Started by Flying_Infant, April 11, 2007, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Midnight

Don't know if it's been posted yet...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

For completeness' sake.

Spring Heeled Jack

The inclusion of Sabbath's "Iron Man" is a little painfully obvious, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Interesting trailer. The red and gold armor looks a little bleh, though.

Outcast

Nice trailer. Interesting to see Gwyneth Paltrow in the movie as well. Can't wait to see it.  :)

Hope it does well enough for a sequel. :thumbup:

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Here's a link to an old iron movie i found. It's animation though. Maybe some of you guys have already watched it. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry7pGmnanR0&mode=related&search=

cmdrkoenig67

I'm very psyched for this (except for Gwyneth's inclusion...Bleh...IMHO, one of the most bland actresses around) and I've never been a fan of Iron Man.  I'm hoping this film will be a fantastic trip.

Dana

BatWing

oh man this ironman movie better be better than the hulk and ghostrider.

The Pwime

and daredevil/elektra.

:P

but i have faith in the director and actors.  everything looks great, so far.

B A D

This has a shot at Spider man goodness. It looks that good. RD Jr. seems made for the role.

Tomato

Quote from: B A D on September 13, 2007, 08:59:55 AM
This has a shot at Spider man goodness. It looks that good. RD Jr. seems made for the role.

I don't think so, unfotunately. Don't get me wrong, this looks like a REALLY good movie, but spider-man draws on a larger fan base. If you ask a child who spider-man is, they can tell you He's Peter Parker, and he can shoot webs. Iron Man on the other hand, isn't quite as popular... anyone with even the roughest idea of comic history knows who he is, but very few others. Plus, many people now hate Iron Man... They'll watch it, because they're geeks and they can't afford not to, but they're predisposed to hate it.

Again, I'm not saying I don't hope it will be. Iron Man looks very good, despite how badly the regular Marvel Universe version has been handled of late. I can't wait to see it.

Talavar

Quote from: Tomato on September 13, 2007, 11:41:28 AM

I don't think so, unfotunately. Don't get me wrong, this looks like a REALLY good movie, but spider-man draws on a larger fan base. If you ask a child who spider-man is, they can tell you He's Peter Parker, and he can shoot webs. Iron Man on the other hand, isn't quite as popular... anyone with even the roughest idea of comic history knows who he is, but very few others. Plus, many people now hate Iron Man... They'll watch it, because they're geeks and they can't afford not to, but they're predisposed to hate it.

Again, I'm not saying I don't hope it will be. Iron Man looks very good, despite how badly the regular Marvel Universe version has been handled of late. I can't wait to see it.

Goodness doesn't equal popularity.

Night Dragon

Quote from: Tomato on September 13, 2007, 11:41:28 AM
I don't think so, unfotunately. Don't get me wrong, this looks like a REALLY good movie, but spider-man draws on a larger fan base.
[*snip*]
Iron Man on the other hand, isn't quite as popular... anyone with even the roughest idea of comic history knows who he is, but very few others.

You forget one thing, the movie that could be considered as the start of the current comic-to-screen trend was even less known then Iron Man. Blade appeared in like 2 or three episodes of the 90s Spidey toon and got one toy out of the whole line. But the movie took off.

IM had his own cartoon and toy line, so he has had a bit more exposure outside of comic books, plus... guy in shiny metal suit that shoots lasers. That just screams spiffy, even if you don't know a thing about the guy.

cripp12

I agree.  this could be good.  Comon trilogy.

XLR8er

i'm totally gonna see it man :cool:

Spitfire

The Iron Man movie is somewhat less epic when you compare it to the intro for the second series of the Iron Man cartoon.  :D

Jakew

I just watched the trailer, and I'm pretty hopeful regarding this film ... it looks very good so far. Downey seems excellent, and the Iron Man designs are great. I'm really hoping that Jeff Bridges acts the hell out of his role (the Iron Monger armour looks jazzy), slides into the tone of the film and doesn't let Downey dominate him. A bland villain is just, well ... a bit spider-man 3, really.

It'll also be interesting to see how Nick Fury is integrated into the film (presumably setting things up for an eventual Ultimates/Avengers movie ... imagine when that sucker comes out!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbFuW_Jkbg8

BentonGrey

Well Jakew, if it's an Avengers movie, I'd dance a jig, if they ever make an Ultimates movie, I'll weep openly....not because they are making it, but because it means that I'll likely never see a real Avengers movie...

zuludelta

Quote from: Spitfire on September 16, 2007, 03:05:11 AM
The Iron Man movie is somewhat less epic when you compare it to the intro for the second series of the Iron Man cartoon.  :D

Man, I remember that intro, thanks for the nostalgia trip! In retrospect, I'm a little surprised that the show's producers never got into trouble for the opening song (or maybe they did and we just never heard about it)... I know it sounds nothing like Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" but the whole "I Am... Iron Man" line is pretty distinct and identifiable with the original song.

Glitch Girl

Quote from: zuludelta on October 06, 2007, 02:52:29 PM

Man, I remember that intro, thanks for the nostalgia trip! In retrospect, I'm a little surprised that the show's producers never got into trouble for the opening song (or maybe they did and we just never heard about it)... I know it sounds nothing like Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" but the whole "I Am... Iron Man" line is pretty distinct and identifiable with the original song.
I remember that intro too - that's after the show got a complete overhaul and actually got prety good. 

My theory: the animated show's producer wanted to use the Black Sabbath song but couldn't get the rights, so made something that was close but not-close-enough-to-get-sued.  :)

Love the "spy shots".  I'm marveling at the harness on the car they made for the practical effect too.

RTTingle

Stumbled upon these and I thought I'd share 'em with you all...

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FIron_Man_Movie_Fan_Gallery%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

Iron Man really is the next best character you can do so many variations for aside from the trillion they did for Batsy, because of all the different armours - would honestly like to see more.

Which in turn made me stumble upon these...

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FSHS%2FFing_Fang%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

Is it me - or does anyone else wanna' pinch Punisher's cheeks?  I telly ou, I've never seen Fin Fang Foom cuter.

RTT

BWPS

Quote from: Glitch Girl on October 10, 2007, 05:59:02 PM
Quote from: zuludelta on October 06, 2007, 02:52:29 PM

I remember that intro too - that's after the show got a complete overhaul and actually got prety good. 

My theory: the animated show's producer wanted to use the Black Sabbath song but couldn't get the rights, so made something that was close but not-close-enough-to-get-sued.  :)

Love the "spy shots".  I'm marveling at the harness on the car they made for the practical effect too.

See, he used to have a flying robot that held a second suit that he could change into when he needed to. But after they did the change he just had to say the word and electricity would instantly change his suit. So we got a sweet intro, decent animation that made the suits actually look metallic without having gourd-shaped heads and shaky movement, and better storylines at what cost? The cost of believability.

I'm lying, of course, the show got waaaaaay better and I'm glad they decided to do the origin 2-parts (I think IM was frozen with his suit broke down so he reminisced) AFTER the improvement.

I love Iron Man, but he was never one of my favorites. But I think this movie will be. It looks SO good I can't even believe it. I can't wait til next summmer.

Cardmaster

Oh em gee. My favorite part of those spy shots is just seeing Iron Man chilling in between takes.

GAH that armor looks so good in real life!! I can't believe it!  :wub: :wub:

-CM

TheMarvell

Did you guys see the Superbowl TV spot? I thought it looked awesome!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/medium_tv.html

check it out!

Podmark

It always surprises me how sweet this movie looks.

thalaw2

Costume design has come a long long way.  There is no way that armor with those colors would look so good 20 years ago.

Podmark

Quote from: thalaw2 on February 04, 2008, 01:57:50 AM
Costume design has come a long long way.  There is no way that armor with those colors would look so good 20 years ago.

We can thank Adi Granov for that.

El Condor

My bro and I were both jazzed by this.  But trailers always look great, don't they?  :huh:

EC

the_ultimate_evil

this is looking brilliant, plus the fact that stark is cameoing in the hulk also is beyond cool

TheMarvell

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on February 04, 2008, 07:40:41 AM
this is looking brilliant, plus the fact that stark is cameoing in the hulk also is beyond cool

where did you hear this?

Figure Fan

The SuperBowl spot looked pretty awesome. The armor looked so realistic when Stark was around his cars..  :blink:

BentonGrey

Hohohoho........I can't WAIT!

|