• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Justice League Heroes voicepack in Mugen games.. WW voice files

Started by Revenant, July 01, 2007, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revenant

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=mhsanchez&p=r&page=3
The fights with Wonder Woman in them definitely feature the character using the voice from JLH.  I can't tell if they used JLH voices for other characters..  If they could 'port the sound files over to PC somehow, I wonder if they'd share the knowledge of how it's done?  I tried the DC Marvel Mugen pages, but it seems they are down for maintenance.

Revenant

Here's an update.. I found a link to a bunch of DC Mugen characters.  Downloaded Fighter Factory.. Opened the WW character and extracted the wav sound files.  Now just gotta convert to MP3 format. 

The WW files were already altered to make a voice pack appropriate to that Mugen game, so not all sound files from the JLH game were present.   :mellow:  There are plenty of sounds for hits and misses, verbal challenges ("This one's mine!"  "Prepare to pay for your crimes!"  "Warrior's Heart!"  "You fight like an Amazon!") clanging bracelet sounds, lasso sounds, and some Wondy catchphrases ("Now where did I park the invisible jet?" "You know the power of my magic lasso." "Hera... give me strength!"  "Stronger than ever!")

Going into the rest of the characters to see if any other JLH sound files are there...

Carravaggio

nice work, Rev, DC heroes often get neglected when it comes to voicepacks, simply cos there is not as much material out there of them. this stuff will be a big help to completing our 'collections'.

Revenant

Well, the only character that had any JLH samples was Wonder Woman after all.  I've been running into trouble converting the WAV files into MP3s.  I keep getting an awful scratching effect.  I've been using a freeware converter.  I tried Audacity but I couldn't find the LAME directory that you need to export as an MP3.

Superman had some pretty good voice acting, but not enough IMO for a Freedom Force pack.  Batman's was ok, but they aren't as good as the existing Freedom Force VPs.

Revenant

Okay, finally managed to convert the WAVs.  I only did the ones that could be used for a FF voicepack.  I left out the more Capcom sounding attack files (I suspect that they pooled some other voices into the set). 

Here is a link to the Wonder Woman MP3 files.  When i get some free time, I'll compile them into a voicepack.  I might throw in a few of Eve's lines, with a slightly lower pitch to match Wondy's voice tone.  Anybody who is more proficient in voicepack making, feel free to check them out!

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=0fc24bca0da29f07b17f7cc90b7a4038

021 Defend 1
026 Defend 2
027 Defend 3
028 Defend 4
029 Defend 5
043 Attack 1
044 Attack 2
048 Attack 3
049 Attack 4
051 Pain 1
052 Pain 2
053 Pain 3
054 Major Pain 1
069 TiaraFX_1
070 TiaraFX_2
071 TiaraFX_3
074 Defend 1  ("Warrior's Heart!")
075 Heroic 1  ("Warrior's Heart!")
077 Recovery 1 /Respond 1 ("You know the power of my magic lasso.")
078 Overpower 1 ("It's time to get serious.")
079 Overpower 2 ("Hera, give me strength!") has an echo effect
081 Alert 1  ("Incoming!")
087 Defend 2  ("Cover Me!")
091 Hypnosis 1/ Panic 1  ("Gods, protect me!")
092 Can't Interrogate, maybe?  ("No one bound by it can tell a lie.")
093 Select 1 ("Let's move.")
094 Respond 2 ("Prepare to pay for your crimes.")
095 Respond 3 / Recovery 2 or Attack 5 ("Victory will be mine!")
097 Major Pain 2 / Knock out 1  ("An Amazon never surrenders.")
098 Recovery 2 / Heroic / Heal  ("I'm stronger than ever!")
099 Frustration / Mental Blank  ("Now where did I park the invisible jet?")
100 Attack 6  ("Strength is nothing against skill.")
101 Select 2 ("With strength and purpose.")
102 Defend 3  ("You fight like an Amazon!")
103 Pain 4  ("Hera.")
104 Knock out 2  ("Hera!!")
105 Alert 3  ("I've got this one.")

BentonGrey

Cool stuff Rev, shame they didn't have any more voices though, I would kill to get my hands on the Hal Jordan voice.

Revenant

It's good to know that somebody out there has been able to dub those voices.  There is hope of getting them after all!

Revenant

Hey all, here's an update on the JLH voices front.

I recently got in contact with Loganir, who makes Mugen characters including the Wonder Woman.  He offered some help getting voice and sound files from that game.  Here's part of his email to me:

I've played some FF mods in the past
but really dont know what's happening on the scene lately.

Sure man, you guys can use the WW voices from her snd file =)
I think It will be nice when you release the voicepack
putting some credits in a Readme file.

The voices, like you alredy know its from JLH game...
they are riped with PSound&Cubemedia(in-game)
and Rad VideoTools(movie ones)

But let me advice you some voices  and effects aren't from that game.
I've remixed some Soul Calibur3 (Sophitia  lines) with pitch tuning to match the others
Plus the attack & pain voices are ripped from a female character
from the japanese version SC3.

The bracelet sounds & lasso effects I've rip from Lord of the Rings game,
some trouble to find those cool ones.
Its a great source for sound effects to FF packs too.

And theres some sound FX I didnt rip from JLH myself,
so I received some assistence from my friend Anubis from DCvM forum.
Those TiaraFX for example.

Plus a tip..... if you guys want more DC characters voice packs,
I suggest trying enter in contact with Anubis. He's a nice guy.
Actually he have some great stuff alredy ripped from JLH.
Could be useful for Freedom Force scene.

The search continues!...

The last time I checked, the DCvM forum was down for maintenance.  I'll be looking periodically.

I currently don't have internet at my new apartment, nor my copy of JLH so if anyone would like to take a stab at getting those files, I'm sure you'd have a bunch of happy campers here..

Revenant

Bump.... I thought everybody was as excited about this as I am!?!

BentonGrey

Hey Rev, you know I am, I've just been keeping an eye on this.  Sorry I haven't posted, but I'm really hoping we can get some voices out of this that will fill in some of the gaps I had to leave in my own voicepacks!

Manfred

Great detective work, Revenant!

Yet another great resource for FF

Sledgehammer

Fantastic discovery, Rev! I'll check this out in the near future, once I reorganize my VP stuff!

Revenant

Hey Sledgehammer!  I must have been messing up something simple in the conversion process.  I got the files converted to mp3 format but FF didn't like them and wouldn't play them.  Maybe with your expertise you can forge some good VP's.

I'm looking forward to te Aquaman, Green lantern, Zatanna, Huntress and Hawkgirl Voices... heck, ALL of em!  I only played the XBox version so I don't know what Black Canary or Supergirl sound like (Grrrr... PSP exclusives....)

Oh yeah... It'll be cool to get a Darkseid voicepack outta this game too! 

Sledgehammer

Finally, some news regarding the matter:

The good thing is that I managed to extract the sound files. From Aquaman to Zatanna, all heroes have enough lines to create quite extensive voicepacks. And, of course, plenty of generic material out of these packs will be available too.

But I was disappointed when I saw that the bad guys only have 4 or 5 lines during the whole game. Heck, Brainiac speaks more frequently during cutscenes than during gameplay. That means, it's impossible to create VPs for villains. To put you in perspective, my VPs usually contain 70 lines, approximately. A minor VP has around 40. Darkseid has 3 phrases during the whole game.

Nevertheless, here's a bonus. And a pleasant one, if you ask me: Black Canary and Supergirl are available in the PC files! So, expect 14 packs out of this game (Aquaman, Batman, Black Canary, Flash, Green Arrow, GL Hal Jordan/Kyle Rayner, GL John Stewart, Hawkgirl, Huntress, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Superman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna). Not too shabby, I must say.

BentonGrey

Hurray!  Hal, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Zatana!  Woo-Hoo!  Ha, great news man!  Don't worry too much about the villains, it's actually MUCH easier to find voicepacks for the villains in the JLU episodes than the heroes, so I've got most of them covered.  However, Darkseid is a problem...I'll have to put some extra effort into getting some samples of him after I get some time.

