• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FFX 3.2 gold released!

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, May 04, 2007, 07:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Epimethee's already announced this in the bug thread and elsewhere, but I think it won't get as much attention there, so I've put up it's own thread, for the purposes of announcing, discussion, and celebrating the latest FFX.  You are also welcome to sign away your souls to be slaves of catkind forever.  That is optional, of course, but would make our inevitable conquest of the world much less painful.

Anyways, back to FFX 3.2, you can find it at the new official site, which can be found here.

BentonGrey

Hooray!  I've been waiting for this with baited breath, Cat.  Thank you and the team so very much!  This community would be a darn sight worse off without all of you.

Blitzgott

W00t! This made my day!

Thanks and congratulations to the marvelous team behind this project!

M25

Lunarman

BentonGrey

Hey guys, I'm just curious about what all I need to do to merge my mod with the new version of FFX.  I've already merged all the .dat files, and that seems to have worked fine, but what about the .py files in Missions/Scripts?  I've taken care of my .strings and attributes, but do I need to do port over anything else?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Umm...YES!

If you want all the functionalities of FFX 3.2, you'll need EVERYTHING in this folder.

BentonGrey

Well, I don't think I'm being as clear as I need to be. ^_^  What I mean is, I installed the FFX after backing up my old copy.  Then I merged all the dats, replaced the new ones with the new composite versions, etc.  What I'm asking is, which python files do I need to copy over, have some of them been changed so radically that I just need to locate whatever is specific to my mod in the old versions and then copy and paste?  That's the type of thing I mean.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's still best to move them all over.  Even if you're using the public beta, I think the customization files have been a bit cleaned up and re-organized.  I could be wrong on that, and the differences are fairly minor.

I mean if you want to look at the file dates and figure out every single on that's been changed, that's your problem.

BentonGrey

Well Cat, that was more or less what I was shooting at.  I didn't want to port my stuff over and break anything.  So, if I just copy and paste the python files, all should be well?  Then I'm all set, thanks!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes, porting over individual python files should not break anything, so long as we're talking about going from the beta to the gold.  The individual changes are quite small, so even selectively moving certain files shouldn't break anything.

GogglesPizanno

Awesome. I am excited to get this installed.
Thanks to everyone involved for putting so much effort into this....

I think an additional big thank you needs to go out to those who worked on the new manual.
I just took a few minutes to glance through it and it has been cleaned up and and organized so nicely.

Kudos to everyone!

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteI think an additional big thank you needs to go out to those who worked on the new manual.

That would be Epimethee.  Quite a few people helped write the content, but he reorganized a lot of it and gave it and the website its new look.

N-Lightner

I have a question. If I already have FFX 3.2 Public Beta, do I honestly need to download the Gold version?

N

Volsung

What you guys doing is amazing.You're forging ahead this game beyond imagination :thumbup:

(After the praise the question^^:Does the vehicule/driver attribute works? A crazed toy maker of my acquaintance could truly need it)

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteI have a question. If I already have FFX 3.2 Public Beta, do I honestly need to download the Gold version?

Yes.  There are a few minor issues, and one or two late-found game-breaking ones, that are fixed by the gold release.

Arilou Laleelay

I know I am a newbie to the community and I am amazed at the dedication and hard work all you guys put into mods,skins and meshes.

Thank you very VERY much for this great mod; it is so much fun.

USAgent

Awsome!  thanks to the entire team for all the hard work they put into this.

I do have one question though.   I have seem to have lost all my custom character customization that were done in the control centre. That is none of my hero files have any state swaps anymore, all my summoner characters have resorted back to the default summoned objects (turret,tank,robot), and none of my shapeshifter forms are there anymore.  So all the customization that is done in the control centre is default or blank.   I know I have had this problem before (probably the last time I downloaded the latest FFX) and there was a simple solution for it, I think it had something to do with the control centre itself or a text file.

When i installed this latest FFX3.2 I installed and merged the folders and dats files one at a time instead of installing the entire thing over the older version because I have a lot of other customization I was afraid of loosing.

EDIT:  never mind I found it, the "FFXcustom.py file"

laughing paradox

USAgent, I'm sure someone else can either confirm or deny this, but I believe the way to keep all the Control Centre customizations is to use the export/import file functions on the actual Freedom Force Centre.

HumanTon

Thanks to everyone involved with FFX. It can do some truly amazing things! I can't wait to get to work with it.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteUSAgent, I'm sure someone else can either confirm or deny this, but I believe the way to keep all the Control Centre customizations is to use the export/import file functions on the actual Freedom Force Centre.

Well that could work for customs. Export before the update and import again.

Epimethee

USAgent, your existing customisations should be in ffxcustom.py.old; to import them in 3.2, you can either delete ffxucstom.py and copy ffxcustom.py.old to ffxcustom.py, but it'll probably cause problem, as we had to change some default entries in ffxcustom.py to fix bugs. The best would be to use the convertffxcustomdata command from the game console (cf. manual, under "Tools: FFX Custom Data Converter").

Volsung

I was so amazed by the ezscript possibilities that I didn' realised that...
Any custom attributes does not work  :mellow:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes, but did you try to merge with previous versions?  Doing so incorrectly can cause this problem.

USAgent

Yes I did merge a number of things (mostly the Dat files), but the fix that Epimethee posted corrected everything for me.

Thanks for the help guys!

M25

Quote from: Volsung on May 05, 2007, 01:20:32 PM
I was so amazed by the ezscript possibilities that I didn' realised that...
Any custom attributes does not work  :mellow:

You're probably having the same issue as USAgent.  Check Epimethee's post for a solution.

Volsung

Fixed^^ The absorb powers are amazing!

lugaru

Havent installed yet but expect some great comments as soon as I do.. wow, cant wait!

The Phantom Eyebrow

Just downloaded it now!  Congrats and a hearty thanks to all involved!  :thumbup:

electro

Strange thing happened - I was watching some rumble room matches when about the 5th match or so fired up all of a sudden my character won't move anymore - restarted comp nothing happens - i could reinstall of course but since this has happened once before i would like to know of a faster simpler fix for this thanks :blink: