• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Crime Syndicate of Amerika

Started by Ganymede Zero, February 22, 2007, 07:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ganymede Zero

I remember way back AA made some good herofiles for these guys especially owlman, does anyone remember them?

BentonGrey

I'd be interested in this too, as I was just going to copy all of their real counterparts and rename them for Grey's DCU.  If there are differences, I'd like to know, so I can do a better job of it.

Panther_Gunn

Are we talking Pre- or Post-Crisis?  From the spelling, I'd guess Post, but wanted to check.

BentonGrey

I'm interested in Post, as far as that goes.

quiet

I did some research on these guys and had a similar post prior to losing the boards.  I had created them as built in but of course I lost all that, still a sore point.  Here's the basics from what I remember

here's a disclaimer:  some of the powers an attributes on these guys are not defined in the comics and are somewhat nebulous.  transferring characters to FF is never an exact science especially in this case.  Feel free to educate me if some of this info is incorrect.

Ultraman, the leader of the CSA was antrornaut that was experimented on by an alien that gave him his powers.  He is powers are fueld by a shard of kryptonite he keeps near his chest.  He is essentially the equal of superman in power and abilities except he does not have the super breath and is not vulnerable to kryptonite.

Superwoman, The lois lane of this world has powers comparable to wonder woman except she has heat vision and her lasso can make people reveal their greatest fears or maybe its their desires?

Power Ring, similar to green lantern except the ring is cursed by a being called Volthoom or something like that, volthoom feeds of the wearer.  The wearer is always looking to trick someone into taking the ring from them. I think this joker is also a bit of a coward so the timid attribute might be appropriate as well.

Johnny Quick, just like the flash, except his speed powers are from a drug that he is addicted to. I used metabolic speed attribute and energy tanks to show the effects of the drug.

owlman, the brother of his world's bruce wayne.  I believe his father and bruce were both killed.  He is very similar to bats except he kills people all the time and he fires his razorrangs.  Also there is a jla comic that Renegade gave a specific animation to his owlman mesh from.  Owlman places a neuro-scrambler on the Martian Manhunter that took him out.  I use a high stun elecrical attack to make use of that awesome animation

Hope that helps

catwhowalksbyhimself

Actually, it's Bruce and Mrs. Wayne that died.  Mr. Wayne is his arch-enemy and commissioner of the police.

BentonGrey

Hey guys, anyone know anything about Aquaman's counterpart, Barracuda?

AfghanAnt

Barracuda never really appeared on panel. The Barracuda skin you may have (which was created by me) is simply based on a name Morrison throw out during his JLA run along with Venusian Womanhunter.

mundxanth

Barracuda did actually appear.  He was leading the Atlantian forces to invade the surface world when the JLA freed all the captured heroes from Justice Underground.

Carravaggio

yeah it was for one lousy panel, he pretty much was just a guy in a blue jumpsuit with a sspikey helmet, pretty uninspired actually. i'd say go with AA's version.