• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

DC's Black Hand

Started by USAgent, March 31, 2007, 06:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USAgent

Hey guys, I'm looking for some ideas for the green Lantern villain Black hand.  Here is what I got so far:

Black hand

str     -3
spd    -4
agility -4
end    -4
energy- ????

attributes
-flier
-illusionist- ive seen him greate a duplicate of himself to trick Latern
-I'm looking for a attribute to simulate him having no energy unless its absorbed somehow, I was gonna use energy tanks, but he still regenerates energy to a point.

powers:

-basic melee
-a couple beam attacks (crushing and piercing)to simulate his ability to copy lanterns beam powers
-passive defense- energy and radiation absorption, I dont know how to make him only absorb Lanterns powers, plus I would like him to be able to fight others instead of Lantern.  He needs to be able to absorm Lantern's crushing beam attacks but that would make him absorb anything crushing. 
-active defense- ????

Thats all I have so far, I would like him to be a little more creative though. Also I'm trying to make the 70's-80's version, not the life absorbing new version.

Thanks for any input!

The Hitman

The attributes I'd use would be Slow Starter and Battery Powered (I think), along with the ones you've mentioned. That way, he'd start off with no energy, would not recharge his energy, and would have room for extra energy storage.

On the passive defense, just set it to only absorb beams, projectiles, and/ or direct attacks, and absorb crushing, radiation, and energy. This'll cause hime to absorb crushing beams, but not punches.

Hope this helps!

BentonGrey

Hmm, Slow Starter and Battery Powered...looks like I need to adjust my version.  Thanks man!

USAgent

Battery powered is what i was thinking too, but I was thinking that once the energy was used up, it wouldnt regenerate, but with absorbing powers it will.  I dont know why I didnt think of keeping the passive devense for beam/projectiles only, that will leave me with the option to give him a crushing defense without having to worry about melee.  Thanks hitman!

Also does anyone think he should have a energy leach attack (beam or direct?), it would simulate him sucking the power from individuals, but also it would mean draining the energy off anybody (batman?)

BentonGrey

I give him one, it adds flexibility and makes him more of a threat.

The Hitman

Yeah, that would work fine.