• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Dr. Who Season 3

Started by bredon7777, April 02, 2007, 09:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bredon7777

Magic Elves have gifted me with the first episode of season 3, and if you have any interest in quality tv, I implore you to seek out the magic elves and watch it yourselves.

"Smith and Jones" continues the amazingly high standards that Dr. Who has set. It's funny, scary, sad and frightenting all in the same hour.  David Tennant gives another standout performance as the Doctor, and Freema Agyeman's Martha Jones pulls of a miracle and comes darn close to making me forget Billie Piper's Rose Tyler.  Not that the Doctor forgets- oh no.  Once again, certain Tv shows; heck certain comic book companies could take continuity lessons here.

I'll keep this first post spoiler freem because the eppy has been out for only a couple of days. If there's interest, I may go into spoilers in further posts.  But for now, let me say this -"The Doctor is back - and he's better than ever".

(The only bad part is how despondent it makes me over the quality of American televison. Seriously- there's less than 5 shows on the air over here currently that even come close to touching this; and none of them quite make it)

B A D

Gods, I don't want to look at this thread, but I have to.

Glad to hear it continues on such a high level of quality.

cmdrkoenig67

I saw the first ep too...Wonderful stuff.  I really like Freema/Martha...I think she'll be great. 

I agree with Bredon, the continuity in this series is spot on and we even learn another little secret about the Doctor.  I also agree about American TV...I can't stand to watch most of the tripe on the tube....I hate, hate, hate reality shows...I'd love to see shows that are more creative and interesting, like Doctor Who here in the states.

Dana :thumbup:

Talavar

I agree that it was a delightful episode, but the comparisons aren't really fair for other shows.  I mean, it's not like British TV is crawling with other shows like Dr. Who either.  Good TV shows are like rare gems, and this is one of the best.

As to Martha Jones, I like that she seems a little more capable, shall I say, than Rose.  I liked Rose, don't get me wrong, but she wasn't exactly a rocket scientist.

Sevenforce

Only thing non-spoilery I can say...

SHAKESPEARE RULES!

Bujin

And it doesn't hurt that Martha is a major cutie.   :)

bredon7777

Now see, I thought this episode a bit of a letdown from last week; it seemed a tad silly and contrived- and some of the pop culture references were a bit over the top.

Still a so-so episode of Doctor Who is better than the best episodes of 99% of TV, so...