• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Back to work, boys and girls ...

Started by AncientSpirit, July 13, 2007, 04:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AncientSpirit

So on June 8th I became unemployed ...  :doh:

And on July 13th I accepted a great new job.   :D  (Who says Friday the 13th is unlucky?)

I must be the world's worst freelancer, though.  Because in those 5 weeks I turned up exactly two freelance copywriting assignments ...one which I did for peanuts during that first week (and still haven't been paid for) ... and the other hasn't even begun even thought it was "offered" to me nearly three weeks ago. :banghead:

However, TWO of the companies that I approached for freelance work decided to offer me jobs instead. And miraculously I walked away with two job offers within 24 hours of each other.  (I used the first to prod the second one along.)

I consider myself extremely fortunate since others in my position have waited for over a year to find a new permanent job ... and even then, they often had to relocate to secure that.

This means that for the next few days I will probably play a LOT of CoH ... without worrying that I should be spending my time looking for clients.   

This experience has led me to one undeniable new truth:  There are NO athiests in a fox hole, in my wife's car (by her own admission, she's a god awful driver that terrifies all passengers) ... or in the unemployment line.

Somebody up there must like me.  :D

Thanks for all the support!   

Oh, and by the way ... Super X Girlfriend just hit 49.   :cool:    So I have not WASTED this momentary lapse in employment. 

Jade Chrysalis

Hey, congratulations!!!  And I can relate.  I earned my paralegal certificate almost a year ago, and just finished my Masters in May, and for a year I've been waiting and waiting and WAITING for the large law firm I've worked at for 8 years to offer me a legal assistant position.  FINALLY, just when I'd given up hope and started looking elsewhere (and not having much luck--all the firms who would want me can't afford me...heh), on Wednesday I was offered a legal assistant position and I started today.  Funny how you go along with no results and then BAM, suddenly it all falls into place!

Good luck with the new job and have fun playing CoH!  =)