• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Doomsday vs WW Hulk

Started by Indigo, September 14, 2007, 11:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo

Guys, is it fair to make my WW Hulk hero file almost similar with Doomsday's?  I mean no disrespect but USAgent's and TMX's Hulk hero file can't seem to last with their Doomsday.

Can Hulk actually last long against Doomsday?  Is Hulk even capable to roughing up Superman like Doomsday did?

USAgent

Oh I think it is safe to say that WW Hulk could go toe to toe with Doomsday, my Hulk hero file is him at his normal hulked out mode, but the WW hulk is much much tougher, his strength and durability is off the charts and along with his ability to regenerate practicly instantly.......that would be a great battle indeed. 

But I regular Hulk would get beat by Doomsday.

SingleMalt

World War Hulk is the most powerful incarnation of the Hulk to date. This version of the Hulk is practically invincible. He was trained in the Gladiator pits and his fueled by a rage he has never felt before, raising his strength to cosmic levels. However Doomsday is immortal and like Jason Vorhees he will rise again once you killed him. Remember Doomsday was created on Krypton to be the greatest biological weapon in the universe. Sure the Hulk can kill him but he (Doomsday) will rise again and evolve a defense against the brute force of the Hulk. However Green Scar is intelligent now and would figure out a way to defeat him like Superman did.

Indigo

Hmmm, you have a point there, the bastard can't die.  I think there ought to be some sort of a 'Resurrection' attribute for the him.

Truth be said, I think Hulk is strong enough to last long with Doomsday but is he strong enough to kill Superman?  And another thing I'm kinda uneasy to make Hulk with only slight differences or almost similar from Doomsday is because he came from the other side of the planet and Bruce Banner became Hulk only because of some radiation, gamma bomb blast right?

Can a radiated human beat an extra-terrestrial life form? I'm so confused. :(

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Indigo on September 15, 2007, 09:50:08 AM
Hmmm, you have a point there, the bastard can't die.  I think there ought to be some sort of a 'Resurrection' attribute for the him.

Truth be said, I think Hulk is strong enough to last long with Doomsday but is he strong enough to kill Superman?  And another thing I'm kinda uneasy to make Hulk with only slight differences or almost similar from Doomsday is because he came from the other side of the planet and Bruce Banner became Hulk only because of some radiation, gamma bomb blast right?

Can a radiated human beat an extra-terrestrial life form? I'm so confused. :(

Uhmm what? I'm confused as what you are saying. World War Hulk has taken on almost every hero in the Marvel Universe and laid waste to them. Doomsday (recently at least) is not as powerful as he was in Death of Superman. In fact, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman along with Paradise Island defeated an army of Doomsdays.

Indigo

Yes, I also don't have alot of comics in my inventory. :(

SingleMalt

I assumed we were talking about the Doomsday that killed Superman.

D1ssident

Uhmm what? I'm confused as what you are saying. World War Hulk has taken on almost every hero in the Marvel Universe and laid waste to them. Doomsday (recently at least) is not as powerful as he was in Death of Superman. In fact, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman along with Paradise Island defeated an army of Doomsdays.

They were 'animates' (shoddy undead clones grown by darkseid)... doomsday zombies if you will :p

... which was a big fat anticlimax.

My two cents is; even vanilla hulk would give doomsday a run for his money (going off the dc vs marvel, hulk/superman clash) wwhulk vs doomsday could go either way  :unsure:

herodad1

i think story wise they run into trouble with the characters later making them that powerful.thats why ive always leaned to early marvel.

Jakew

Doomsday has been powered down since his first appearance ... kinda like Bane, when he was Batman's arch-enemy, he was unstoppable. When the next flavour of the month came along, Bane would get drubbed by the KGBeast and the like.

Dr.Volt

Quote from: Jakew on February 12, 2008, 04:40:57 PM
Doomsday has been powered down since his first appearance ... kinda like Bane, when he was Batman's arch-enemy, he was unstoppable. When the next flavour of the month came along, Bane would get drubbed by the KGBeast and the like.

Which is sooooooooooo common in the comics.  If a character is around for any length of time their power levels will often change (increase, decrease, disappear altogether, new powers may be added).  This is the chaotic nature of character histories!

Blitzgott

I think Hulk beats Doomsday. They are both very similar: they have great strength, heal remarkably quickly, are incredibly fast for their size and are tough as uru nails. However, although the fully extents of Doomsday's powers are almost impossible to measure, Hulk's ARE impossible to measure, given most of his powers increase the angrier he is. So, even if Doomsday started the fight as the stronger of the two, Hulk eventually would get so ticked that he'd surpass Doomsday in all respects. Doomsday has that stuff about becoming immune to attacks he is hit with, but, from what I've read, it does not apply to physical damage, and we all know that all Hulk can do is... well... smash. So, yeah, this particular power of Doomsday's would be completely useless against Hulk. There's also that stuff about Doomsday, whenever he is killed, coming back stronger and with some kind of power to exploit his opponent's weaknesses. Well, too bad: Hulk has no exploitable weaknesses (unless Doomsday came back with the ability to revert Hulk to his Banner persona). So, even if Doomsday came back, he'd just be crushed again by Hulk's superior physical attributes.

Well, that's how I see it. Then again, I don't have a great deal of knowledge on the realm of comic books, so my opinion doesn't hold a lot of weight.

bearded

reserruct:  accidental change attribute based on the death of the character, or 1 hp whichever might work, and have him respawn into himself with full health.  this would make it impossible to ko him.
what would make it interesting is if you could respawn him with a custom power based on an opposite power of the hero who took him out.  or maybe just give him the random mutation attribute to simulate it.  with the duration of the mutation being until he is changed again.
how long does it actually take doomsday to incarnate?

Carravaggio

Quote from: Blitzgott on February 13, 2008, 01:59:57 PM
...are incredibly fast for their size...
Well, that's how I see it. Then again, I don't have a great deal of knowledge on the realm of comic books, so my opinion doesn't hold a lot of weight.

I noticed while reading death of Superman again the other day that Superman comments that doomsday is ALMOST as fast as the Flash. No kidding, go check. I imagine that huge difference in speed would have a big effect on the fight. Although Doomsday isn't a tactical fighter like WWH, he woudl be SO much faster.
I always assumed DD was slow, but looks like I was wrong

Dr.Volt

I generally disdain X vs. Y discussions.  But this is interesting.  B/c it happens upon the issue of comic book continuity how closely can the game reflect characters in the comics.  We know that characters and their powers change over time as a normal part of story telling.  Now, I read (and used to own) the death of Superman issue.  But admittedly I haven't read any comics with DD in it since.  Actually the only depiction I've seen is the JL episode with the Justice Lords when DD get's taken out quite quickly when Justice Lord Supes gives DD a heat vision labotomy.  And compare those two depictions they are like night and day.  And if, as someone else pointed out, that a group of supers (WW and others) defeated hordes of DD's well...you have differention in power levels for sure!

WW Hulk is so new that he hasn't experienced variation yet (I'm guessing anyway).  So, he's fairly static.  So the question may be more appropriately....which DD are we to consider?  The one from "Death" or another later, less powerful version? 

From my pov, if WW Hulk were to battle a less powerful DD...then it's Hulk all the way.  BUT, if you have the DD that took out Supes initially, LOOK OUT!  I think you've got a VERY close battle on your hands.  One that would make the whole Earth shake.

Talavar

Just to comment: Hulk's rage/strength increase isn't infinite - we finally saw in World War Hulk that it has an upper limit, when he & Sentry basically fought until they ran out of juice and turned back to normal people.  Doomsday, when he killed Superman, killed a Superman still at a lower power level after the Byrne reboot.  Since that time Superman's power level has ramped up much higher (though still not at Silver Age levels).  For this reason, I wouldn't necessarily consider current versions of Doomsday weaker than his original appearance, but rather that Superman has gotten stronger.