• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Just another preview

Started by Valandar, February 15, 2007, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandar

While burned out from the current Dominance War Game Art challenge for a while, I decided to cook up another Transformers : War Within mesh.

Any guesses who it is?

Podmark

I read War Within...I should know this. I want to say Jetfire but I can't be sure.

Valandar

A quick GI preview of the current state of the skin. Still gotta finish the shoulders, and then do the arms and legs. Then it'll be rigging and animation time.

jeremy355

Awesome looking mesh Valander.

Revenant

I reached my "wow" quota for the day. :thumbup:

Valandar

Then this does nothing for you, Revenant?

Urthman

Hmph.  How come my copy of Photoshop doesn't have a "Make this look awesome" button like Val's does?  :P

You rock, Val.   :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Burnout

valander what program do u use to make meshes with

detourne_me

another ridiculously awesome skin/mesh... i'm  assuming real transforming action?

the hip joints and all around physique are standouts in my mind.

darkphoenixII

:thumbup: Impressive as always, Valandar. What's next; a Blackarachnia mesh?  :lol:

-darkphoenixII

Valandar

Quote from: Burnout on February 17, 2007, 08:45:06 AM
valander what program do u use to make meshes with

The same as any other full mesher, 3D Studio Max.

Quote from: darkphoenixII on February 17, 2007, 10:19:03 AM
:thumbup: Impressive as always, Valandar. What's next; a Blackarachnia mesh?  :lol:

-darkphoenixII

Nope. You haven't been around long enough, but with very few exceptions I will not make meshes of the post-Movie crowd, nor of 'generations' past G1. The only exception is I MIGHT do some of the Cybertron/Galaxy Force characters, Classics, War Within / Titanium, and individual characters that strike my fancy. And almost no beastformer strikes my fancy.

Valandar

Meanwhile, the final Ctool shot, including a shot of his jet mode:

http://www.newpowerinc.com/valanderfiles/transformers/WWJetfire.zip until HQ can actually update the site.

The Pwime

QuoteNope. You haven't been around long enough, but with very few exceptions I will not make meshes of the post-Movie crowd, nor of 'generations' past G1. The only exception is I MIGHT do some of the Cybertron/Galaxy Force characters, Classics, War Within / Titanium, and individual characters that strike my fancy. And almost no beastformer strikes my fancy.

Beast Wars never really appealed to me that much either, and it was the Transformers show of my generation.  The concept always seemed stupid to me when I compared it with the original Transformers.

However...this new movie I am totally, totally digging.  I know that so many people hate it because of the designs.  Some wanted something G1, some just don't like the really bizzare (and crumpled up) looks.  I just find it really refreshing.  At first I hated it, now I'm absolutely thrilled with it.  Even so, I can't see a mesh based on a movie character working out in FF.  Way, WAAAAYYY to complex.  There are so many little tiny details and pieces on them that the complexity just wouldn't fit with the relatively simplistic, cartoony feel of FF.

...unless it was like a total mod that changes every texture in the game, but that's both ridiculous and almost impossible.  :blink:

Lord Elcorion

i like the look of this one. your transformers were always really awsome.

Valandar

Quote from: The Pwime on February 17, 2007, 03:14:26 PM
QuoteNope. You haven't been around long enough, but with very few exceptions I will not make meshes of the post-Movie crowd, nor of 'generations' past G1. The only exception is I MIGHT do some of the Cybertron/Galaxy Force characters, Classics, War Within / Titanium, and individual characters that strike my fancy. And almost no beastformer strikes my fancy.

Beast Wars never really appealed to me that much either, and it was the Transformers show of my generation.  The concept always seemed stupid to me when I compared it with the original Transformers.

However...this new movie I am totally, totally digging.  I know that so many people hate it because of the designs.  Some wanted something G1, some just don't like the really bizzare (and crumpled up) looks.  I just find it really refreshing.  At first I hated it, now I'm absolutely thrilled with it.  Even so, I can't see a mesh based on a movie character working out in FF.  Way, WAAAAYYY to complex.  There are so many little tiny details and pieces on them that the complexity just wouldn't fit with the relatively simplistic, cartoony feel of FF.

...unless it was like a total mod that changes every texture in the game, but that's both ridiculous and almost impossible.  :blink:

To be honest, the movie designs look like T-800 Endoskeletons with car vomit all over them.

There IS a TF game coming out, and rumor has it that the PC version will be moddable. If that's the case, be prepared to see a whole new batch of G1-'ers from me, but designed more like Alternators, etc. The polycount for characters for the game will likely be closer to 6000-10,000 instead of 2000 polygons, which means the meshes will be a LOT more complex.  :ph34r:

The Pwime

Quote from: Valandar on February 17, 2007, 04:40:24 PM

To be honest, the movie designs look like T-800 Endoskeletons with car vomit all over them.

There IS a TF game coming out, and rumor has it that the PC version will be moddable. If that's the case, be prepared to see a whole new batch of G1-'ers from me, but designed more like Alternators, etc. The polycount for characters for the game will likely be closer to 6000-10,000 instead of 2000 polygons, which means the meshes will be a LOT more complex.  :ph34r:

We're talking about the movie game, right?  It's going to be released on PC!?

*joygasm*

Revenant

Quote from: Valandar on February 16, 2007, 08:59:37 PM
Then this does nothing for you, Revenant?

Error... error... reaching critcal mass... cannot compute... system shutting dowwwwwwwnnn.....

Valandar

Quote from: The Pwime on February 17, 2007, 04:44:47 PM
Quote from: Valandar on February 17, 2007, 04:40:24 PM

We're talking about the movie game, right?  It's going to be released on PC!?

*joygasm*

The full list is that it will be on the XBox 360, Wii, PS3, PS2, PSP, and the PC.

darkphoenixII

Umm, I was just joking about that Mesh before.  :lol:

Sledgehammer

I'm not much of a Transformers guy... but, boy! That skin/mesh looks like an action figure! It's THAT great!

Obviously, the jet version is fantastic too. But such a high level of detail simply amazes me.

You are a very talented mesher, and skinner. I know this is an understatement, but... I just wanted to say that. Once more.