented, so for a long time you will only see those wonderful bases :)

I like vertex work a lot, my only complain would be the mapping of the female meshes since it makes impossible to move skins from other meshes to the vx ones

I may do a version for other meshes or skope ink's black canary hair on this one

and ...

Quote from: Aly Cat on June 12, 2008, 09:07:29 PM
Looking forward to see what you come up with; almost makes me want to start up again.   ^_^

please please start up again :)

Aly Cat

Yeah, that's a big issue with Vertex's female meshes, which I think was intentional to pull away from the heavy dependance on using bases that everyone uses & to branch off into making your own unique base ;tho' I believe only Matrix & I ever made bases for the VX females and mine came AFTER they were made so have never been released. As for returning; anything is possible.......

The_Baroness

Well... inspired by the great mesh by tommyboy i tried to skope Zinda and made this...  (neither the hat, belt or gun are skined by me)

must say that for the first time i am happy with  a hair...  and as usual, suggestions, coments, whippings... uh.. no.. not that..

Deaths Jester

It's loking pretty good but might I suggest some highlighting around the emblem and some shading on the top of the face/head to make it look like the hat is casting the shadow.  Other than that....'eres those whippings ye wanted.  *breaks out a leather whip and whips Baroness ont he tuss a few times*

-DJ

The_Baroness

ouch....  i said not to that... anyway...

here is how she looks now... added the shadow and changed the belt a little to that of black canary

Carravaggio

That belt looks much better, it helps break up all the dark tones...nice work on the hair, too.

The_Baroness

Thanks Carravaggio... but the belt, gun and hat are not mine... and i dont think i can improve them so if or when i release this, will just suggest where to get them... though will try to skin them and see what comes.... now the cop hat is a recolloring of the normal cop so will see if i can do something similar, i took it from pulp versatil mesh, the gun is from checkmate knight female, and the belt is ink's black canary

The_Baroness

ok here are some ideas i had about this group... still need to smooth them a little more

Caupolicán : Based on a historical figure Should be the classical superstrong character

Tralca: Means thunder in mapudungun, a short haired woman with powers much like storm

el Condor: (3 versions, 60's (dies trying to save Allende from the coup September 11, 1973) , military one during Pinochet's regime, and 3 one amuch younger one trynig to redeem the name, second one is a hero of the state but for his actiosn is a villain during the dictatorship of Pinochet)
   Not sure if they should have the same motiff... probably one would be an armored flying guy (second one) and the first and 3 should carry a shield

Second one should now be called Condor Negro and be a villain

Husar de la Muerte: Weapon Master, shadowy figure based on Manuel Rodriguez, so.. black uniform with silver skull insignia

other possible names, need to asign them a story and powers:

- Caleuche

- Pincoya

Carravaggio

They all sound great to me :)
Would it be possible for Condor Negro to be female, the daughter or granddaughter of one of the originals, angered over their treatment? I like the idea of three Condors, shows continuity and history, plus silver age costumes were awesome (pirate bootcuffs FTW!)
I usually sketch up some quick one two tone thumbnails to help me work out what the costume will look like, and to help create uniformity, but you might be going for a visually varied team, rather than a unified one.
Looking forward to what you put together, keep us all informed :)

The_Baroness

Another idea could be that Condor Negro is the daughter of the second one... and yes, they will be a team but not likely to have uniforms... will try to sketch them or do a very very rough skin just showing the colors and designs but plain colors and no details...

Carravaggio

You could always grab some sort of body template, like the Timmverse templates; plain outlines of male and female figures you can colour in Photoshop to get an idea of how costume composition looks.

The_Baroness

Well... i finally got to skin the belt and hat (well.. hat is just a recoloring of the original cop from irrational) and made a variation... if you are all ok i can upload the skope and skins to my group

The_Baroness

Well here is The 3 version of Condor.. the actual one... very early WIP... very satisfied how the shield came out, plus an image of the Chilean flag

as usual coments, suggestions etc

The_Baroness

getting closer.... i think...

comments and suggestiosn are welcome and appreciated

Carravaggio

I like the leather straps texture from COH.
If there was anything I could offer as help, it would be the following:

1. Seams. there are a lot of different ways to do this, each skinner has a different method, so look at your favourite skinners to try to see hope they manage it. By seams I mean definition between two different types or colours of materials. COH doesn't actually have any seams, and because of the complexity of the models and how they light them they get away with it, but on a FF mesh, definition between materials, such as where the blue and red meet, are paramount.

2. Highlights. Your colours are very rich, but also flat. There is little variation between the midtones and the darkest tone. Use a much lighter tone of the colour to make a highlight on the part of the costume that would be the most raised (the peak of the bicep etc.) I wrote a short guide for it a few years ago, its on the FF wiki (can't find the link right now, any kind soul care to lend a hand?)

Is this the 60's version of the Condor? I think you could afford to create a slightly more complex chest design that incorporates some of the vast white on the Chilean flag.
Its a nice start, I'll be interested to see where it goes.
Sorry if my responses are a bit vague, i taught today and i'm bushed.

Podmark

Quote from: The_Baroness on June 23, 2008, 05:11:49 AM
Well here is The 3 version of Condor.. the actual one... very early WIP... very satisfied how the shield came out, plus an image of the Chilean flag

as usual coments, suggestions etc

Where did you get the hair for his mesh? I like it.
Nice Blackhawk

The_Baroness

Thanks for the comments Carr, will try to do something about highlights, and trying to see what looks better for the seams... trying a thin line of a lighter tone of the color where they both meet. This is the actual Condor.... and will add a star on the chest later, for the first one i have a diffrenet mesh in mind (think of general glory)

Podmark: that hair comes from AA's avatar and thanks :)

Tried some highlights making an overlay raster, and will probably change the pants...

|