• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FFX Requests

Started by yell0w_lantern, April 14, 2007, 07:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

I hope I'm not offending any of the FFX team members by doing this but I just had a thought for a new attribute. In all fairness, I stole it from Champions.

Dependent
There is a % chance that on any mission, a person that the hero must protect shows up on the level. If the dependent should fall then the hero is KO'd.

Epimethee

Good idea, putting  this under a general name. I hope people post their wish list here. :)

As for Dependant, I obviously like it. As a matter of fact, I've had something similar on my to-do list for the last three years. Life is short. :(

Fan-Favorite:
You're so popular that there's a chance a fan will appear in the level and hunt you down until you sign him an autograph. If he gets K.O.'ed, you lose a hero point and prestige.

BentonGrey

Haha, those are both awesome ideas!  I like the fan favorite one, it's like Rick Jones and Captain America.  Anyroad, I think just about all of my wishes have already been met.  I suppose that the only thing I can really request is one you already know about Em, for Driver/Vehicle to be added into the Control Centre, which may take a long time.  Also, if it isn't already possible, a way to indicate a different mesh for the object and character sides of the vehicle.

Pretty much, FFX already does everything I want! ^_^

Blitzgott

The only thing I feel it's missing is an "speed draining" power/attribute. In other words, the ability of slowing a character down while becoming faster yourself. It'd be perfect for Flash.

Epimethee

Breeder: Nice one! :) Accidental Change set to isMinuteUp would probably do.

Speed Leeching: I guess it could be approximated by giving Flash the Decrease special type attack and the Hatemonger attribute customized to effect "gainSpeed" and type to "isDecreased". As "isDecreased" isn't in FFX 3.2, you'd need to add to ffx.py the following function:

def isDecreased(obj,char=''):
    if not Object_Exists(obj):
        return 0
    return (Object_GetSecondaryStates(obj)&SCSTATE_SPEED_INCREASED)!=0

and to ffxdefault.py, under "FFX_TRIGGERS=[", replace the lines

["isDay"],
["isBreached"],
]

by
["isDay"],
["isBreached"],
["isDecreased"],
]

Previsionary

here's a small idea:

Air control: Since all the other main elements have ffx attributes, why shouldn't the element of air? Lessee, maybe this attribute could summon a large tornado that could cause damage and kb. Also, maybe it could summon a gust of wind to handle fliers? Hrm...maybe even grant limited flight or control and manipulate oxygen levels (IE: low oxygen= easy to stun, high oxygen= easier kb, slightly more damage)? I  dunno, just an idea. Most of what i suggested could prolly be done with individual powers though. *shrugs*

Epimethee

Air control: My take on it (actually, I'm just parroting Dr Mike) is that FFX attributes shouldn't try to duplicate what can be done (better) by using existing powers. So, personally (i.e, someone else in the team may still do it!), I wouldn't create an attribute duplicating buoyancy, density increase or knockback attacks. A tornado character (ffx_tornado) is already available as a summon.

Oxygen control, though... hmm, that one might be hard to simulate without a specific attribute. Low oxygen/underwater: stun risk for non-robots, active defence against fire, no ignition? High oxygen: panic/rage/blank risk, increase area (explosive) damage? change material to ice for higher vulnerability to fire? Oxygen control would complement nicely Transmutator.

laughing paradox

I was surprised and really thrilled at seeing the bonus download of making the plasma sculptor items in different colors.

Maybe having that variation of colors for the default summoner attributes characters?

crimsonquill

Water Enhancement: I keep thinking about my attempts at making Namor and Aquaman types where they lose health/strength if they are away from water for too long. I know there is already a dependency attribute but water is not among the selectable items and with having new water FX for maps and even fire hydrants in city levels plus the occasional fountain available it should be considered for future updates. If a character with this attribute rips up a fire hydrant and gets caught in the FFX water burst they should be healed and recieve a temporary power boost instead of the penalty anyone else would get.

- CrimsonQuill

Xenolith

I think keurtee had a rumble room mode that brought in wave after wave of teams to fight.  I like to watch my heroes battle, so it would be neat if I could have a mode where I could start out with Team A and then randomly spawn additional teams as previous teams are defeated.

Also, it would be very neat if a little text display would say when character x is defeated and by whom.  I think keurtee had this in his mod, too.

Is that guy still around? :unsure:

Epimethee

Quote from: ips on May 08, 2007, 01:41:11 PMdoes that mean it's doable currently with accidental change or that you could use accidental change code as a basis for the new attrib?
I thought it was currently doable, but reviewing the docs, I realized Involuntary Form always reverts after 60 seconds, so... oops. Maybe Involuntary Form should have a revert trigger too?

Edit: Oops. Accidental Change does support revert trigger... so, hmm... I'll blame the documentation. :P

lugaru

Quote from: Epimethee on May 08, 2007, 04:34:05 PM
Quote from: ips on May 08, 2007, 01:41:11 PMdoes that mean it's doable currently with accidental change or that you could use accidental change code as a basis for the new attrib?
I thought it was currently doable, but reviewing the docs, I realized Involuntary Form always reverts after 60 seconds, so... oops. Maybe Involuntary Form should have a revert trigger too?

How is this: the attack gives your opponent the accidental change attribute (since attributes can be given mid game now). The revert trigger is "character is at full health". That way healing powers and such would bring the brood (or zombie for what I would use it) to full health and revert the character back to who it is supposed to be.

My ideas:

Is it possible to spawn a character wielding an object? I dont know if it is that characters dont know to pick up lamp posts and swing them or if they had one in their hands they wouldent swing it... but a character could recieve a custom command or else appear wielding a nicely meshed sword so that until it gets knocked out of their hands they have a major advantage.

Also we never worked out that Evil Genious attribute we had thought about. Think of it as an attribute that gives a character two customizable 1 use powers in the rumble room, one being a major summon (all around himself) and one being a minor summon (1 object). For example one could summon a few dozen limpet mines, time bombs (limpets that slowly loose health), or even gas bombs for a joker character (after about a minute they explode into large radious acid burn clouds). Likewise villains could use it to summon re-enforcements like a dozen gun thugs or a bunch of potent robots. The single use would have to be something cooler, like a rock of cryptonite for lex luthor or a giant demon for Baron Mordo. So yeah, two one use summons, one of multiple objects and one of a single one. Call the multiple objects one a trap (your surrounded! There's lazor turrets everywhere!) and the minor one an ace up the villains sleeve (I brought A TANK! or I hired Deathstroke!).

Oh and one problem Im experiencing with AI: it keeps using attacks that target objects (like disrupt) on human oponents, with no effect. It might need to be fixed...

TaskMasterX

Quote from: lugaru on May 09, 2007, 03:55:25 AM
Oh and one problem Im experiencing with AI: it keeps using attacks that target objects (like disrupt) on human oponents, with no effect. It might need to be fixed...

Lugaru, check the AI script for that character and make sure they're using the "TDisruptObject()", tactic rather than "TRanged()", or something like that for that particular power.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I originally included the Evil Genius attribute, but by consensus of the FFX 3.2 team, it was removed.

lugaru

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 09, 2007, 05:07:13 AM
I originally included the Evil Genius attribute, but by consensus of the FFX 3.2 team, it was removed.

You guy's should of left it in anyway's...

"Well superman, it would appear you are invulnerable to everything except... ME CRASHING THE GAME! MUAHAHAH!".

;)

TASKMASTER: This is what the AI generator make of the attack:        "TDirectExplosive('thing go boom!',time=2.76)",
I'll substitute it and let you know if that fixed it, although it should. I guess it's more a matter of the files being generated than the AI using the files, and honestly given how few characters target objects Im not against making corrections for them.

edit: YUP, she's totally blowing stuff up now. Thanks Task!

Epimethee

Quote from: lugaru on May 09, 2007, 03:55:25 AM
[RE: BREEDER] How is this: the attack gives your opponent the accidental change attribute (since attributes can be given mid game now).
BTW, FFX attributes could always be given mid-mission (remember FFX 2.6's Latent Mutant?); what's new is that you can now remove some of them mid-mission too, now.
QuoteThe revert trigger is "character is at full health". That way healing powers and such would bring the brood (or zombie for what I would use it) to full health and revert the character back to who it is supposed to be.
Nice! Another vote for adding Revert Trigger customization to Accidental Change/Involuntary Form, I guess. :)

QuoteIs it possible to spawn a character wielding an object?
I think so. You could possibly spawn the character invisible/outside the map and a pole beside him, have him pick the pole and teleport him when needed.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Epimethee on May 09, 2007, 05:33:57 PM
Another vote for adding Revert Trigger customization to Accidental Change/Involuntary Form, I guess. :)

Isn't it already there? There's a pull-down for it in the Control Centre.  :huh:

yell0w_lantern

I'm pretty sure you're right.

lugaru

Quote from: ips on May 10, 2007, 01:32:45 PM
i'm normally pretty bright about hero file creation but i'm not getting it. i don't see how this is possible at all under the current system.  :unsure:

Under the current system it's perfectly doable that a character can become something else and then revert back to his original form under specific conditions, such as having full energy (like a character of mine who is powerless until he recharges) or what not. What I dont know is if you could make ANOTHER character transform and not change back until the conditions are met. Particularly cool for me is the idea of giving a character something like "russian doll" so that when they die they become a zombie... would this be possible?

crimsonquill

Quote from: lugaru on May 10, 2007, 03:09:51 PM
Particularly cool for me is the idea of giving a character something like "russian doll" so that when they die they become a zombie... would this be possible?

Yup, I do that quite regularly with my supernatural rumble rooms... I set up a group of lackys with a boss with private army and give them russian doll. If they are KOed (killed) they resurrect as zombies (just slap their skin on zombie_alpha and use my male_livingdead voice) until they are destroyed once and for all. I recently used the Jack O' Lantern with a summoning attribute and had him be the "demon" version just to play the recent Sleepy Hollow story arc in Ghost Rider.

However, Russian Doll just has the new character pop up on screen next to the body.. I have not figured out a way to make it disappear, yet. And I'm hoping that whoever was working on that zombie_alpha hex with Tommy's parts added on so that Marvel Zombies could be possible.

- CrimsonQuill

Epimethee

Oops. Accidental Change does support revert trigger... so, hmm... I'll blame the documentation. :P

Quote from: ips on May 10, 2007, 01:32:45 PM
i'm normally pretty bright about hero file creation but i'm not getting it. i don't see how this is possible at all under the current system.  :unsure:
Well, as you can see, my hero file IQ is nothing to brag about, but the way I envisioned it:

QuoteIs it possible to make a summon/spawn object (say an egg nif) that after X duration spawns new template-ed character (say brood) unless the egg is destroyed?

Create your egg character and give it Acccidental Change with trigger set to isMinuteUp and revert trigger set to isNever.

Create your grown-up character (a chicken, isn't it? after all what else could you want to use an egg for? :P ) and give it the Involuntary Form attribute. Give your chicken either the summoner attribute (set to your egg template) or a limey lure with summoner swap (with the general object template set to your egg). (BTW, this made me realize that we apparently broke Papa Legba's summon zombie customization.)

BentonGrey

Okay, I came up with a new way (to me at least) to represent Supe's Kryptonite problem in FF2.  I have him with a vulnerability to begin with, and that's awesome, BUT it's not possible for it to take away his physical resistance as well.  Now, we've got a problem, as non of the damage he takes really does enough to hurt him.  SO, I though, what if, on top of all the stuff that happens to him from K, he also accidental changes into a 'poisoned' version of supes, who has no resistance and who is all around more feeble (not still packing heavy hitter, for example).  However, the trigger I thought might work, 'isAlienMineral' doesn't.  Any suggestions?

lugaru

Ahh... with all this talk about brood and eggs I thought you meant the "injected" type, a la Aliens or marvels Brood.

yell0w_lantern

a delayed summoning swap, basically.

Epimethee

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 10, 2007, 08:49:56 PM
Okay, I came up with a new way (to me at least) to represent Supe's Kryptonite problem in FF2 (...) he also accidental changes into a 'poisoned' version of supes, who has no resistance and who is all around more feeble (not still packing heavy hitter, for example).  However, the trigger I thought might work, 'isAlienMineral' doesn't.  Any suggestions?
The problem is that, IIRC, using isAlienMineral inAccidental Change would require Superman himself to be the alien mineral. You'd need something like in ffx.py (not tested):

def isNearAlienMineral(obj,char=''):
    if not Object_IsAlive(obj):
        return 0
    staticObjects = list( Mission_GetObjects() )
    staticObjects.remove( Object_GetTerrain() )
    for target in staticObjects:
        if ( Object_GetAttr(target, 'physical') != 0 ) and isAlienMineral(target):
            if distanceSq(obj, target) < 300: #300 is a just a guess
                return 1
    return 0

and, in ffxdefault.py, under FFX_TRIGGERS=[, add the line
["isNearAlienMineral"],

BentonGrey

Nice, thanks Em!  I'll try it out soon.

yell0w_lantern

Well, anyway, here's what I've come up with but unfortunately I can't test it out because the3.2 Gold is very broken for me: buy a limey lure with a summoning swap. create 2 characters - one for accidental change and the other involuntary form.
give the character with accidental change a speed of 1, slow moving and armored (you may need to fudge some attributes or powers so this one does not cost negative points).
make the involuntary form however you want.
In the ffx control centre: open up the summoning character again and change the object template to the accidental change character (you'll have to type it in manually). Now open up the accidental change character and make the trigger into random time up and the revert trigger to isnever.

Of course you'll need to run everything thing (all 3 characters) through the power ID generator for it all to work but, in the end, you should have something like your brood egg - presuming you have a suitable mesh.

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteWell, anyway, here's what I've come up with but unfortunately I can't test it out because the3.2 Gold is very broken for me

Make sure you give a detailed report in the bug thread.  Especially try installing and running it unmodified, if you haven't already (since most problems are cause by incorrect tinkering with the system.)

Blitzgott

It'd be cool an attribute similar to rooted, only the character is imune to knockback when he is moving instead of idle. Good one for Juggernaut.

Epimethee

Should be easy enough, Blitzgott, so it has a good chance to be done, either as a new attribute or as a customisation for Rooted. :)