Trauma

Started by Hiroki8, September 18, 2007, 08:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiroki8

I was just wondering how could
(the initiative)trauma's powers could be replicated

Podmark

Lol I was wondering about that too.

For those unfamiliar, Trauma is a shapeshifter who changes based on his opponents fears. So with Hulk he changed into the Abomination among others.

A fear based attack could work but that doesn't cover the offensive capabilities of his power.

lugaru

Mmm... accidental change based on your opponents attacks?

And each accidental form with a fear direct attack?

You could set up like 5 forms (say specific villains) based around specific hero types and then have trauma turn into shapes that are good against those types, moreso than specific fears. So if an opponent is metal he might morph into Electro and have an unfair advantage, but then again that would give his foes a reason to be scared.

(I did a character like that once called nemesis, based on material types he transformed into a dude with defense against probably powers and a power strong against that material type).

Hiroki8

you mean shapshift? or can you set 5 accidental forms?

Podmark

Podmark

I'm just resurrecting this thread because my Trauma skin should be released soon.
Any more ideas. I think lugaru's is good but I'm not sure how exactly to implement it. Never worked with accidental change before.

Any ideas on what he should change to. Electro vs metal types sounds like a good idea.

Talavar

The problem is that accidental change only allows 1 alternate form, at least without tinkering in .py files.  Shapeshift combined with judicious AI file editing might work, but it's not an easy solution.

Jakew

I was thinking the easiest way of doing it (for me) would be to have the Trauma mesh transform into Hulk .... ala yell0w_lantern's Banner/Hulk mesh or TJ's Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde. Only have him remain as Trauma for his melee idle, falling and running animations.

Not that I know how to do that or anything ....

Also give him a ranged fear attack.

But I agree, tricky power to simulate! A little like Nemesis Kid.

USAgent

Has anybody else been toying with a good way to represent Trauma yet?  I really dont know what to do with this guy.  I want to be able to stick with using Pod's skin in the rumble room somehow but the only thing that comes to mind is direct attacts using fx like the Fire Golum or the Tree or Rock Golum or some skeleton fx, but that doesnt really represent how his powers look in the comics.
If there was just a way to get him to shapechnge into different forms based on his opponents weakness and get the AI to automaticly do it as well...

Talavar

Yeah, Trauma's power to actually turn into character's fears is pretty much impossible to actually do in FF.  You could approximate it with a lot of AI file customization & Shapeshifter maybe, but it'd be a lot of work.  First, give Trauma 6 (I think that's the max) forms, each one representing a different fear "group" which would represent something a large group of people would be afraid of.  Maybe a giant monster for one, some sort of skeletal approximation of Death, maybe a zombie, um, others....  Then you'd need to edit his AI file to use each form only when members of the fear group you've created are present.

murs47

I'll throw in some suggestions..can't say they're too good though.

I basically asked myself what do the majority of marvel heroes and villains fear? The Hulk. A very angry Hulk. Why not have one of his moves be a transformation into the Hulk. It's a bit broad but if you wanted to get specific you'd have to create a different move for every character he would encounter. You could of course throw in some more transformations like Galactus or Dr. Doom.

I've actually forgotten the specifics of his power. Does he transform into his opponents worst fear, powers and all? Or, does he just change his appearance?

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on April 01, 2008, 07:22:53 PM
I've actually forgotten the specifics of his power. Does he transform into his opponents worst fear, powers and all? Or, does he just change his appearance?

Powers and all, though I suspect he may be slightly less powerful based on his performances.