• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

LOSH Herofile Thread

Started by Ganymede Zero, February 28, 2007, 01:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganymede Zero

Since I've been a big fan of the Legion and I remembered some of you guys making great herofiles for characters like starboy and sensorgirl I wanted to start this thread so we could share ideas and recipes on the various characters of the legion universe^^

Juanjete

good idea!! i love the Losh, but i´m very lost with their powers

Talavar

Well, Cosmic Boy is basically Magneto, though probably less powerful.  He can make a magnetic field (active defence), should have the MAGNETIC attribute, assuming you're using FFX, FLIER (which all of the Legion should have), relatively base-line stats except a higher energy, maybe a direct knockback attack, a projectile piercing attack to represent controlling metal debris, maybe a stasis attack as well, to represent holding someone with debris.  I'll sum up another later.

laughing paradox

I've actually debated if all the LOSH members should have the same Passive Defense: Legion Transuits.

These Transuits allow the Legion to remain in space for long periods of time. If that's the case, that means the Transuits give them resistance again the cold, radiation and perhaps even heat as ranged, area and direct? I'm not sure if those Transuits also act as a general shield against things like energy or crushing attacks, but that would make the Legion way too strong on a Passive Defense.

For Sensor Girl, I love the Attribute called the Illusionist in FFX3.2. (I believe that's what it's called. It's where you create a copy of yourself, or any other template, and your foe attacks them instead of you.) The cool thing about Sensor Girl is that you could even use Toadify as her ultimate power. Since Sensor Girl's powers are to alter people's sense of reality, she could easily make someone believe they were living as a frog and see things from a frog's perspective. A blind attack is essential for Sensor Girl as well. Enhanced Senses is another attribute to be used for her.

Starboy, I'm still working on to make right. Of course you can use Density Max and Stasis, but I think that may be about it. Perhaps a Speed Reduction attack as well? I'm not sure if he could use an Active Defense, making crushing and piercing projectiles get too heavy before they reach him, so that it doesn't even touch him. (Regular defense, as opposed to redirect or absorb)

stumpy

Good ideas, lp. I like your Sensor Girl especially. The LSH is my favorite supergroup, but many of the characters are pretty tough to do in a way that gives them the flavor of the comic characters. E.g., Brainiac 5, Triplicate Girl, etc.

BTW, I wouldn't give the legionaires any in-game power or attribute to represent the transuits because they represent resistances to damage in only very specific circumstances that don't come up in the game much. E.g., the suits must protect from cold and the negative gage pressure of space (crushing), but they are never shown to confer any protection from those things when they are normal attacks.

The flight rings are a standard item, though.

As an aside, Density Max doesn't really work right in the game against AI characters (those that the PC controls). It will bring them out of the air and they will be slowed, but fliers can start flying again immediately. This is likely because the effect just removes the Fly command from the right-click list so players can't use it, but the AIs don't use the list to start flying, so it doesn't stop them.

JKCarrier

How do you guys handle Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Triad? I've been using "Inner Being" to create her double, but I'd like to hear other ideas.

Stone Boy of the Substitue Heroes has the power to turn into an immobile stone statue. I gave him Shapeshifter and made his Temporary Form with no attacks, high defenses, Fastball, and a Speed of 1. So basically, all he can do is stand around, draw enemy fire, and if they're desperate his teammates can use him as a projectile.  :D Is there a way to make him completely immobile in stone form?

laughing paradox

For Triad, I also use Inner Reserve. (I made the mistake of using Summoner, and found myself battling several Triads. Yeesh!) Of course, they can all fly.

I made the main Triad with normal strength, speed, energy and endurance. Her agility is one level above normal, thanks to her Tri-jitsu. Her attacks are all melee attacks, whether it's a simple punch, or a three-hit combo. (It's all about the 3's!)

For one of her Inner Reserve characters, Triad (Left) everything is pretty much the same, except I've given her the Attribute of Timid and a level lower in strength as well, but one extra agility.

For Triad (Right), I gave her Fearless and made her one level stronger than the main Triad.

I'll go through all my LOSH in time.

By the way, I noticed that Density Max didn't stop my foes from flying! I figured it was just a 'bug' and I let it pass, but it's good to know that it's for everyone. I wish there was a way to fix that, but at least it does slow them down. I guess having both Density Max and Speed Decrease is a bit redundant, so use what's best for you. Stasis should definitely be in the mix, though, for Starboy. I also gave Starboy a very heavy punch that causes moderate knockback, to mimic the fact that he can make his fist heavier.

stumpy

I would give Star Boy an invisble beam attack (to mimic a direct) swapped to gravity increase. It slows down opponents and does damage if their strength isn't enough or if they are hit multiple times.

Panther_Gunn

I was wondering how long it was going to take before Tommyboy or I piped up in here.  ;)

Sometimes it makes a difference if we're talking about Pre-Crisis LSH or the current title (has any team been retconned as much as the Legion has???).  I think some (maybe many) of the characters have been changed more than a bit with all of the tinkering that's gone on in the last 15 years or so.  For future referrences, all of my info concerns the LSH while there was still a Clark Kent/Superboy as an accepted part of the DC Universe.  Also, all of my hero files are for  :ff: only.

For Duo Damsel/Triplicate Girl, I've just been using Clone self, just with different power costs.  Granted, this was before FFX really got into gear with attributes.  DD's costs her most of her energy (set to High), while TG's I dropped down to Medium.

Star Boy I gave two beam attacks (along with a melee), Increase Density (Density Max), to reflect making someone heavier, and Density Max (Stasis), representing when he makes someone so heavy they can't move at all.  I also gave him an Active Defense (as opposed to Inactive, since he needs to know the attack's coming to counter it, technically) Gravity Barrier, which blocks anything that would have a physical form (crushing, piercing, acid), from melee, ranged, and area.  I think I debated on adding fire & cold in there as well, but since most of those attacks are usually some form of energy that just delivers that kind of damage, I left them out.

Cosmic Boy I gave quite a few powers to, since he's been around so long he's become very versatile with his powers (now that I think about it, I might add some of these to Magneto).  A Magnetic Repulsion beam (low crushing, high knockback), a Magnetic Shrapnel projectile (low crushing, no area.....might rethink this one), and three direct attacks: Magnetic Burst (Disrupt Object), Increase Magnetic Field (Density Max), and Magnetic Stasis.  He's also got a Passive D, Magnetic Field (set to crushing/piercing, melee/ranged, deflect, inactive, rare), and an Active D, Magnetic Barrier (same damages, add area, long dur.).  For attributes (besides the obvious two) I gave him Level Headed (he's been typically shown to keep his cool during battle) and Heat Sensitive (since magnetism gets weaker when it's near a heat source).

btw, the transuits are pretty much only used in a hazardous environment, and while they all have access to them, they don't always carry them around (unless they're on one of their ships!).

Sensor Girl is one I've been having trouble with.  Same with Shadow Lass (and her Darksied clone), Chemical King, and Chameleon Boy (can't think of enough other meshes to use for Shapeshifter).  Most of the rest I've got something working.  However, if someone can come up with a good hero file for Matter-Eater Lad, let me know!  :lol:

laughing paradox

I have the Matter Eater Lad mesh and I still don't know what to do with it. If I figure anything out with it, I'll post it here.

Great idea with the swap for gravity increase. My only gripe, and it's a slight gripe, is that sometimes the swaps don't really work well in FFX3.2, which is very unfortunate.

For Chameleon Boy's other forms, I use the Alien mesh and the Brood mesh. Just to be silly, I've also used a Frankenstein mesh with Cham, because he's kind of funny that way. I've recently received a Fing Fang Foom mesh and think that I may add that to Cham's shapeshifting as well.

JKCarrier

For Matter-Eater Lad, the best I could come up with was to give him a really powerful piercing melee attack. Then it's just up to the player to "role play" him correctly and only use it on inanimate objects (or robots -- remember when he bit off Pulsar Stargrave's nose?  :lol: ). It would be cool if there was a way for him to "neutralize" characters with the Trick Shot, Utility Belt, or Weapons Master attributes -- i.e., he eats their weapons. ("Ha, not so tough now, are you Green Arrow?")

For Chemical King, I use the more exotic damage types like Stasis, Irradiate, Molecular Excitation, Genetic Damage, Energize, Power Null -- anything that sounds like it could be the result of speeding up or slowing down a chemical reaction.

tommyboy

I had to deal with all these and more in my Perma-stalled Legion of Superheroes Mod.
Cham got Oakman, Dragon, Manbull, Raptor, Pigeon and Pteradactyl forms. Although supposedly he never took on the powers or abilities of creatures he mimicked in the comics, the rule was often bent or broken, as were the rules about him changing mass or size. With that in mind Dragon was ultimate hardcase form, flight, flamebreath, some melee. Oakman was a Brick, durable and stronger than cham normally was. Manbull also a strong scrapper, but with the bellow and charges made a nice change. Raptor was fast and agile, with nice piercing damage. Pigeon was for fast flight scouting and Pteradactyl for air combat(though these last two almost never get used). I gave them all fancy alien names ie Rigellian Dragon Beast, Arnomian Dryad etc.

Triplicate/Duplicate/Triad got  Summoner and a few melees. I'm afraid that she ends up pretty useless against anyone who might give Superboy or Timberwolf trouble.(Not to be sexist and ageist, but three teenaged girls, even if they do know tri-jitsu don't exactly inspire fear).

Star Boy got density control, densitymax, an energy beam with density Max special, and some gravity-swapped melees and energy beams, which tended to be a bit too powerful against any but the toughest foes.He also got a 'gravity' stasis direct, renamed alchemiss lift area, a 'gravity field' area with density max AND speed decrease.

Cosmic boy got lots of Magneto type powers, shoves,energy beams, force field, "magnetize" swaps and of course "magnetic2" attrib.

Matter Eater lad got  Ironguts and Metal Eater attribs, and not much more. I was as stumped as everyone else.

Chemical King   got acidify(acid), phosphorous(flame), drain energy(energy draw), stop catalysis(stasis), stop powers(power null), use oxygen (area sp.weaken).

And so on and so on...the biggest problems were coming up with reasons why anybody would ever want a squad that was other than superboy, supergirl, mon-el, ultraboy. :P
I mean, are you really going to pick Bouncing boy, MatterEater lad, Duo Damsel and Invisible kid to fight the Fatal Five or the legion of supervillains?

Ganymede Zero

Wow this thread has really come to life! Anyways I was also thinking of Matter-eating lad and wondered if maybe the escapeologist attribute might work to simulate him eating through ropes, chains and stuff.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: tommyboy on March 03, 2007, 08:33:33 AMthe biggest problems were coming up with reasons why anybody would ever want a squad that was other than superboy, supergirl, mon-el, ultraboy. :P

I can tell you one good example.  In the Instant action scenarios in the Danger Room, I take the Ranzz twins, Wildfire, and Polar Boy against the Mr. Mechanical missions.  Element Lad is always a good, all-purpose choice.  Polar Boy, with his freezing, is useful against just about anybody that doesn't have a big resistance to cold.  Timber Wolf & Karate Kid are good for the Thug missions (with Element Lad and some other energy/fire/cold beamer, for back-up on Pinstripe).  And, technically, while both Kal & Kara were members of the Legion, they were rarely ever there together, and not always available, so it would make sense in the mod to not always have them accessible for a team.  Given that, though, without knowing what's coming up, having Mon-El on any team is practically a must.  :P

BitBiteOuch

Anyone know how to make Brainiac 5 fun? I just can't get a decent hero file on this guy...

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BitBiteOuch on March 05, 2007, 04:55:00 PM
Anyone know how to make Brainiac 5 fun? I just can't get a decent hero file on this guy...

Try to think more in terms of what he's invented, rather than just his "power".  The Force Field belt being the primary one, I've got it being used three different ways in my hero file.  As an Active Defense (obviously), as a Stasis attack, and as a beam of concussive energy.....think of the invisible fields that The Invisible Woman can use.