• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Of Alternate Realities and Artistic Challenges

Started by BentonGrey, April 16, 2007, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

BentonGrey

Sounds good Juancho, I'd very much like to see it!

Unko, some good ideas, I could dig a White Martian version of MM as well.  I wouldn't worry about whether or not the character is dead....it won't matter in this particular storyline.  Haha, that sounds like a great idea for Plastic Man, and opens some unique story opportunities.

Flash, great!  I'd deffinetly like to see him done!

I had another idea at work today, how about The Tornado Tyrant, or The Black Wind, an analogue for Red Tornado?  He's a malevolent elemental spirit that has plauged man for centuries, and when the heroic scientist T.O. Morrow designed an android to aid the Justice Underground against the CSA, the spirit possessed it.  Having killed his creator, he went on to plague humanity in a much more potent and direct way.

juancho

oh u read my mind, i have been thinking of a Black twister/ Dark Typhoon character.

Oh btw i finhsed robot ( i call Tekbot) and Creature, do you want me to psot them or wait till i have the rest of the YO??

BentonGrey

Ohh, Black Twister, Dark Typhoon...good names!  I also like Tekbot much better than my placeholder, good idea.  Yeah, deffinetly post them, I can't wait to see them!

:EDIT: Ohh, and I forgot to send those YO ideas to Tomato, I suppose I'll just post them here. 

Robot (probably could use a better name) = Cyborg: When Victor Stone's father tried to fake his own death with a laboratory accident in order to escaped his creditors, young vic was caught in the blast.  His body was all but destroyed, but at the moment of his death his grieving father transfered his conciousness into a robotic body.  The resulting creation trapped between life and death, was driven mad by the process, and now pursues a vicous vengeance against mankind. (I'm thinking of something that looks like Ultron, just your basic evil robot.)

The Creature = Beast Boy: The Creature is an extraterrestrial parasite that was drawn to the body of young Garfield Logan as he lay dying from a rare disease.  The being bonded to him, healing him, but submerging his mind into the barely sentient rage of The Creature!  Now he has the ability to turn into any creature that his limited imagination can conjure.  Trapped within the beast-like rage of this controlling parasite, the young Garfield strives for freedom. (I'm thinking he'll basically be Beat Boy, but purple.  He'll change into mythological or imaginary creatures, as opposed to real animals.)

Crosshair = Speedy: Not much of a story for him yet, perhaps the rich son of Deadeye, the Green Arrow analouge.  (Something blue, perhaps?)

Panther_Gunn

Out of curiosity, is this limited to those that can provide visual artistry along with their ideas, or are orphan ideas welcome, also?  ;)

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 25, 2007, 03:40:04 PMI had another idea at work today, how about The Tornado Tyrant, or The Black Wind, an analogue for Red Tornado?  He's a malevolent elemental spirit that has plauged man for centuries, and when the heroic scientist T.O. Morrow designed an android to aid the Justice Underground against the CSA, the spirit possessed it.  Having killed his creator, he went on to plague humanity in a much more potent and direct way.

I was thinking instead that perhaps Morrow had discovered the existance of the entity, and built the android body as a prison for the elemental......which, of course, backfired, but actually did *some* good, as it's now stuck in the body, causing a much more localized problem, rather than being so widespread and is now a bit easier to oppose/stop.

BentonGrey

Absolutely not, PG, I can't exactly provide a visual, story ideas are deffinetly welcome!  I like that, interesting take on it.

juancho

BG here are my young ofenders so far
Tekbot, Ultragirl and Creature

I still want to do my own version of talon, Superlady (wondergirl) and dove (raven) tough the name kinda sucks

BentonGrey

Ohh....pretty...I love the Tekbot look, and I think you actually managed to bring in a little of Cyborg's look with it, nicely done.  Creature is perfect, exactly what I was looking for, and the fangs are a nice touch!

Please feel free to do whatever strikes your fancy.  Yeah, I couldn't think of anything good for Raven, that's the one that stumped me.

Revenant

When you mentioned an Alternate Earth version of Raven, I thought about this character from Devil Man:

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/speed3/8bb0f179.jpg

BentonGrey

Creeeepy...haha, thanks for the input Rev...she scares me, but she deffinetly has a memorable look!

FLASH_22798

The 'Skopes that I have finished are:

Ivodroid (Amazo)

CSA Blood Eagle (Hawkman)

Golden Age Doctor Noon (Doctor Midnight)
Golden Age Blood Eagle (Hawkman)

Young Offenders Red Bird (Robin)

And they all still need to be skinned.

I know you said you weren't going to use a Golden Age Blood Eagle in the mod, but since I already had the 'Skope finished, I'll mention it in case anyone else wants it.   Deadeye is still in the 'Skoping stage, as is Golden Age Hellcat (Wildcat), though the name is still open for debate.

Tomato

Sorry I haven't been in contact much, R/L stuff (nothing bad, family member had a wedding in another state) Just wanted to let you guys know I did at least start those Young Offenders... I had both Robin's alternate (I had a name, but I'm at school and the sketch is at home) and Ultraboy sketches, but I had a better idea for Ultraboy earlier, so I'm gonna redo him. I plan on playing with Johnny Speed(Kid Flash) later, as well as personal ideas for some of the Histories.

BentonGrey

Awesome Flash, I like the names Ivoandroid and Hellcat...especially Hellcat!  Can't wait to see them man.  Let me go ahead and say publicly what I said to your PM, Professor Radiant and the rest of those you've already finished are awesome! 

No problem Tomato, like I said, we've got plenty of time for this contest.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got, and I deffinetly want to hear about the histories you've worked up.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm trying to work out villainous/heroic analogues for the Marvel Family and Black Adam.  I've got the history and background worked out, but not the deities, as they should be more negative ones.

So far for Captain Chaos (Captain Marvel)  I have:

S
Hades (mastery of death and pain grants invulnerability)
Ares (mastery of war grants incredible combat prowess  could be switched to Mars if need be)
Z
A
M

Shazam, an evil wizard, has tried for centuries to conquer the world. In ancient Egypt, he made a deal with many of Egypt's darkest deities to create a champion, Teth Adam.  Unfortunately for Shazam, Adam, now called White Adam, turned on Shazam, protecting the people he was supposed to conquer.  Shazam placed him in a stasis that would last for thousands of years and waited. . .

In modern times, having made a new deal with a new set of deities, Shazam chooses a boy, hoping that he'll more easily be able to twist him into his own sadistic image.  Butch Batson, school bully, becomes Captain Chaos, would-be conquerer of the world.

Of course, the other world's villains don't exactly want to be conquered, and he has, as yet, been unsuccessful.

BentonGrey

Hmm, an interesting conundrum, I'll have to look into it.  I'm not sure we're gonna' find another 'Z'....perhaps we could just say the 'gods' were evil as well? :P

Glitch Girl

Random throughts (additions in red):

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on April 30, 2007, 06:14:55 PM
Set - (ancient Egyptian god of chaos)
Ares (mastery of war grants incredible combat prowess  could be switched to Mars if need be)
Zarich - one of the female members of the Daevas (Persian demons) and the personification of ageing.
Apep - An Egyptian monster living in perpetual darkness. This snake god is the chief of the antagonists of the sun god Re
Mefitis - The Roman goddess who was especially worshipped in volcanic areas and swamps. She is the personification of the poisonous vapors of the earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May not be quite what you're looking for, but it's a start.
Entries courtesy of the Encyclopedia Mythica, many MANY more deities there to search through.

Nymph

It looks like your going through the Greek Myths....

S-
H-Hades
A-Ares
Z-Zeus
A-Athena....Apollo...Artemis....Aphrodite....Adonis.....(I'd choose Adonis...for good looks!  :thumbup: )
M-(I know this one isn't exactly greem but it completely goes with the evil thing.......Morrigan)

Morrigan
Celtic Goddess of Fertility, Battle, Strife, and usually the Night and Darkness
She isn't necessarily one of the nice Celtic Dieties but she isnt the evilest.
Her symbol is the crow.

There is also Midir, the Celtic God of the underworld....but you already have the greek equivalent listed.

also if you want to go from Greek and Roman straight to Norse and Celtic I have a name.
S-Sirona(Healing Goddess)....Smertrios(God of War)
H-Heimdall(God of the Horn Blowers....senses so acute he hears grass grow...and senses the world's end.)
A-Arausio (Sea God)
Z-(There are no major dieties that start with Z in any Celtic or Norse belief...lol)
A-Aimend(Sun Goddess)
M-Morrigan.....Midir...Maponos (God of Youth)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on April 30, 2007, 08:04:04 PM
Random throughts (additions in red):

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on April 30, 2007, 06:14:55 PM
Set - (ancient Egyptian god of chaos)
Zarich - one of the female members of the Daevas (Persian demons) and the personification of ageing.
Apep - An Egyptian monster living in perpetual darkness. This snake god is the chief of the antagonists of the sun god Re
Mefitis - The Roman goddess who was especially worshipped in volcanic areas and swamps. She is the personification of the poisonous vapors of the earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May not be quite what you're looking for, but it's a start.
Entries courtesy of the Encyclopedia Mythica, many MANY more deities there to search through.

Sorry, GG, but Captain Marvel was based on Greek, Roman, and Biblical male characters, so his counterpart should be the same.  That means no female deities--they can be reserved for the Mary Marvel counterpart though.  The Egyptian deities are good for White Adam, though.

Alaric

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 01, 2007, 05:00:32 AM

Sorry, GG, but Captain Marvel was based on Greek, Roman, and Biblical male characters, so his counterpart should be the same.  That means no female deities--they can be reserved for the Mary Marvel counterpart though.  The Egyptian deities are good for White Adam, though.

I don't see any reason why the characters have to be derect parallels like that. After all, Superwoman, the Wonder woman equivelant, is a super-powered, evil Lois Lane, with heat vission...

For Captain Chaos, you could always go with a "reversed origin", like Ultraman being an Earth man who traveled to Krypton. Captain Chaos could be an actual god who's been given some mortal qualities, but still has enough of his godlike power to make him one of the most powerful beings on the planet...

catwhowalksbyhimself

I don't know about that, but here's another origin that may be a bit better.  Let me know what you think.

Jonathan Batson, father of Billy, discovered and become obsessed with an ancient prophesy which said that seven ancient gods, the most evil out of many groups of deities, could descend to the earth and bring chaos.

Jonathan found a reference in the writings to a way to stop this from happening, and by summoning seven more friendly deities to stop them.  Unfortunately, the evil deities discovered his plans.  Descending to the earth they captured and tortured Jonathan for months, until there was little left of his mind, but a twisted fury.  When they finally released him, he found that he had absorbed some of the gods' essence while being in their presence, and in a mindless fury began laying waste to Fawcet city.  His son and daughter were his first two victims.  Thus, the prophesy was fulfilled, and the gods brought chaos, in the form of Captain Chaos, to the earth.

Jonathan's closest friend, a man by the name of Adam Sivana is able to summon the other 7 gods, who are unable to stop Captain Chaos, but give him the power to transform into White Adam instead.

Better?

Alaric

Heh... I came up with a possible full origin, myself-

The evil wizard Mazash, in ancient Egyptian times, summoned a god of the desert and entrapped him in a mortal body. Mazash could release this god from his mortal form to do his bidding, and called the god Red Adam (if memory serves, Black Adam was named after the "Black Land", the ancient Egyptian name for their land, or at least the part directly along the Nile, where the soil was dark- the desert portion was called the "Red Land", so it seems to me that Red Adam would make a better opposite for Black Adam than White Adam). Red Adam came to sympathize with those he was supposed to oppress, however, and he rebelled against the wizard. Thousands of years later, Mazash decided it was time to try again. He summoned a powerful god, a living embodiment of Chaos, and bound him in the form of a human child. By uttering his own name, "Mazash!", the wizard can cause fire to burst from the Earth, transforming the child back to his god-like form, in which form he's known as Captain Chaos, to serve his evil needs. In addition to being the wizard's name, "MAZASH" stands for six things captain Chaos brings to his foes; Misery, Anarchy, Zealotry, Antagonism, Strife, and Horror.

BentonGrey

Hmm, very good ideas here.  I rather like Alric's version, I feel like it may stay a little closer to the source.

Nymph

I agree with Benton, I like Alaric's....but if you are going to change Shazam to Mazash.....(I know it is only mixing letters around....)

but it makes sense to change Black/White/Red Adam into a jambled form or an entirely new name......

and I see the whole "White Adam" thing parallels "Black Adam"
but the true antithesis of -----------------------^^^^^^^--------- would be........."White Eve" (Not Adam)

catwhowalksbyhimself

I actually like Red Adam.  The reasoning behind it makes sense.

And the CSA world is never a complete antithesis anyways, more a twisted, somewhat backwards parallel.

Alaric

I've mostly just been lurking on this thread. I thought up the "Captain Chaos" origin as a thought experiment, and liked it enough to post it here. Still, if you guys want to use it, it's fine with me.

It was a lot of fun to come up with, though...

Nymph

Thats why you should become a full part of the thread! Your ideas are brilliant!  :thumbup:
So are there any normal DC characters that need to be converted to CSA univers I can maybe some up with a back story......or some ideas but I don't really know who is left to work with.

You guys mind maybe making a list of what is done and what isnt?

BentonGrey

I would welcome you all to participate in this thread more ^_^

FLASH_22798

I haven't been too active lately because of the outside world.   Family, work, and classes have kept me pretty busy.

I finally finished the 'skope for CSA Deadeye (Green Arrow), as well as the 'skope and skin for Golden Age Hellcat (Wildcat).   I'll load Hellcat either tonight or tomorrow for you to check out.

But honestly thinking about it, with as much potential as this "Universe" has for characters, and with how much interest that this thread seems to be taking, this could really become an actual mod of it's own.

BentonGrey

Don't worry man, there's plenty of time. ^_^  Real life always takes precedent, we know that.  Anyroad, that's something I'm rather hoping for.  That's precisely why I'm releasing my take on the DCU.  When it's out there, people will be able to use it as a spring board for telling their own stories.  I would love for someone to run with this, as I'll only have time to tell a few stories about this world.  However, I will include tons of characters from it, so people will be able to tell their own.

Revenant

Quote from: Nymph on April 30, 2007, 08:48:33 PM
Z-(There are no major dieties that start with Z in any Celtic or Norse belief...lol)

If you want a Z deity, try Zoroaster ... It was an old Monotheistic religion in what is now Iran.  Zoroaster was a prophet of the diety Ahura Mahzda.  Zoroastrianism was concerned with rejecting forces of nature as Evil, in favor of human moral order, which was perceived as holy and good.
He could maybe grant Capt. Chaos wisdom, or precognition?

Zoroaster was known to the Ancient Greeks.. he inspired the religion of the Magi.  Maybe he could also supply some sorcery powers?

Also, Nietzsche invoked him in Thus Spoke Zarathustra, the famous book in which he proclaimed 'God is dead.' 

Sorry... big mythology buff ^_^

Alaric

Quote from: Revenant on May 08, 2007, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: Nymph on April 30, 2007, 08:48:33 PM

If you want a Z deity, try Zoroaster ... It was an old Monotheistic religion in what is now Iran.  Zoroaster was a prophet of the diety Ahura Mahzda.  Zoroastrianism was concerned with rejecting forces of nature as Evil, in favor of human moral order, which was perceived as holy and good.
He could maybe grant Capt. Chaos wisdom, or precognition?

Zoroaster was known to the Ancient Greeks.. he inspired the religion of the Magi.  Maybe he could also supply some sorcery powers?

Also, Nietzsche invoked him in Thus Spoke Zarathustra, the famous book in which he proclaimed 'God is dead.' 

Sorry... big mythology buff ^_^

The religeon is still practiced by some people, mostly in India, I believe- although I think there may still be a small population of practitioners in Iran (the modern name for Persia). I would therefore tend to avoid using him to empower an evil character.

|