• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Are there no vxfemale meshes with capes, or am I missing something?

Started by daglob, June 13, 2007, 06:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

The ones I have do not seem to come with capes. And the extras indexes-that's a guide, right?

Revenant

I don't think Vertex made any female meshes with capes (or wings :mellow: ) yet 

Peerless1

Still, I am sure it would be a simple matter to skope a cape from one of the vxMale to the vxFemale mesh --which 1 would you like it on?

daglob

I don't know yet. I was playing around with the idea of doing skins of some of the costumes Lois Lane has used when she had super powers, as well as the Superwoman from Action 289. I was going to look throught the vxfemale meshes, check out the wigs, and see if there were any that resembled a 1940s and  1950s Lois, or one that could be passed off as an adult Supergirl (whom the Superwoman from Action 289 resembled).  Then I noticed there were no capes in evidence.
Out of the illustrations on the NPI site, vxfemale heels shirt comes closest to looking like a 1940s Lois, and might would do for an adult Supergirl. None of them REALLY look like a 1950s Lois Lane, but I haven't looked at the wigs yet.

One problem I hadn't considered yet either, is all the super costumes Lois used seem to have had skirts. One I've never seen in color (only a b&w reprint) had a full, pleated (or something) skirt, tights, scoop neck, bare arms, and gloves (ala Capt. America). I can't find the pic I saw of her in a duplicate Supergirl outfit, only with a red skirt (like Supergirl on the cover of Action 262-okay so I got a collection of Action covers), and then there is the green and yellow outfit from Action 274-all with skirts. I dunno, maybe it was considered more lady-like (so Wonder Woman and Black Canary ain't no ladies?).

Peerless1

Well, I have the skirt thing covered with vxMaryMarvelBlack.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

So I will work on a caped version, and once the pieces work on one, they are rather easy to transfer to another vxFemale mesh.  So, perhaps I will just do them all (eventually).  I will try to get vxFemale heels in a skirt and cape soonest.   ;)  And maybe I can pull a wig-swap for a 40's looking Lois...

Klauser

Quote from: Peerless1 on June 16, 2007, 07:24:08 AM
Well, I have the skirt thing covered with vxMaryMarvelBlack.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
So I will work on a caped version, and once the pieces work on one, they are rather easy to transfer to another vxFemale mesh.  So, perhaps I will just do them all (eventually).  I will try to get vxFemale heels in a skirt and cape soonest.   ;)  And maybe I can pull a wig-swap for a 40's looking Lois...

As long as you can still give us a vxMaryMarvelBlack with a cape and the existing hair, I LOVE the idea.

I also like the idea of skins of those Lois Lane super costumes from the Silver Era!!

Peerless1

daglob

I figured, what the hey, and typed "Lois Lane"+"super powers" into Google, and it led me here:

http://www.supermanartists.comics.org/superwhoswho/SuperLois.html

... with pictures of nearly every super-suit Lois ever wore (Mile High Comics, which I'm sure never intended their catalogue for research, has a few more, although most are variations on Superman's suit).

The home page accessible from this page is a list of most of the major characters in the Superman series. Gotta go back there...

Podmark

Quote from: daglob on June 16, 2007, 09:46:17 AM
(Mile High Comics, which I'm sure never intended their catalogue for research, ...).

Hah then they are fools I use they're site all the time for skin reference!   :P

daglob

Quote from: Podmark on June 16, 2007, 01:18:02 PM
Quote from: daglob on June 16, 2007, 09:46:17 AM
(Mile High Comics, which I'm sure never intended their catalogue for research, ...).

Hah then they are fools I use they're site all the time for skin reference!   :P

I've recommended it to many people. The search engine is very good, the server is fairly fast. The only problem is one of color: sometimes the scans are a little washed out. There is an Atlas Comics Phoenix skin out there that I am pretty sure was researched at MHC, because the scan they have is too light, and the costume on the skin is also. I know this because it doesn't match my copy of the comic.

Ebay is another source for research. It is a little hit and miss, though.

daglob

I put an image of Superwoman from Action 289 in the "skins" forum. Wasn't sure here would be the correct place for it.

Peerless1

Check out my latest post in the releases...you may be interested, sir.  If you need some other stuff, let me know.  If you can tell me what meshes have hairstyles you need and what not, it will now be quite simple for me to tweak this for a variety of Super Loises (or would that be Loii?).  Hope it works for your project.
Ah heck, here's the pic just 'cause I'm feeling ... well ...hungover...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
And yes, it's all 1 mesh.