• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Aquaman Pilot

Started by BentonGrey, March 10, 2007, 02:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I just saw that the unaired pilot is now available to watch FOR FREE on AOLTV.com.  So, if you still haven't seen it, and you're simply too cheap to shell out the couple bucks to get it on ITunes check it out here:

http://video.aol.com/video-category/in2tv-sci-fi/1716

However, if you like it, PLEASE buy it on ITunes, if there is enough interest, there is still the chance it could be picked up after Smallville goes off the air.  It really is a great show, and I hope you'll give it a chance.

Midnite

I actually like the pilot episode, but I prefer WB do a Green Arrow show. I can see that actor as Oliver Queen instead of Arthur Curry.

BentonGrey

Ahh, see, I saw him as Aquaman first, and he is always going to be a young Arthur Curry to me.  He just seems off playing Ollie.

UnkoMan

To be honest... I never liked that pilot. But I also can't stand Smallville, and they have the same sort of tone.

BentonGrey

Really?  You're the first person I've heard that didn't like it.  What didn't you like about it? 

I rather enjoyed how it had a little less of the teen angst that plagues Smallville.

lugaru

Now I will never know if he read that book...

Seriosly It could of had a crossover audience between baywatch and buffy but aquaman is seen as a bit of a joke outside the comic community (and in some instances within) so it didint have much of a chance to begin with.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Why didn't it?

CW originally planned on picking it up.  I don't know for sure, but they dropped it around the same time that they changed their minds about dropped Seventh Heaven.  Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me.

Yes, Aquaman is often a joke, but this series looked pretty dog-gone cool, and would have been, too.

BentonGrey

Ditto.  I loved it, unabashedly, and that's not just because I am an Aquaman fan.  I actually became much more a fan of his after I saw the pilot and realized that he really has a LOT of potential.

UnkoMan

You'd think I would like it... I've got a terrible fondness for Aquaman.

But, I don't know. It just seemed like a rehash of things I've seen before. Like they were trying their danged hardest to take things that are popular and apply them to Aquaman in a vain effort to make him cool.

Heck, maybe it's just because I want to see an Aquaman show about Aquaman being the king of danged Atlantis and swimming around in his crazy fish fined tights.

BentonGrey

Haha, well Unko, maybe if Bruce Timm makes the Aquaman animated movie we'll get that wish.

lugaru

Warner executives: "we have this guy working for us... Bruce Timm... and all his projects are highly successful. We should find out what he does and apply it to our movies!"

Lowly underling: "Well he's extremely faithful to the characters, if not in origin at least in spirit"

Warner Executives: "Yeah but fans dont care about THAT, what do you think his secret is?"

About Aquaman I could see myself watching it from time to time but not exactly bragging about it given the poochie feel they gave the character.