Revenant

Woo HOO!!! that sounds great.. beyond great!  Thats AWESOME!!  And Black Canary and Supergirl too? Sweet!  I never got to play as them (I only have XBox)

I agree about the villains, they don't have many VP lines in the game that I can remember.  They talk in the cutscenes, but usually  they give lines that further the plot.  Also, the in-fight lines usually have something to do with the battle at hand, and are probably not useful as a generic personality.

We have some good voicepacks for villains (male_very_evil, etc.)

crimsonquill

Quote from: Sledgehammer on August 28, 2007, 09:11:05 AM
Finally, some news regarding the matter:

The good thing is that I managed to extract the sound files. From Aquaman to Zatanna, all heroes have enough lines to create quite extensive voicepacks. And, of course, plenty of generic material out of these packs will be available too.

Nevertheless, here's a bonus. And a pleasant one, if you ask me: Black Canary and Supergirl are available in the PC files! So, expect 14 packs out of this game (Aquaman, Batman, Black Canary, Flash, Green Arrow, GL Hal Jordan/Kyle Rayner, GL John Stewart, Hawkgirl, Huntress, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, Superman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna). Not too shabby, I must say.

Fantastic news! I was hoping that your methods of cracking XML1 would help access the voices in Justice League Heroes. 14 new voices (28 if you can get generic voices out of them) are very welcome additions to a future VPMAX update plus all of BentonGrey's DC animated voices added as well. It looks like my v1.4 pack is very Marvel focused at the rate I'm adding to this version... so it suitable that DC would get it's own dedicated update.

- CrimsonQuill

Revenant

I like that in JLH, when you do a certain ranged attack as Zatanna, she speaks the spell backwards.  Would that be better as an FX sound rather than a voicepack sound?  I guess then, you'd have to make your Zatanna hero file match the version from the game...

Mystik

currently I'm working on some jla fx, so if you have any useful sounds that would be cool also

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Revenant on August 28, 2007, 03:04:11 PM
I like that in JLH, when you do a certain ranged attack as Zatanna, she speaks the spell backwards.  Would that be better as an FX sound rather than a voicepack sound?  I guess then, you'd have to make your Zatanna hero file match the version from the game...

If you wanted the spell to match the effects, then it would be better off as an FX sound.  If you don't care, and it's fine as random, then it could be left in the VP.  It's a little more work to set up specific Zatana FX with the spoken spell than just leaving it in the VP, but not exactly difficult or insurmountable.

Revenant

Yeah I had my (non-working) Wonder Woman JLH voicepack set up so that the Dodge sound effects would actually be the bracelet clang! sound from the game.  So it would sync up with the character's dodge animation

Sledgehammer

Quote from: Revenant on August 28, 2007, 03:04:11 PM

It could be done. The only problem I see with this is that Zatanna will speak twice: once because of the FX sound, and once because she is attacking (so she will use any of the attack lines). If you are okay with it, then it's fine.

What I was thinking is adding the line she has for HEAL, so anytime she's healing a teammate, she'll say "leah!". It'll work as a FX sound, really, as she'll only have one line for that action. Then, the others could work as generic attacks, as you can barely understand what she says.

I'm guessing I'll release her VP with her backwards phrases included, a Zatanna version without them, and a generic version without any Zatanna references at all...

Revenant

Oh I forgot to mention.  Yay!! a Huntress Voicepack

The Flash has some hilarious lines.  John Stewart and Hal Jordan!!  Can't wait  :D

Sledgehammer

Quote from: Revenant on August 30, 2007, 06:17:16 PM
Oh I forgot to mention.  Yay!! a Huntress Voicepack

The Flash has some hilarious lines.  John Stewart and Hal Jordan!!  Can't wait  :D

Well then, I'm going to inform you that in the next couple of weeks, you may start having some news regarding this, if you catch my drift...  :P