• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Zulu's art

Started by zuludelta, April 27, 2007, 06:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

zuludelta

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them. I can see how turning his distinctive mask into a hood might not be to many people's liking, I was attempting to make him look more like a boxer/martial artist-type; the costume was influenced in equal parts by a character I saw in Naruto (don't ask me which one, I don't really follow the cartoon or the manga) and DC's Wildcat. I admit there's a missing element of coherence in there, like it was just thrown together, and I might re-visit the image sometime in the future and see if I can improve on it.

detourne_me

I was just thinking that he looked like a martial artist training with the hood/cowl.
i like it,  its kinda like hourman's in a way.  and having the hood down with wolvie pulling it on is a pretty cool visual too (in my imagination).
I'm not really a fan of the gloves though.
I'd keep the backs closed if you want the rolled cuffs.  but for open backs,  i'd give him more of a weight-trainer type glove, with maybe a strap instead of a rolled cuff.
Hand wraps wouldn't really be out of place either.   but that would just add to the Wildcat vibe though.

oh, and maybe some brown seams on the pants, just to seperate the colour a little.  i like how you've got the yellow seams around the arm holes.

ps. whats wrong with hoodies?  they've been a fashion staple my whole life! i remember when i used to call it a kangaroo pouch in the front, heh heh.

Intensity

!!!  I love the Wolverine Hoodie idea-  it looks great!

:)

zuludelta

Some teaser pics from my work on Seniority:

Page 2, panels 3 and 4:

Page 3 , panel 2 (still working on this one):

Page 4, panel 1:

GGiant

MJB

I'm confused by the first two panels. The shape of the staff is dramatically different in the second one. I assume that not being able to read the dialog that goes with them I may be at a disadvantage, heh.

The other panels look great. It's cool to see how your recent style is translating to a more traditional comic format.

-MJB

Tortuga

Hey! Even I hadn't seen that Page 4, Panel 1 shot until now!  Am I now among the teased?  :P

I love the angle on that pic, Zulu.

MJB, Magnate's sceptre is essentially an energy weapon, it's not explained in the captions at that point.  The bulb becomes energy, which will be more evident in other parts of the story.

zuludelta

Quote from: Tortuga on November 01, 2007, 08:20:36 PM
Hey! Even I hadn't seen that Page 4, Panel 1 shot until now!  Am I now among the teased?  :P

Don't worry, I'll have the full pages in soon  :)

zuludelta

Unused design for a project (Photoshop colours over my pencils):

MJB

zuludelta

Glad you like it Meej.

Here's a quick self-portrait-y thing:

zuludelta

Joel Kleine's Magnate:

captainspud

Very cool. :)

But please call him Tortuga, real names creep me out. ;)

Figure Fan

Very cool! I would love to see a mag full of this art.

Tortuga

I'm lovin' seeing Magnate in action.  He looks ticked off and heroic all at once!
Quote from: captainspud on December 23, 2007, 02:17:34 PM

You don't want to know how many times I nearly called you "Captain Spud" in the referal phone interview.

style

I can't wait to see this comic in hand :thumbup:!

bat1987

Love the art, very unique style.

UnkoMan

I've got to agree. This is looking really awesome.

Not to mention, that's a sweet costume design. I'm excited to read this.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: captainspud on December 23, 2007, 02:17:34 PM

you don't have a problem using my real name

captainspud

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on December 27, 2007, 10:25:00 PM
you don't have a problem using my real name
Actually, I do. It would've been easier if you'd just stuck with Whiskey Saint.

zuludelta

A little Daredevil... might eventually add Elektra and/or Black Widow to the piece when I find the time, but for now it's just an excuse to draw a superhero posed in a traditional eskrima/kali stance:

MJB

Nice pic Zulu, but I got to say DD's left hand is a bit hard to read.

-MJB

zuludelta

I see what you mean, it sort of blends too well into his body. This better?

MJB

zuludelta

Added Elektra:

Maybe I'll add Black Widow, or even Typhoid Mary eventually.

zuludelta

YoungHeros

You are without a doubt one of my favorite artist!

It's people like you who has inspired me to draw(Or learn to draw) :)

zuludelta

Thanks YH, very flattering comments (keep 'em coming  :lol:).

Anyways, I liked how Typhoid Mary turned out so much I decided to make a wallpaper out of the image (in 1024 x 768 resolution).

bat1987

Man I would so buy your comic!

zuludelta

<--- this is me getting in on the Capcom sprite avatar fad  :lol:

EDIT:

Another sprite av loosely based on my old avatar skin:

|