• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Matching Mainstream characters with my VPs

Started by Sledgehammer, September 10, 2007, 02:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgehammer

Well, I decided to open this thread for you to help me. I would like some assistance matching my VPs with some Mainstream (DC/Marvel) characters. Up to now, my work has been easy, because each XML pack was assigned to their respective hero/villain. But now, I've got some heroes with different VAs (Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Iceman...), and maybe you can come up with some suggestions.

First, my packs can be found in my website, which you can access through my sig. There's a topic dedicated to them, but I'm sure you already know that.

* sh_rogue / sh_rogue 2 is my main concern. Probably there isn't any other character like Rogue in Marvel or DC, but we have two Southern Belles. I tried to think of somebody, but my result was a blank list. Husk doesn't like to show her accent, and I don't consider her sassy enough for this.

* sh_storm_2 is another one. I matched it with Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar), and I'm quite comfortable with that. But you may have a better choice. Other options I considered were Cargill (this pack doesn't show enough agressiveness to be Joanna), Sage (I don't know, I can't still find a suitable VP for her), or Shard (could work, but looks like a 2nd string character, and the pack may be too big for that).

* sh_iceman_2 is Multiple Man, I'm happy with that too.

* sh_colossus_2 is Red Guardian for me. Could also be Vanguard, or any Soviet Super-Soldier. Can't think of anybody else, as the other Russian guys relevant enough are villains (Omega Red, Mikhail, Kraven...), and some of them will be covered by my XML villain packs.

Also, DC is something I have never touched in terms of assigning VPs to a certain character. You're all welcome to express your opinions. Possibly Benton can come up with some good ones, as I think he's including some of my VPs in his DC Mod.

Sledgehammer

Quote from: JKCarrier on September 10, 2007, 08:17:44 AM
For the Rogue voicepack, maybe Shooting Star?

Thanks, JKC, of course! That works for me. I'll add Victoria to my site in the near future.

megansunfire

Quote from: Sledgehammer on September 10, 2007, 02:16:53 AM
* sh_storm_2 is another one. I matched it with Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar), and I'm quite comfortable with that. But you may have a better choice. Other options I considered were Cargill (this pack doesn't show enough agressiveness to be Joanna), Sage (I don't know, I can't still find a suitable VP for her)

I think the one thing I've been looking for in a VP for Sage is a woman who sounds like she has very little...I guess I'll say emotion? I also think of her of having a very slight (dare I say) robotic voice. She has always come off as seeming like she could possibly be a cyborg. I don't know why. To me, she just seems like that.

BTW, I love all your VP's Sledgehammer.  :thumbup:

Sledgehammer

These are my recent choices. Opinions and other alternatives will always be welcomed:

* sh_batman - For Marvel fans, I tried to look for heroes with similar traits: basically a troubled past and dark personalities. Daredevil and Moon Knight are the most popular choices, I guess, but they will have MUA packs. The next guy I thought about was Punisher, but he's far more violent than this, at least for me. So, I selected Night Thrasher, even though he's black, because he's quite a Batman copy in many aspects.

* sh_superman - For Marvel, I selected Hyperion, who was created based on Superman. The other choice was Sentry, but this pack doesn't reflect his personal conflicts. Besides that, Captain America may sound like this, but with a MUA pack coming soon, I decided against it. U.S. Agent could be an option if he wasn't so reckless.

Sledgehammer

New assignments:

sh_wonder_woman - Polaris
sh_huntress - She-Hulk
sh_aquaman - Triton

You're free to tell me what you think.

Revenant

I use your Storm_generic voicepack for DC's Vixen, and it fits really well.

Sledgehammer

Quote from: Revenant on September 27, 2007, 02:24:25 PM
I use your Storm_generic voicepack for DC's Vixen, and it fits really well.

Which one do you use? sh_storm (XML II/MUA)? or sh_storm_2 (XML I)?

Revenant

Well I started using the Storm I (generic version) for Vixen, and switched my Storm over to Storm II when that came out.  But I haven't played enough to know which one I like better...

Either way she has a strong and confident voice, and sounds almost Amazonian.  If anyone is as big of a Wonder Woman geek as me, they'd use this voicepack for the Amazon General Phillipus... I plan on using the White Queen generic pack if I ever put together a Queen Hippolyta / Amazons Attack type mod.  She has just the right arrogant / sexy mix.  Too bad I didn't like the actual miniseries though...

Mystik

what vp do you guys use for teenage boys like superboy and impulse