• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

What is your new Star Trek?

Started by Spring Heeled Jack, April 03, 2007, 09:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Heeled Jack

I've posted a thread like this before, but I can't find it. And it's a topic I enjoy speculating on, so:

If you were in charge of developing the bible (the comprehensive plot, characters, direction, tone, &c. of a series) for a new Star Trek series, what would you do?

I still cling to the thought of a Federation diplomatic corps that would put out the fires set by the aftermath of the Dominion War. They'd be aboard a starship, but frequently there'd be time spent on Earth too. The series would focus on expanding the cultural and social institutions of the Federation, Cardassians, Romulans, Klingons, Bajorans, Borg, and the Delta, Beta and Gamma Quadrants. That's the stuff I really enjoy.

But what about you?

Protomorph

As I said before, I would cross Trek with Law and Order and Jag.

Spring Heeled Jack

I remember your saying that. 'Cause then I thought about changing the premise to more of a Starfleet Command-based series, with Federation attaches.

House Quake

I would go the route of Star Fleet Acadamy.  IMO... itseamed like the 'natural' direction to go with the next show instead of.... 'ughhh' Enterprise.
I would make it sort of edgy... maybe set up a new threat lingering out there somewhere tlo give the cadets focus of a clear and present danger.  I could even see the show deriving some ideas from 'Starship Troopers' and 'Wing Commander'... but better.

thanoson

I like the Law and Order idea.
Captain- Judy Tanuta
Number 1- Emo Phillips
Security Chief/Engineer- Crispin Glover

Special guess star alien- Christopher Walken or Kevin Spacy

Edit: This was originally my cast for Law and Order: Meter Maid

Emo Phillips "Excuuuse me miss, I believe your car is parked here illegally"
Crispin Glover " It is. I chalked this tire 4 hours ago. It's only a two hour parking Zone. That's two hours over the limit. That's against the law."

Gremlin

GhostMachine

First of all, I think Enterprise should be disregarded as canon; the entire series should be tossed out of continiuty, as it didn't jibe with other things that already been established in other series.

What they should have done instead of Enterprise was a series featuring Will Riker in command of his own ship; I know it was rumored to be under consideration at the time. They could very will still do it. There are series of novels called Star Trek Titan out, featuring that; Captain Riker's ship (I believe Titan is the ship's name). However, I haven't read the books so I have no idea who is on the crew except Troi. Tuvok might be, because he's on the cover of one of the books, but then again he could just be making a guest appearance in that book.

Barring that, I'd prefer to see a series that takes place after the TNG era; about as far after it as TNG is after TOS. And with no Borg whatsoever in it; the Borg have been severely overused, and quite frankly I'd be happy if they were never used again (except Seven of Nine, of course). Unfortunately, we'd probably end up with characters being decendants of pre-existing characters, and there's only one way I'd like to see a series with that in it:

A series that takes place after TOS featuring a ship crewed by Kirk's illegitimate children.  :P

What I would like to see is a series with a commanding officer who isn't human; but I don't want a Klingon or Vulcan in command, either; maybe a member of a race we either haven't seen a lot of or haven't even seen at all before.

udasu

I once GM'd a Federation 'Special Forces' ST campaign that was fun. It ran the adventure spectrum, from rescue missions, to articfact recovery, smuggling, kidnaping, and rescuing defectors. Of course, when they finally almost got caught, Jean-Luc and Co. came to their rescue.

Protomorph

I wouldn't mind seeing a series featuring the Enterprise B, after Kirk and CO, but not that far.

Toxic_J

I'd love to see another serie that played like DS9. So far it's my favorite Star Trek serie. Maybe have some new radical group threaten the Federation from within, kinda like Section 31, while everyone is still rebuilding after the Dominion war. They would threaten the morals and guidelines that the Feds have held high for so long. It's just a quick thought I had.

I've always enjoyed seeing the new races that they'd run into but I'd like to see how the Federation holds their own against the major races in the Alpha Quadrant.

Spring Heeled Jack

I wanna see more Breen and Tholians!

Agent

I'd like to see something showing the ST universe from a different perspective.  Maybe a show set on board a Klingon starship.

thalaw2

I would like to see a series based on the Relativity, the time traveling ship from Voyager.  That way they can go back and forth through time.

Camma

Quote from: House Quake on April 03, 2007, 09:39:42 PM
I would go the route of Star Fleet Acadamy.  IMO... itseamed like the 'natural' direction to go with the next show instead of.... 'ughhh' Enterprise.
I would make it sort of edgy... maybe set up a new threat lingering out there somewhere tlo give the cadets focus of a clear and present danger.  I could even see the show deriving some ideas from 'Starship Troopers' and 'Wing Commander'... but better.

Im definetly on-board with Quake here.  I would love to see something oriented around the Academy and the training and growth.  The best thing is that they could easily place it anywhere in the timeline.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I would love to see something based on the Section 31 files audio series.  A bit more grim and gritty, where they don't always play very nice, but still seek to save the Federation--even though the Federation itself doesn't really like them.

Kenn

I'm like third man down the pecking order ("Associate producer") so I don't make the big calls.

http://www.twerponline.net/eras/