• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes

Started by Previsionary, January 04, 2008, 09:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Is anyone still watching this? I know we used to have a thread, but apparently, it disappeared. Anyway, I caught up on some episodes this week and I must say that it's really progressed since the first few episodes I saw. I won't give much away, but I will say that I enjoyed several episodes including Imperius Rex, Strings, Frightful, Contest of Champions, and Atlantis Attacks.

In general, here are some of the things I like about the series:

• Susan isn't fainting/being kidnapped every second as she was prone to do in the 1960s-1990s series.
  • Susan is portrayed as the most formidable member of the team. She's like a TK only Jean Grey
  • Several heroes have guest starred or made cameos: Hulk, Antman, She-hulk, Texas Twister, Squirrel Girl
  • Ben is generally portrayed well
  • The show is slightly humorous...which I can't really say about the other series (intentionally)

Things I don't like

• Voices still seem a little off to me beyond Ben and possibly Alicia/Doom/Namor
  • Johnny's personality is kinda annoying. He's practically a giant kid.
  • Susan is bossy/whiny.
  • Reed seems less assertive in this series than any other. IE: He doesn't really fit into his leader role in this series

So what do you guys think?

Silver Shocker

I've actually grown to be quite a fan of the show dispite not being much of a FF fan. Manly because of its animation style and character designs. I know there's no shortage of people out there who are not pleased with the trend to style american cartoons'  animation after Japanese anime but I find the animation quality in the show is good.  But mainly I like the character designs, including the FF costumes which are one of my favourite versions of thier costume for some reason. Johhny's hair is bizarre though, and I think they do go quite too far with Johnny's immaturity in an attempt to make him funny. In a similar vein, H.E.R.B.I.E.'s nerotic oversensitive behavoir bother's me, as I doubt Reed would design a computer system this way.

The writing's decent enough, I'd say- one problem I do have is the show seems to require a knowledge of some of the comic book guest stars going in-such as the Hulk and Iron Man, who the FF already know, as opposed to other Marvel cartoons such as the 90's Spider-Man where you and Spidey were introduced to Marvel characters such as Punisher and Daredevil at the same time. The way FF does it may be less tedious for comic readers, but might be offputting for the children who don't know the property. Another oddity of the writing (though I don't nessisarly mind this) is that certain episodes start out with them right in the middle of the fight with that episodes villain, such as the one with Diablo or the renegade Doombot.

I also like some of the voices, dispite its use off many voice actors I hear all the time in other shows. The show could use more of a longterm plot though IMO.

Ares_God_of_War

What time is this on? It used to be on cartoon network but I havent seen one in a long time. I really wanted to see the Shehulk cameo

thanoson

Johnny acts like he's 12. What was his role in the group before they got bombarded again?

Silver Shocker

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on January 04, 2008, 03:59:55 PM
What time is this on? It used to be on cartoon network but I havent seen one in a long time. I really wanted to see the Shehulk cameo

I live in Canada, where it's been on since the beginning of last year, and for a while it was quite ahead of where the US was.