• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Iron Man Movie

Started by Flying_Infant, April 11, 2007, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

the_ultimate_evil

i did a bit of digging and marvel and ilm have said it is cap's shield but in for fun nothing more

BWPS

You can also see Cap's shield in the background on Stephen Colbert's wall!

Perhaps not the topic for it, but I also just read that the new Captain America movie will be set in WWII, possibly with him just getting frozen at the end, which I think is great. Can we please let Ed Brubaker write the script?!!?!

JeyNyce

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on May 28, 2008, 04:54:36 PM
i did a bit of digging and marvel and ilm have said it is cap's shield but in for fun nothing more

Yeah, it was sort of an easter egg to see how many people would catch it.

BlueBard

Quote from: JeyNyce on May 29, 2008, 11:33:45 AM
Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on May 28, 2008, 04:54:36 PM

Yeah, it was sort of an easter egg to see how many people would catch it.

I totally missed it.  Are there any linkies to screens?

stumpy

It's in the seen where Stark's robot assistant is trying to get the suit on him and Pepper Potts walks in on him. The "Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing" scene. I don't want to direct link because so many links are to sites where people don't feel like grownups unless they swear, but this google search should get you there.

Protomorph

stumpy

BTW, seeing some of the clips, I was thinking I might try to catch this again tomorrow, as sort of a last hurrah before it leaves the local theaters. They are still showing on three screens at the local googolplex, so I called to see which times will be on the large screen (with better sound) tomorrow. The answer? None of them. It hasn't been on the large screen for two weeks. "So, umm, what will be on the large screen tomorrow?" The Sex and the City movie. %@#$*!?! It's not even a special effects movie.  :thumbdown:

lugaru

Quote from: stumpy on May 29, 2008, 05:52:10 PM
The Sex and the City movie. %@#$*!?! It's not even a special effects movie.  :thumbdown:

I hear that all the hand bags are generated with CGI to save money.

Just watched Iron Man last night and I really loved it. I think it is a great characterization of Tony and hopefully that will help lighten him up a little bit in the mainstream book.

zuludelta

Quote from: stumpy on May 29, 2008, 05:52:10 PM"So, umm, what will be on the large screen tomorrow?" The Sex and the City movie. %@#$*!?! It's not even a special effects movie.  :thumbdown:

Considering how long it's been since the last Sex and the City episode, they probably needed special effects to get the cast to look good.

Alaric

Finally saw the movie (on my birthday)- yeah, better late than never. Thought it was great- definitely one of the best superhero movies ever made (sorry, the Incredibles still gets the number one spot,  as far as I'm concerned). Finally, a superhero movie, based on a long-time comic-book character, that really feels like a serious movie, from beginning to end (Batman Begins almost managed it, but a few scenes, including that absurd batmobile that seemed like it belonged in a completely different movie, took away a bit from that aspect). At the same time, it was incredibly true to the source material. The effects were amazing, the acting was great, the script was mostly very good. I really felt like I was seeing Iron Man- the guy from the comic book.

I had a few quibbles- for one thing, it took my until aabout a third of the way through the movie to get used to Tony's voice- nothing like the way I've always heard him in my head. More importantly, James Rhodes didn't seem that close to the comic version, and Happy should have gotten at least one actual scene somewhere in the movie.

I may add some more comments later.

BWPS

Quote from: lugaru on May 31, 2008, 06:48:18 AM
Quote from: stumpy on May 29, 2008, 05:52:10 PM
The Sex and the City movie. %@#$*!?! It's not even a special effects movie.  :thumbdown:
I hear that all the hand bags are generated with CGI to save money.

Hey, I don't know if you made it up or not, but that was a very clever and funny joke. It made me laugh.

Midnite

Marvel too cheap to sign director Jon Favreau for IM2

Wow, if this is really true. That's just sad. DC should sign him up for a Green Lantern movie.  :thumbup:

stumpy

I don't know enough about putting together a big-budget, action, special effects picture like this to really understand what all a director brings to the overall success of the movie, along with writers, actors, special effects people, DPs, producers, etc. But, whatever everyone's role, I think it's fair to say they hit the bullseye with Iron Man. If what Favreau is asking is reasonable, then it seems foolish to change direction without a pretty good reason.

I also found it troubling that Marvel may be rushing production of IM2 to hit a Spring '10 release with basically nothing on the table (script, etc.) at this point. They'd do better to get it right than to get it fast, IMO. I think Iron Man is a great superhero movie, but I feel absolutely no obligation to watch Iron Man II if it seems they half-arsed it, presuming (as Sanchez implies) that fans will show up because the first one was so good. (I'm not saying they're wrong in that presumption, just that it won't affect my decision.)

bredon7777

What I want to know is what idiot blew Stark's cameo in the Hulk movie in the most recent tv spot?

Talk about dumb marketing decisions.

crimsonquill

Okay, according to Newsarama the director annoucement is official now... Favreau signs on for Iron Man 2 although the news seems to come from a Marvel source who didn't like how Favreau was dealing with the lack of communication.  :blink:

Full report here: http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/07/10/report-favreau-signs-on-for-iron-man-2/

- CrimsonQuill

stumpy

If Favreau's back on board, then I'm happy.

And, honestly, to heck with Nikki Finke. I don't have much confidence in her reportage (anyone remember the Robinov incident?) in general and she didn't say anything to justify her comments on Favreau. (BTW, despite her implication, the rumor wasn't that Marvel wasn't going to pay Favreau more for the second movie than for the first, it was that they weren't going to pay him enough, considering how cheaply he worked on the first one and how well it did.) If the initial IESB reports were true that Marvel was talking about a release date for the sequel before even bringing Favreau to the table, then he has every right to complain about it. If I work on a project and it's a big success and then the owners announce a deadline for part 2 without even talking to me, then they are either planning on doing the sequel without me or being very presumptuous about my time. That is all the more so when the new deadline will be a tough one to meet anyway and much of the early work (like having a script) isn't even underway.

Anyway, like I said, whatever the underlying machinations, the team that worked on the current Iron Man movie put out an excellent product, IMO, and I am happy they are getting that team back together for the sequel.

|