• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

C6 Art - Omega Red!

Started by Courtnall6, August 14, 2007, 06:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtnall6

I'm back from Chicago with some artwork :D

I did a few more but they were commissions...and I forgot to take pics of them. :(

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

GhostMachine

The Pwime

that's plain awesome, c6  :thumbup:

Blkcasanova247

Awesome work Mr. Bowers! :thumbup: Faves are definitley Cap and Spidey!

BatWing

ghost rider looks awsome :thumbup:

deanjo2000

Amazing :thumbup:
Your style really suits spider-man  :D

daglob

Glitch Girl

psychopanda

Awesome work C6! Looks like your artwork is just getting better and better. :)

MJB

Nice stuff Court. I especially like the Wolverine pic. I'm not a fan of the character I just like that you put the rounded claws instead of the blades that others draw. :lol:

-MJB

Uncle Yuan

They're all excellent, C6, but I really like Ghost Rider and Spider-man (and ToyBoy, of course)!

Courtnall6

Thanks guys!

Here's a recent redesign...

[spoiler]

...basically a classic looking Thor with a beard (always loved that look), a new vest, and belt...

...and proper sized helmet wings!

Looking at it now it would probably work better if his wristbands were the same style as his belt....i dunno...

[/spoiler]

Quote from: MJB on August 15, 2007, 10:51:29 AM
Nice stuff Court. I especially like the Wolverine pic. I'm not a fan of the character I just like that you put the rounded claws instead of the blades that others draw. :lol:

-MJB

The blades are all Frank Millers fault.

zuludelta

I agree that he'd probably look better with metal bracers similar to the style of his belt. Actually, since you've already drawn him with what I'm assuming is his Belt of Strength (which he only uses rarely in the comics), why not give him his Iron Gloves as well?

In any event, great Thor, I've always liked the bearded version over the clean-shaven one.

GhostMachine

Quote from: zuludelta on August 16, 2007, 09:18:48 AM
I agree that he'd probably look better with metal bracers similar to the style of his belt. Actually, since you've already drawn him with what I'm assuming is his Belt of Strength (which he only uses rarely in the comics), why not give him his Iron Gloves as well?

In any event, great Thor, I've always liked the bearded version over the clean-shaven one.

There's a discussion about Thor's new look over at Byrne Robotics, and I mentioned that the new outfit would look better if they had given him a smaller helmet (ie, kept it the same design but not made it so big that it casts a shadow over his eyes), done the belt\straps on his waist and torso differently, and had exposed arms with either engraved bracers about as big as Wonder Woman's bracelets during Byrne's run on that title or the iron gauntlets.

I can see why people don't like Thor's new look, but I attribute some of the problems to Copiel's art style; he tends to draw Thor's torso and thighs too bulky and his head too small at times. Its almost like he's channeling Liefeld sometimes.

*edit* Personally, I think Thor only looked good with a beard in the full armor outfit and the outfit he had as ruler of Asgard during the last part of the previous series, but he'd look good with one in the outfit he has now and C6's redesign. "Classic" Thor and the Eric Masterson Thor with the masked helmet looked bad with beards.

style

Reepicheep

Man, these are bloody amazing.

Please, share your secrets!

Zapow

It's pretty cool to sit next to C6 and watch him draw this stuff.

He uses no reference at all. He pulled all those pictures out of his head. :thumbup:

Courtnall6

Added some colour to Spidey :D

Quote from: Reepicheep on August 16, 2007, 09:51:29 AM
Man, these are bloody amazing.

Please, share your secrets!

Practice...and lot's of it. :cool:

Quote from: zuludelta on August 16, 2007, 09:18:48 AM

I thought about using his gloves but I wanted to keep his arms bare. The iron gloves on bare arms just didn't look right to me ( in my head anyway ).

Tortuga

MJB

Quote from: Courtnall6 on August 16, 2007, 09:41:18 PM
Added some colour to Spidey :D

The odds of you picking that picture to color are up there...

You see, my 8 year old son asked me to color that drawing when I showed it to him. I was 60% done when I saw your post. :lol:

-MJB

Mowgli

Great stuff as always C6! I particularly like the Wolverine. It has a lot of attitude, which is perfect for the character. I also like the curved claws. The colors on that Spider-Man are fantastic! That really adds a lot of volume and makes him come right out at you.

Simply fantastic.  :thumbup:

Courtnall6

From the CBR forum...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

GrizzlyBearTalon

Impressive C6, I can see some serious improvement in your art overall. Everything seems to pop a lot more than before. Poses and composition of everything seems more dynamic as well. The Ghost Rider pic at the beginning of this thread really caught my eye, the chain was really well done also.

The only thing I saw that seemed off out of all of it was the most recent colored pic of Moon Knight, once my eye started to drift down past his waist it seems ever slightly off scale. Like a narrowing of the figure as a whole as it goes down the page. That might be the effect you are going for but with him seeming to swing more towards the someone looking at him it would be maybe even slightly larger in scale than slimmer.

I really like the Iron Fist though. I'm also gonna mirror IPS comment in that your faces on characters are becoming more varied and lively. Before I kinda thought all your characters had the same head and very similar facial expressions. Like if Wolverine looked angry it would have far too much similarity to an angry Capt America or Super man, a sort of odd uniformity to all of them. Now with the changes & progression in heads & facial expression I can really tell a difference.

I would really like to be able to fast forward in time and see your work in a year from now or three years. As you always seem to be improving which says a lot about you and your dedication. So many artists seem to reach a point they just stagnate, though others honestly seem to get to a point that they are so developed and have such a style of their own all they can really do is draw & try new things.

Figure Fan

Duuuuuuuude

These are so awesome that I can't even tell you what I like the best. Just..wow..

These are definately some of your best.

BentonGrey

Fantastic work C6!  These are just ridiculously awesome. ^_^

Courtnall6

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Panther_Gunn

ooh, very nice BP, very Byrne-ish feel to it (consider that high praise, just in case you're not sure  :D).

The left foot looks a little awkward to me, but that's far from a professional opinion.  ;)

Courtnall6

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on September 23, 2007, 03:44:08 PM
ooh, very nice BP, very Byrne-ish feel to it (consider that high praise, just in case you're not sure  :D).

The left foot looks a little awkward to me, but that's far from a professional opinion.  ;)

Comparisons to Byrne is of the highest praise to me! :D

I ran out of real estate for the left foot so I had to bend the ankle inward.

style

Your style is very much like his and he's one of my favorite artist thats why I like your art work so much!

Mowgli

Great Panther there C6! I like the dynamic pose and foreshortening.  Not to mention that C6 coloring... I love it!  :thumbup: