• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Problem with a lightning FX.

Started by Groucho, February 18, 2007, 06:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groucho

I have an FX that I downloaded and installed a while back that's called lightning summons. I can't seem to find the download so I don't have the read me file. I just have the FX and tga files installed in the correct folders. When I use the FX it's supposed to cause a lightning bolt to come down from the sky and strike the target, instead the lightning bolt strikes the character using the power not the target. The target does suffer damage but the FX looks all wrong hitting the character instead of the target. Anyone know how I can fix this?

PS: This isn't the lightning strike FX located on FXFORCE it's another one. The one on FXFORCE does pretty much the same thing and works fine. I just thought the lightning summons looks a little better and I'd perfer getting it to work. Thanks for any help!

Previsionary

*gasp* you actually have one of my old old fx. :P

Anyway, sounds like a ffedit *problem*. This is how I set up the nodes in ffedit (from the readme):

QuoteOpen FFedit-
go to fx tab, and select new. 
type in the name Lightning_Summon and nif base- library\fx\generic\Lightning_Summon

attack type- direct
sub type-

node attachment points-
start- Left Hand
core- leave blank
end- leave blank

hit SAVE.

If that doesnt work, I'd actually need to reinstall it and test. Also, if you have ffvttr, I updated this fx again, JIC you're interested.

Groucho

Hey Previsionary,

Thanks a bunch for the help. Somehow I had it set to Ranged and Beam in FFEDIT. Once I made the change to direct attack it worked. Didn't know you made it though! Thanks for doing it! I like it better than the lightning strike on FXFORCE. For some reason I feel that I can see the lightning better on yours compared to the one on FXFORCE
(that one seems too fast). I know it's just by a fraction of a second or so but my scrambled brain notices it.

I've been downloading FF stuff since the first game came out so I have tons of old stuff. Unfortunately it's been scattered across multiple hard drives and CD-R's. One day I will have to go through all of this stuff and organize it so I know what I have and can find it when I need it. 

I am using it in FFVTTR but if you have an updated version I would love to get it. Is there any place I can download it? or I have downloaded most of your mods for FFVTTR (which are awesome by the way) can I copy it from one of those?

Again THANKS!