• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

What's the weirdest match you ever played?

Started by bredon7777, June 02, 2007, 12:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bredon7777

Hey gang-

Just finished this and had to tell someone.  So I'm duling Norman Osborn and its a nailbiter, but on one of the last turns he manages to get my health to -8.  So I figure I'm toast.

Well apparently even if youre toast, you still get to get your last licks in.  So I attack and get his health down to ..you guess it -8!  So I figure, NOW I'm toast.

Nope. Since we're tied, we keep going, it seems. And this time, _I_ get the combat initative.

Which is how I won a match -16 helath to -43 health.

Anyone else got stories like that?

captainspud

I played a three-player game with Gday and Dice Monkey for a pot of 15 awful, awful rares, and neither of them hit me all game. Meanwhile, I was gaining endurance like mad. I won with 76 endurance.

gdaybloke

Yup. We're talking the live game, not the DS version though.

In another game, just Spud and I as I recall, we went into matched negatives on about turn 7... then matched again in turn 8... then matched again in turn 9.

Tortuga

The first game I played with my brother (after Gday had so lovingly introduced me to VS) was all over the place...frequent pauses and lulls as we attempted to figure things out.  After about 45 minutes, the game obviously wasn't working the way it ought to so we decided we'd restart.  We knew what we were doing by then.

Or so we thought.  We set up, and within the first round we already had no idea what to do.

After playing several games, and some more info from Gday, we pretty much know what we're doing with the basic stuff.

gdaybloke

... and I'm still waiting for you to download and instal OCTGN so we can play online for free ;)
NB: May require you to sign up for the VSRealms forums and make a couple of posts...

The guys at this facebook group are also looking to set up some online play, and have some download links in their discussion forums.