• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Of Alternate Realities and Artistic Challenges

Started by BentonGrey, April 16, 2007, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Deaths Jester

So everyone knows who I'm going to attack...I'm calling out the following characters to antifiy: Rampage, The Guardian, Blue Beetle II (Kord), and, probably, the Persuader.  I might add to that list but not right now.

Keep ye eyes peeled for them to show up 'ere in the following weeks.

-DJ

Cyber Burn

I'm not sure who Rampage or the Persuader are, but it's good to know that you have Blue Beetle II on your list, now I can scratch him off of mine. As for the Gueardian, I look forward to your interpretation.

Skopes that I have in process are:

Grundy
Star Saphire
Sinestro (Possible Yellow Corps)

Cyber Burn

Decided to use my Green Lantern skope for Sinestro. Qwardian Corps. Not sure if I want to keep this or keep working on it though.

Gremlin

I'm not sure how reverse Sinestro would work...maybe he's the antimatter GL?  Like Sinestro went to Qward, he went to Oa?  So he'd just be a regular GL.

Cyber Burn

QuoteI'm not sure how reverse Sinestro would work...maybe he's the antimatter GL?  Like Sinestro went to Qward, he went to Oa?  So he'd just be a regular GL.

Though instead of using willpower like their green counterpart, Qward's corps use the power of fear to conrol the populace. I don't know, still just letting the wheels turn.  The costume is up for grabs as well.

BentonGrey

Hey guys, sorry I've been ignoring this.....summer can't come soon enough!  Anyway, I think your Dr. Speed is perfect, and the name totally works.  As far as Sinestro.....well, he's a tricky one, as are all characters whose origins are not earthbound......but he is even more difficult because the positive universe Sinestro has dealings with Qward, even working for them for most of his history.  I'm afraid that creates a mobious strip of paradoxes that I can't think my way out from! :P  Haha, a nice skin though, and I like the uniform.

DJ, I can't wait to see your Blue Beetle and Guardian!  I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the others either, but if you mean the Legion enemy Persuader, then I know him.  If you do him for fun and for the thread, that's awesome, but I should say now that I don't have the Legion in the DCUG, so I wouldn't be able to include anti-matter versions of those characters in the mod.  I only bother to say this on the off chance that you'll download the mod and say, "hey, where's that skin I created!" :lol:

H0UR_MAN

This is a good idea, I very much like the designs and ideas that everyone has come up with. I am looking forward to seeing the design for Plastic Man.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 02, 2008, 03:25:51 PM

DJ, I can't wait to see your Blue Beetle and Guardian!  I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the others either, but if you mean the Legion enemy Persuader, then I know him.  If you do him for fun and for the thread, that's awesome, but I should say now that I don't have the Legion in the DCUG, so I wouldn't be able to include anti-matter versions of those characters in the mod.  I only bother to say this on the off chance that you'll download the mod and say, "hey, where's that skin I created!" :lol:

Well, it is the Persuader is the Legion enemy..so I'll probably drop him from the list and add Tigress instead.  As for Rampage...she's a mid 80s, when ye see her I think ye might know who she is...maybe.

-DJ

H0UR_MAN

I have begun to experiment with Nifskope and art programs. I would be very pleased to be allowed to participate in this contest. But I do have one question though. I do notice that many characters have already been pictured or named, is there a list of already finished characters so that I no which characters not to attempt? Thank you.

BentonGrey

Hour_Man, new artists are always welcomed on FR!  There is not a list of those already completed, but I may have some time tonight, so perhaps I can put one together real quick.

Okey doke, I think this is everyone:

[spoiler]Superman-Ultraman
Batman-Owlman
Wonder Woman-Super Woman
Martian Manhunter-Venutian Womanhunter
Aquaman-Barracuda
Flash-Johnny Quick
Green Lantern-Power Ring
Supergirl-Ultragirl
Golden Age Flash
Golden Age Green Lantern
Heatwave-Fireshot
Dr. Light-Professor Radiant
Doctor Midnite-Dr. Noon
Robin-Redwing (or Talon)
Beast Boy-Creature (needs skin)
Cyborg-Robot (needs skin and better name)
Amazo-Ivodroid
Hawkman-Blood Eagle
Wildcat-Hellcat
Green Arrow-Deadshot
Riddler-Quizmaster
Atom-Nucleus
Professor Zoom-Dr. Speed
Star Sapphire-?

[/spoiler]

UnkoMan

I kept forgetting to put this up.

Indian Rubber Man (the evil counterpart of Plastic Man) is here. I couldn't get the skoping to work, so I just gave him a normal belt, but oh well. It's something, at least, if you want to use it.

BentonGrey

Haha, well, I don't know about that name, but I love the skin.  I really like the whole two tone look you give him.  I think it is rather a good representation of him as a man who is more or less morally gray.

UnkoMan

He's called that since it was what Jack Cole was originally going to call Plastic Man. And also it sounds a little racist, so I figured it'd be something more apt for that sort of world. But you can rename him or change him as you see fit, if you even use him.

BentonGrey

I'm definitely going to use him Unko, I like the design too much not to.  So, that name has significance for the character, huh?  I think that may change things.

H0UR_MAN

I have attempted two characters based on the characters from the DCUG mod. They are called Blood Demon and The Lightning.

They are based on Blue Demon and Zyklon. I am still reading and learning about the different art programs before I attempt the Nifskope. Some of my other characters which I tried did not look so nice. I will continue to practice.

H0UR_MAN

These are called The Feeder and Q Ranger.

They are based on Parasite and Major Force.

Deaths Jester

I'm calling at least two more....Mento and Weather Wizard.  There are probably more that I want to call but I haven't ran across them yet.  Their coming soon.

BentonGrey

Wow, some very nice work, especially for an opening number Hour_Man.  I absolutely LOVE Q Ranger, the color scheme for him is really unique.  I like The Feeder as well, and the simple redesign somehow makes him look quite heroic.  Blood Demon....hmm...I think he needs a little something more, but I'm not quite sure what.  I do think the idea of making him look more demonic is a great way to flip Blue Devil, however.

Hmm, I can't wait to see your Weather Wizard DJ! 

H0UR_MAN

Thank you Benton Grey for the compliment. I shall continue to work on Blood Demon to see if I can improve his design.

Gremlin

I like the design, but the Star of David's kinda...well, very out of place.  It looks almost like some kind of antisemitic propaganda.

BentonGrey

I believe he was going for the satanic symbol there Gremlin.  That's much better Hour-Man, and the inclusion of the belt buckle jives the design up nicely.  The symbol could probably use a revision, though, if only for clarity sake.

H0UR_MAN

I did not meant to offend anyone. I apologize if it is happened. I meant for the chest design to be a pentagram, to be looking evil. If somebody has a better design for the chest, I would be happy to be using it.

BentonGrey

Ohh, I doubt you offended anybody, but I believe THIS is the design you were going for, right?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pentacle_2.svg

Gremlin

Oh, I know what he meant, but still, the image is a bit off.

The pentacle, too, has positive connotations in some respects, despite being defamed for it's alleged satanic connection.

I think a septagram, or seven-pointed star, might look cool, magical, and be completely nonoffensive.  Or a demonic sigil, but it's bad mojo to write those down, so I'd recommend against it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/04/Septagram-starofbabalon.svg/271px-Septagram-starofbabalon.svg.png
http://fa.univision.com/attachments/univision/imagenes/385830/1/elven-septagram.jpg

H0UR_MAN

I choosed to change the design so will not be offensive, am hoping that this is better?

BentonGrey

That's a neat choice there HM, what is it?  I think it looks good, and the design overall is quite solid man. ^_^

Cyber Burn

These are great designs HM, really bright and colorful for the Feeder and Q-Ranger, I like them. Blood Demon is pretty good as well. I like how you're using the same mesh that the original is using.

H0UR_MAN

I thank you for coplimenting these characters. The emblem on Blood Demon is design I found using font. I wanted to not offend people, so I used something different.

H0UR_MAN

|