• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

ff heroes convert to ffvttr

Started by blgbadvv0lf, February 22, 2007, 05:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blgbadvv0lf

Is there a simple way to convert my original Freedom Force heroes to Freedom Force vs The Third Reich?

TaskMasterX

Welcome to FR, bigbadwolf. To convert your :ff: hero files to  :ffvstr: you need to:

1. Copy your :ff: hero files to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes

2. Since :ff: hero files look for their meshes and skins in the custom_characters folder, you need to create a custom_characters folder in C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Custom\Art and copy the :ff: meshes there. I'd copy only a few at a time because some meshes may need to be converted. I use EZ Nif Converter 2.0 available at http://www.alexff.com/eznif.php

Remember that meshes have to be in C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters
to be able to view them in the Character Tool2 and to see them in the custom_meshes list when creating hero files from scratch in :ffvstr:

3. Load the game and you should be able to see your hero files. If the game freezes or crashes when you select one of your hero files, it's most likely that that mesh needs to be converted as mentioned in step 2.

blgbadvv0lf

:thumbup:

Thank you very very much.  I have a slew of heroes for  :ff: and I didn't really want to have to completely recreate them for  :ffvstr: