• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

5/7/2007- Jubilee Voicepack!!!

Started by Intensity, April 21, 2007, 02:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intensity

Hey Everyone!

I just downloaded a free .wav converter, and it works wonders.

I saved a ton of movie files from Generation X(the Marvel Movie,) and a couple of short clips from the X-Men animated series.

Anyways, here is what you can expect shortly:
Jubilee- X-Men Animated Series(more girly, with references to shooting bad guys.)
Jubilee- Generation X(older, more punk with references to fireworks and mutants and her name, screams, attack noises, put downs, teen angst and all.)

also, I used a utility in the wav converter, so that the background music and noises are all gone and just Jubilee is talking... near perfect voice packs...

I may also get to working on-
Emma Frost
Banshee
Mondo
Monet St. Croix
Skin

just thought I'd give you some heads up.

Kev

Intensity

Also!!!

I just found out I can record sounds with the wav program from videos on my digital camera... and I can edit the voices and everything...

so, look forward to an INTENSITY voicepack, and possible others such as male_martialartist and if I can edit the pitch of my voice, some more brute like and also female characters.

:D

cmdrkoenig67

Very nice, Kev.  New voicepacks are always useful...If you could let me know the voice IDs when you make the VPs, I'll gladly add them to my ID list.

Thanks.

Dana :D

crimsonquill

Quote from: Intensity on April 21, 2007, 02:56:26 PM
I just downloaded a free .wav converter, and it works wonders.

also, I used a utility in the wav converter, so that the background music and noises are all gone and just Jubilee is talking... near perfect voice packs...

What .wav program did you download and utility did you use for zapping out the background stuff?... I need a good one to start over on my X-MEN TAS stuff eventually and it might be useful for getting voice clips from my Justice League Heroes PS2 game.

Thanks.

- CrimsonQuill

BentonGrey

CQ....PSST!  Hal!

Haha, seriously, if you get the chance, that's a gaping hole in my Justice League voice packs.

Intensity

its called goldwave, CrimsonQuill... its really useful, especially as a free version.

anyways-  last night I completed the Jubilee Generation X voicepack from the movie files and loaded it into my freedom force game.  The big problem is that the only sounds that play are the character select sounds-  "I'm Jubilee," "I don't know what its called, but fireworks shoot out of my fingertips," "I'm a mutant."

all of the action and pain and hypnosis and every other sounds do not work for some reason in-game... even though the wav files are working properly and I double checked the sripts and speech files and such.
Do you guys have any suggestions?

Kev

crimsonquill

Quote from: Intensity on April 22, 2007, 10:15:38 AM
its called goldwave, CrimsonQuill... its really useful, especially as a free version.

anyways-  last night I completed the Jubilee Generation X voicepack from the movie files and loaded it into my freedom force game.  The big problem is that the only sounds that play are the character select sounds-  "I'm Jubilee," "I don't know what its called, but fireworks shoot out of my fingertips," "I'm a mutant."

all of the action and pain and hypnosis and every other sounds do not work for some reason in-game... even though the wav files are working properly and I double checked the sripts and speech files and such.
Do you guys have any suggestions?

Kev

Goldwave, eh? I used that before way back... guess I need to download the newest version and check out those utilities. I'll bug you if I get stuck somewhere.

As for the non-select voices not working in game...I'd have to guess that the file size is too big for it to play completely or it's not being recognized. Sledge gave me a few notes on making mp3 for FF - like the sound frequency and bit size that matched those that Irrational used for their packs. I'll have to dig my stuff up later tonight.

- CrimsonQuill

Intensity

so after some time messing around with the faulty voicepack... I found out why only certain files work.

When I open them up in goldwave, some of the files have both red and green sound bars if that makes sense... while the working ones only have the green bars.
The working sound files come from videos that I can record from my camera as well as ones of videos that are of better quality online.

So- I have a Jubilee Generation X voicepack with about seven working sounds as compared to about twenty... same goes for the Animated series one.

anyways, now that I have found out the problem, I can more easily just record sounds from my camera and then work it from there.

peace-
Kev

Intensity

sorry for taking so long, guys...
I'm getting really busy with planning for my Korea trip in two weeks, and I've been a little down in the dumps lately...
don't worry, though- I WILL get to these projects.

:thumbup:Kev

BatWing

a jubilee vp!!?
hope theres a nightwing animated series vp :)

Intensity

hmm... I actually don't have a nightwing animated series... so that would be difficult for me to do the voice pack...
sorry bout that- I would definately if I could.
Kev

BatWing

its alright
any other vps are u planning? :)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Nightwing was in the last season of Batman TAS (although they changed the name of the series to something else) but since he was Dick Grayson, you could probably cheat by using a few Robin clips.

BentonGrey

It was called 'The New Adventures of Batman and Robin,' and as far as I'm concerned, it was the only mistake that Timm and Co. really made.  My Robin pack could probably work in a pinch, but it is a bit more birght and...you know...'how Dick Grayson should sound...'  ^_^

Hey Intensity, keep up the good work man, this is one of the most neglected areas of the game and community, but it adds so much!

Intensity

I need to get some new batteries for my digital camera... then I should be able to at least whip up a few more videos to transfer to sounds... so I can finish Jubilee.

Other sounds I have on file are from Skin, M, Banshee, and Emma Frost.

Revenant

Quote from: crimsonquill on April 22, 2007, 10:05:20 AM
and it might be useful for getting voice clips from my Justice League Heroes PS2 game.

Thanks.

- CrimsonQuill

:o

crimsonquill

Quote from: Revenant on May 06, 2007, 02:18:06 PM
Quote from: crimsonquill on April 22, 2007, 10:05:20 AM
and it might be useful for getting voice clips from my Justice League Heroes PS2 game.
:o

Yeah, you heard me right. I was planning on getting voice samples from the game once I figure out how to drop-out the music/background stuff so that I get clean audio of the heroes/villians. I've been experimenting a little during the weekends when I am not tinkering with my MUA voice packs.

- CrimsonQuill

Intensity

time to delete and get rid of that crappy excuse for a Jubilee voicepack I did years ago...
because I have made a near flawless Jubilee voicepack for everyone on the forums.  You have my permission to use it in mods and anything you desire.

It contains 28 same-volumed sounds of Jubilee from the tv movie Generation X(Marvel Comics)
Including:
"I'm Jubilee"
"I don't know what its called, but fireworks shoot out of my fingers."
"What's my thing?"
"Will I have to wear one of those goofy superhero uniforms?"
"I'm a mutant."
"What's your power, speed reading and humility?"
"Zap!"
"Back Off!"
"I'm a bad girl!"
plus screams, put downs, fighting yells, and more smart-mouthed comments from the Jubester.
Jubilee is a Marvel comics X-Men character.

the voicepack can be downloaded at my new voicepack yahoo group!
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/IntensityFF/

I spent several weeks working out the bugs when it came to editing the sounds and figuring out the sound program... so please download the pack and tell me what you think!  :)  Also, I plan on doing a few more voicepacks in the near future: Skin, Monet St. Croix, Banshee, White Queen, and possibly Mondo and a few more X-Characters.

enjoy and use it a lot :D
Kevin