• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Wingzero's Meshes

Started by wingzero2525, February 22, 2007, 10:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingzero2525

i guess i'll show the only model i'm anywhere close to finishing anytime soon  ^_^ its a generic remake of 2 of the first meshes i've ever made

i wonder if they ever made a FF plugin for exporting maya models since thats what i made this one in....i find maya is better to use then max but thats just me  :P .....so i guess i'll be exporting to max to uv it after i finish the wings unless there is a plugin for maya

UnfluffyBunny

are you modelling this completely from scratch? i'm not 100% on your proportions, any chance of a wires shot? (front, side and back maybe? )

wingzero2525

yeah everything i make now is 100% from scratch  :thumbup:

UnfluffyBunny

from a quick glance i'd say widen the waist slightly, the front of the thighs need a little bringing out (they look painfully dented right now) and maybe bring the head back so it dousnt look like she's lurching forward?
you dont have a bad flow of loops as far as I can see, tho i'm far from an expert, but I can see you'll have alot of problems animating unless you add in some joint allowance

[edit]
just looking again, you might have more sucess wwith the feet modelling them facing slightly outwards, feet dont naturally point forwards and it will show when you animate

[edit 2]
hope you dont mind me posting this, but i tried to example a few things that may (or may not :P) help

first of widened sides, just less abrbie doll :)
secondly small reshaping on the back and legs to give a more natural feel, and finally a few example loops drawn in, on the tail they're continual loops which will help bending in all directions, tho on the legs they're selectively places around the joints to allow bending in specific area to prevent huge clipping issues and keep the poly count down :)

wingzero2525

yeah i didnt put in all the joints yet  :P and havent finished tweaking it....i think i have to lengthen the fingers

BatWing

thats a pretty good process eh :thumbup: