• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Nifscope: Need some help!

Started by Sioux City Dynamo, February 10, 2007, 06:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi,

I am working on my version of Wandjina and have successfully added an axe to the male muscular cape hammer mesh  :thumbup:.

However, I can not figure out how to get the axe to replace the hammer in the area 2 and flying animations  :angry:.  Would anyone have any suggestions on how I could go about making this change?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Respectfully,
Sioux City Dynamo

FLASH_22798

QuoteI am working on my version of Wandjina and have successfully added an axe to the male muscular cape hammer mesh

I wish I could help you out, but I haven't even gotten to the stage yet where I can successfully switch weapons on meshes and get them to work.

UnfluffyBunny

I -believe- I read that it's just a case of attaching it to the weapon (rather than a node) and then hiding the weapon, that way it should take any animation from the weapon with it

detourne_me

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on February 11, 2007, 02:19:07 AM
I -believe- I read that it's just a case of attaching it to the weapon (rather than a node) and then hiding the weapon, that way it should take any animation from the weapon with it
thats right.  what i usually do is copy branch from the "editable mesh" the niTrishape, not from x_axe or whatever the object is called.
then i would open up the male_cape hammer mesh, and pastebvranch the editable mesh in the same branch the hammer is in,  then hide the other editable mesh (the hammer).

sounds like you've done this so far,  but maybe there are other instances...  try clicking on settings at the top, and show hidden... maybe you'll see the hammer in another spot on the mesh.
or you could look through all the nodes for phrases like hammer_in_right_hand or hammer_on_back.

i've never opened up that mesh to be sure,  but those are some clues of what i would look for.

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi Guys,

I could really use some help with this.  Nothing seems to be working.... :thumbdown:

Would anyone be willing to help and take a look at this for me? I would be happy to forward the nif.

Respectfully,
Sioux City Dynamo

White Knight

I'd be willing to take a look. 

whyteknyght@gmail.com

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi White Knight,

Thank you very much!  I have sent the file to your e-mail.

Respectfully,
Sioux City Dynamo