• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Dazzler/Jubilee/etc. voice pack? X-Men Legends... new voice requests

Started by Intensity, April 20, 2007, 05:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intensity

I know that I already have a Jubilee voicepack for the original freedom force... but in all honesty, it kinda stinks since I use some Jubilee and some Chun-Li sounds from Street Fighter... its a hodgepodge.

anyways, I was wondering if anyone would be able to make either or both voicepacks for Dazzler and Jubilee from X-Men Legends 1 and 2.
Jubilee is a main playable character in the first game and has a full soundlist done by Danika McKellar of the Wonder Years... she also did Invisible Woman in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Game.

Also, Dazzler has a voice ID in X-Men Legends 2... her voice is svsdaz or something like that in the pc version of the game.

Some other characters I'd love to see with voice packs are as follows, and they all have ID's in X-Men Legends 1 and 2:

Shadowcat
Multiple Man
Illyana
Sauron
Stepford Cuckoos
Angel
Havok

thanks for any help if you make the pack, or at least lead me in the direction of some that sound similar.

Intensity

crimsonquill

I assure you that Sledgehammer and I both have dozens of voice packs from X-Men Legends 1 & 2 plus Marvel Ultimate Alliance in the works at the moment. I lost most of the recoded mp3s that I had taken from MUA when my harddrive crashed a few months ago but I still have all my notes and software tools to do it again as time permits me to work on them.

Sledge told me that he finally worked around the X-BOX coding to get the samples from XML1 so he assured me that a Psylocke, Beast, Jubilee, and Blob packs would be coming from his direction soon. And I'm pretty sure that a Dazzler pack could be gathered together between both games if it's the same actress.

And if you take a look at my VPMAX thread I've gathered all of Sledge's packs among others in my collection for FFvsT3R. Now, I'm just saying this because I don't remember if you knew about my pet project and with the old thread gone it's a real pain to find who made requests from me or not.  :blink:

- CrimsonQuill

Intensity

Hey  CrimsonQuill!

thanks for the fast and awesome reply! 
I just returned to the forums, and I haven't been able to research much of the projects that I've missed out on.
all of the voicepacks that are done so far, as well as the ones to be released(Jubilee, Blob, Psylocke, etc...) sound very mouth watering lol.
Do these voice packs work for the original freedom force?

I'm assuming they do... or at least the mp3/wav files for the sounds will work since the original ff uses those formats as well.  Any idea on when we'll be seeing them?

thanks again and have a great weekend!
Intensity.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Intensity on April 20, 2007, 07:07:20 PM
Do these voice packs work for the original freedom force?

Well, yes and no... Yes, they use the same mp3 format and should work fine in the original Freedom Force but you would have to manually install them since my VPMAX collection is for FFvsT3R and the language/character/template .dat files can't be merged together as a result. Plus there would be some major conflicts in voice IDs since my collection forced me to change a few things as I added stuff from various Mods and old voice makers. I'm probably going to tackle the backwards compatability once I get VPMAXv2 complete which is months down the line.

- CrimsonQuill

Sledgehammer

Quote from: Intensity on April 20, 2007, 05:39:27 PM
anyways, I was wondering if anyone would be able to make either or both voicepacks for Dazzler and Jubilee from X-Men Legends 1 and 2.
Jubilee is a main playable character in the first game and has a full soundlist done by Danika McKellar of the Wonder Years... she also did Invisible Woman in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance Game.

Shadowcat
Multiple Man
Illyana
Sauron
Stepford Cuckoos
Angel
Havok

Let's see:

Jubilee is a given. XML I provides plenty of material to work with.

Sauron and the Cuckoos, are in my list too.

Shadowcat, Madrox, Illyana and Angel probably cannot be done, as they are NPCs. So, no attack phrases, no war cries, just some quiet talking. Angel is the only one with a remote chance of getting a VP. The others, don't even have enough lines.

Havok is a possibility. I have to check how many expressions I can get out of him, but

Dazzler doesn't exist in XML II. That voice ID is for "Dazzler Baddy", a female that sounds exactly like Blink. Which means a Blink VP is in the works...