• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Sneak Peek WIP (3/6/07)

Started by ND-Art, March 05, 2007, 02:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ND-Art

Does anybody know how to make an object disappear and reappear when animating a character in 3ds max? Like when you pull a knife from behind the back. Thanks in advance.

P.S. The model I'm working on has a hammer that she uses.

Protomorph

Most use a trick that enlarges the item when it is called for, and shrinks it to more or less nothing when it isn't.

yell0w_lantern

clone all of your keys from frame 0 to frame 1
go to dope sheet and move the note key of start -idle from frame 0 to frame 1
on frame 0 make all of your extra stuff that you need to appear/disappear 100 on all three axes under the animation panel
then on frame 1 make them all .001 on all 3 axes
when you need it to appear set the scale key to 100 on the frame it appears (set .001 on the frame right before. Then when you want it to disappear, set the scale key to .001 (make the frame right before 100)

ND-Art

Thanks guys for your help, I finally figured out how to fix the animations. By the way here's who I've been working on. [spoiler]
Natasha Irons / Steel IV

[/spoiler]

I still have a lot of work to do on it but it's coming along.

Blkcasanova247

Previsionary

that's looking pretty cool. BTW, are you still working on your joker mesh?

Carravaggio

that looks impressive. her uncle john could prolly use a character specific update as well...

ND-Art

Quote from: Previsionary on March 06, 2007, 10:47:48 PM
that's looking pretty cool. BTW, are you still working on your joker mesh?
Well, after learning more about 3ds Max I decided to remodel the Joker mesh and improve on my previous skins as well.

Quote from: Carravaggio on March 07, 2007, 12:18:17 AM
that looks impressive. her uncle john could prolly use a character specific update as well...
My free time is really limited but I do plan on skinning and meshing different characters from the DC Universe, including a new Steel mesh.

the_ultimate_evil

who said joker, why am i out of the loop

UnfluffyBunny

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 07, 2007, 05:37:48 AM

ND-Art is working on the joker from the "the batman" cartoon series, he previewed it on original freedom a while back, and it looks very cool ;)

the_ultimate_evil

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on March 07, 2007, 07:06:21 AM
Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 07, 2007, 05:37:48 AM

ND-Art is working on the joker from the "the batman" cartoon series, he previewed it on original freedom a while back, and it looks very cool ;)

ahhh crud, i'm sure it will be great but i cant stand that DBZ rip off joker

BentonGrey

Haha, same here.  Still, I'm sure it will be a great piece of work :)

konbiz

Yay, more meshers, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:, and a good mesher it seems. Awsome job so far, looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

kssaints

Hey Ms. Irons looks great so far. That's one I am glad to see is being done. Always kind of liked the tough little sis of John Henry.

lugaru

Oh I saw that joker way back... it was sick. Honestly dont rush or anything but you know Im looking foward to any release coming from you.

m101969

:thumbup: Well, when it's available, I would be happy to get 1.  It looks great!  Your mesh would work for a female rendition of a char of mine whom I had previously assumed to be male.  Funny how that works...  :D  So I'm guessing this is a post (modern) Crisis character that I have not yet seen.

Even if it's a "what-if?" type design, I really like it! (redundancy is my Other skill) :doh: