• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

mesh help request

Started by bearded, April 02, 2007, 03:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

is there a way to hotkey verts so i can easily locate areas in a model?  other than detaching and reattaching so i can use element.

Volsung

Yup! with the 'named selection sets'

You know i'm not ashamed to make nif models with multiple parts, it's quicker for rigging.

bearded

Quote from: Volsung on April 02, 2007, 03:17:42 AM
Yup! with the 'named selection sets'

You know i'm not ashamed to make nif models with multiple parts, it's quicker for rigging.
that looks perfect...where is it?  i've got 4.2 and i can't find named selection sets...
also, i'm working on a female timm...i don't know if i should release it...don't want to steal your thunder, and your work is better than mine.  those timm's are harder to make than i thought.  maybe i could release one as a place holder until you get around to females?

Volsung

I did not see your answer!
I don't got max 4.2 but the selection set is in the standart toolbar.Between snap toggle and mirror you can't miss it!

Sorry that you had to wait my answer for timm_female.
You released here since and that's a good thing, I don't own timmverse monopoly^^

bearded

i haven't released yet, still working on her.  i want to fix up the chest area and make some more custom animations.
i've noticed, i can alter a mesh, then 'convert to editable mesh', and it resets the mesh, with the alterations as a base.  is there a way to do that with animations?  using inverse kinetics.  what i mean is, if i change each keyframe, then they are all red, right?  so, if i go to the begining of an animation and change something, i now have to go to every single keyframe and make the change, instead of just going to the end.  i need a way to get rid of all the reds without changing the movement.

Volsung

I used to practice biped, but i'm not sure that i understand (that's why I asked some skilled friends)
But can you describe a precise exemple?

bearded

if you open male basic and look at the idle animation, then click on animate, then click on any of the leg bones, you will notice that every single keyframe is red.  if you want to change the leg position you have to change every single keyframe, instead of being able to use inverse kinetics.  you can delete the reds, and it works on that animation, but not on all of them.  is there a way to get rid of the red animation block without changing the animation?

Volsung

Well I can tell you what i know.(Maybe it was not the case with max 4)

When you create a key ,in your track bar it's white or in 3 colours
Red for translation, green for rotation, and blue for scaling.
If you right click on your trackbar and set the filter to 'current transform'
You'll be able to see only the keys that fit your mode (translation,rotation or scaling)
You'll be able to delete precise key to benefit of the interpolation.

tommyboy

Quote from: bearded on April 05, 2007, 07:16:56 AM
if you open male basic and look at the idle animation, then click on animate, then click on any of the leg bones, you will notice that every single keyframe is red.  if you want to change the leg position you have to change every single keyframe, instead of being able to use inverse kinetics.  you can delete the reds, and it works on that animation, but not on all of them.  is there a way to get rid of the red animation block without changing the animation?

Use other keyframes.
Thats only the case with certain kfs, and certain animations.
Most are set up the way you want.