• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Levels on :ffvstr:

Started by Failed_Hero, July 02, 2007, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Failed_Hero

with the five attributes of  :ffvstr: would someone please mine give me a character  that is represenative of levels 3 5 8 10 for each attribute Strenght, Speed, Agility, Energy, and Endurance.  I would appreciate the help I am having trouble creating characters that are balanced so these guidelines would be a tremendous help.  Thanks

Lunarman

Nice idea: This should probably go in hero files though. Sadly I don't know much about hero files so I can't help ;)

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Failed_Hero on July 02, 2007, 05:59:54 PM
with the five attributes of  :ffvstr: would someone please mine give me a character  that is represenative of levels 3 5 8 10 for each attribute Strenght, Speed, Agility, Energy, and Endurance.  I would appreciate the help I am having trouble creating characters that are balanced so these guidelines would be a tremendous help.  Thanks

You'll find that most people's view on hero files is subjective to each individual.  The best advice I could give would be for you to think about what would be the baseline (normal human) for each (usually in the 3 range), and who you want to represent at the top end of the scale.  It can also be useful looking up the various old Marvel Superheroes game stats for different characters, to make an attempt to balance characters with each other.  Some of those stats can translate over almost directly, others take a little bit of work. 

For me, I made Superman my top level in Str, and only other Kryptonians, Daxamites, a certain Martian, Thor, and Hulk have that level.  Flash was an obvious choice for top Speed, with Kid Flash being the only other one (I don't have *too* many speedsters).  For Endurance, I think I only gave Juggernaut & Hulk a 10.  Energy, I think only Dark Phoenix is the top.  I think the only 10 in Agility I gave was Atom, and Shrinking Violet, due to their small size and size changing abilities (just to help simulate how hard it is to hit someone that small).

You'll note, that other than Phoenix, and maybe Superman-types, there's no Cosmic level beings.  If I had Silver Surfer, I'd probably give him 10 Energy.  Any of the other, more powerful types, and I'd have to re-skew the entire scale.  That being said, when I look at MSH stats, I generally drop endurance & strength levels for most female characters by 1, unless there's a reason not to (such as Elektra, who's had intense training), while doing the same for males & Agility (with, again, either training or powers as an exception).  I think the only person I ever gave a 1 Str to was the White Witch, while there's some weaker males with a 2.

Once you figure out what you want your scale to be, things will start to fall into place.  It's all about how you think some people stack up against others, and looking at some *consistent* examples of stats.

wickerman

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 03, 2007, 07:05:33 PM
That being said, when I look at MSH stats, I generally drop endurance & strength levels for most female characters by 1, unless there's a reason not to (such as Elektra, who's had intense training), while doing the same for males & Agility (with, again, either training or powers as an exception).  I think the only person I ever gave a 1 Str to was the White Witch, while there's some weaker males with a 2.

That's interesting - I find that to be true, but mostly I seem to find everyone has the same agility.  Seriously, there is  not a single X-Man with less than Olympic level agility.