• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Confused about fx need help

Started by SingleMalt, May 26, 2007, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SingleMalt

I am trying to give a fx called fx_lightning bolt a sound effect. The fx is a projectile and it looks nice but with no sound it's not so fun to use. The problem is that it is not even listed in FFEdit. I scroll down the fx list and it's not even there. How can this be, it is in the list ingame when I go to select a fx? I can't give it a sound effect if I can't even find it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Previsionary

1) fx names can be changed by using the lang files...so what you see in game isnt always what the name is in ffedit.

2) You're probably looking at the wrong fx.dat data. FX do not carry over from mod to mod.

Your problem sounds like it's related to issue 2. Make sure you're looking at the correct data.

SingleMalt

I figured out how to give it a sound effect but now have a new challenge. I found a folder named sounds and in that a folder named powers and in that a bunch of excellent sound effects in wave format. This is all in my ffx3 folder. My question is how do I get these converted to the sound dat file so I can use them in the game?