• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Blargh I need help

Started by Podmark, June 10, 2007, 11:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

I'm trying to put things brows from Tommy's lizard mesh onto a male heavy mesh, and I just can't position them correctly. Anyone got any tips or want to take a crack at it? It's driving me insane.

tommyboy

The Abomination_tv might be a better source, or maybe the Thing_tv, or I think there are some brows in the male_heavy versatile (ie blood brothers_tv).
Maybe try them?

Podmark

That might help Tom, I'll give it a shot. It might not though, the problem stems from how nifskope is allowing me to manipulate them, it's very awkward.

vamp

Can you elaborate on your problem? If you cant find the words(happens to me frequently) then maybe a screen shot.   

tommyboy

I think it worth a mention that in addition to moving from a male_basic sized mesh to a male_heavy one, I did substantially alter the shape of the lizards head, so I'm not too surprised his "brow" doesnt quite fit right.
The blood_brothers_thv  one should though.. 

Podmark

I liked the lizard brow, worked well for what I was doing. Haven't checked the others yet.

The problem had to do with the edit command and changing the xyz and rotation values. It was extremely difficult to position things where I needed them. Like trying to move the piece up or down would also move it on a diagonal axis as well making it very frustrating to position. The rotation problem stemmed from difficulty getting the proper rotaton I wanted.

Alphanaut

Where are you sticking the brow? I've found that if you attach it to the handle node as opposed to a  specific bone, it usually come out the way it should, no rotation needed.

Podmark

Intriguing, I've never tried that. Yeah I'm trying to place it on the head bone. So you mean paste it just the handle node? I'll have to try that...

tommyboy

I ALWAYS paste parts from my own meshes to the root.
The always end up in the right place (assuming I want them in their original place).

Podmark

Well thats the kicker, I need them in different spots, lol.