• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Pod's skins: Finally some releases (Dec 14/08)

Started by Podmark, December 19, 2007, 02:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 22, 2008, 04:52:44 AM
Quote from: Podmark on June 22, 2008, 02:03:27 AMDespite my best attempts I couldn't update the front page without breaking the formatting, so hopefully AA can take care of that at some point.

No, problem. I've got a few things to get on the site today I'll update before 12 Central time.

Thanks. And looks like I've got some goodies to download from you too :D

miguelyanke

yipe! in this week i hope to upload some AoA skopes and aio i did..

Podmark

So does anyone know who my fav DC (other than Batman) is?

[spoiler]
Kyle Rayner in his most recent costume.

I picked up the Sinestro Corps trades last week and felt like skinning something from it. Not sure if anyone has skinned this costume yet, Murs probably has, but there's always room for more.
I kinda like this costume. Not as good as his Jim Lee costume, but a nice merger of it and his original. Nice to see him back as a GL again.
[/spoiler]

No update for Decibel at the moment. I need to fix up the new skope and update it, might be a while til I get to it.

Podmark

Decided to do an update to one of my older skins tonight.

Bolt was skinned during a period when I skinned alot of characters but grew unhappy with shortly afterwards. Bolt in particular I really wanted to update and I'm much happier with the new version.

Blkcasanova247

Excellent work Pod on both of these skins. Only one critique on Bolt.....the area below the the abs....the darker purple just cuts of the flow of abs....I know that the torso cut of at one point and the waist and legs start at another...but they need to blend. ;) Kyle is my 4th favorite DC character...even with this new "god awful" uniform. :P I don't like it what can I say...however you did a superb job skinning it. :thumbup:

Podmark

I'll see if I can fix that blending issue. Shouldn't be too hard.

herodad1

Carravaggio

Nice to see your improvement, mate, and its a huge step forward. It can be amazing the difference a few years makes.

UnkoMan

Looks way nicer now. I like the varying purple tones for the highlights. His chin might need a drop, unless it's just because he's zoomed out. And I agree about just below the abs. Simple fix.

Will you be further updating?

Podmark

Quote from: UnkoMan on July 17, 2008, 05:01:54 PM
Looks way nicer now. I like the varying purple tones for the highlights. His chin might need a drop, unless it's just because he's zoomed out. And I agree about just below the abs. Simple fix.

Will you be further updating?

This character? Or other old skins?
Answers: No, and eventually.

I love updating my old skins, particularly to take advantage of Nifskope, so you'll be seeing more of that in time. Right now I'm finally fixing up the Decibel skins shown earlier. Preview should be up in a bit.

Podmark

And as promised the Decibel preview:

Comments/suggestions are welcome. The third version is in the works.

AfghanAnt

I'm really digging the way you did both of the Jono skins but that skirt is bothering me. It's too wide or something.

Also nice improvement on Bolt. I use to like the New Warriors lineup he belonged too.

billdamn22

I don't know too much about this character after Generation X, but looking good as far as I can tell.
Bolt is a great update. With the advance of Nifskope, I find myself going through my old skins as well. Just not enough time in the day. Keep it up.... :thumbup:

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on July 18, 2008, 05:22:55 AM
I'm really digging the way you did both of the Jono skins but that skirt is bothering me. It's too wide or something.

I'm open to suggestions on the skirt. I can't resize it without losing the movement track with the legs, which means it will become static. And it's probably too long to leave static.

detourne_me

Quote from: Podmark on July 18, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

I'm open to suggestions on the skirt. I can't resize it without losing the movement track with the legs, which means it will become static. And it's probably too long to leave static.
how about yellow lantern's or renegade's green arrow skirts?

Podmark

Quote from: detourne_me on July 18, 2008, 07:11:17 PM
Quote from: Podmark on July 18, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

how about yellow lantern's or renegade's green arrow skirts?

Took a look at it but it didn't really work for me.

And finally the preview of Decibel's current costume:

One thing to keep in mind is that the skirt and sleeves look too dark, but thats just the parts, they should look fine in game.

Jakew

Cool stuff  :thumbup:

Slightly off topic, but ... any plans to do the "scarf around the face" or "fire face look"?

http://www.toymania.com/customcorner/cc12/box/chamber1.jpg

Podmark

Quote from: Jakew on July 21, 2008, 06:05:52 PM
Slightly off topic, but ... any plans to do the "scarf around the face" or "fire face look"?

Eventually...maybe. Skinning Generation X greatly interests me but I've got other things to concentrate on. If I ever pick up some GenX, which I really want to do, then that would help things along.

Podmark

Finally finished Prodigy in his New X-Men uniform.

Took me forever to find a hair piece I was happy with but I finally found it in Valandar's Nightcrawler. The Prodigy pack will be reuploaded soon along with the Kyle Rayner, Bolt and Decibel skins previewed above.

I've been slowly been working on some other skins which should be ready to preview soon.

Jakew

That looks white hot  :thumbup: Where did the boots and gloves come from? Do the gloves have X-symbols on them?

Blkcasanova247

AfghanAnt

Prodigy looks nice but I think I have some ideas about Jono's skirt, why not use Gren's Hogun's skirt?

Podmark

Quote from: Jakew on August 14, 2008, 03:26:29 AM
That looks white hot  :thumbup: Where did the boots and gloves come from? Do the gloves have X-symbols on them?

Gloves are from Tommyboy's Superboy Prime, and yes they have the x-symbol on them :) you can see a bit of it if you look closely. The boots are from another Tommyboy mesh, I think it's Mach 2 but I'd have to check.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on August 14, 2008, 08:28:25 AM
Prodigy looks nice but I think I have some ideas about Jono's skirt, why not use Gren's Hogun's skirt?

Cool I'll take a look.

UnkoMan

Dig it. You pump along quite nicely with your smooth style. It's nice and easy on the eyes.

One thing though, I don't know if it's just my monitor, but his skin seems a bit red looking. Is it just me?

Podmark

Quote from: UnkoMan on August 14, 2008, 01:42:03 PM
Dig it. You pump along quite nicely with your smooth style. It's nice and easy on the eyes.

One thing though, I don't know if it's just my monitor, but his skin seems a bit red looking. Is it just me?

The red is an slight undertone of the yellow. Someone said a red hue works well for the shadows in reds and I tend to agree as long as it's not too much.

Jakew

Hey, you released Decibel and didn't tell anyone!!!  :)

Podmark

Quote from: Jakew on September 02, 2008, 07:09:44 PM
Hey, you released Decibel and didn't tell anyone!!!  :)

There was a reason for that. AA was planning a site update, but plans changed so it hasn't happened yet.

So officially: Prodigy, Kyle Rayner, Bolt, and Decibel are uploaded. Have been for a few too actually.

AfghanAnt

The site update is coming. I had to evacuate from my home last week because of Gustav but everything is fine and I'm actually trying to get everything ready tonight.

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on September 06, 2008, 05:55:26 PM
The site update is coming. I have to evacuate from my home last week because of Gustav but everything is fine and I'm actually trying to get everything ready tonight.

Prefectly understandable AA.

Podmark

So it's been a while, back in school so it took me a while to find the right combination of time and motivation to get some skins finished.

So I give you X-Factor's Jamie Madrox the Multiple Man and Layla Miller the girl who knows stuff:

Add a few extras Madrox for good measure:

Around the time of Messiah Complex I realized that I love Madrox and Layla.
Layla took forever to finish. Had to do a lot of base work, which isn't exactly my forte. Worked on it on and off for the last 2 months. Madrox has been done for a while, but I wanted to show them together.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

|