• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

USAgent's Hero Files (M25AI) & FFX2

Started by joemama, February 07, 2007, 06:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemama

I have USAgent's hero files and I was wondering if I can change the .m25ai files to .py for use in ffx2?

for example:
(change zz zombie 2.m25ai to zz zombie 2.py)
['zz zombie 2',
["target enemy",
'weakness_melee_piercing',
'weakness_melee_crushing',
'not flying',
],
["timer", 'auto',
'TUseRemedy()',
'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
"TMelee('chomp',time=1.36)",
"TMelee('melee',time=0.88)",
'TMoveTo(mindist="melee",subtype="not emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
],
]

stumpy

I think the ai files still have the extension .m25ai (though I think I mistakenly said they had .py in another post somewhere which I am about to track down and correct).

As to the main point, M25 can give a definitive answer to this, but I thought that the format of the AI files has changed (M25 made some big changes to it), so I don't know that you can use the AI data from the first game in the second.

M25

Unfortunately, no you can't.   

AI files for FFvTTR are not compatible with the original game.  I doubt that the hero files from one game would work in the other either, so you probably can't even do that much.

Even worse, the AI in the original game doesn't work with hero files.  Irrational added scripting hooks to the second game that made that possible.  The AI for the original game only fully works on built-in characters, although there is a limited ability for characters from hero files to use FFX attributes.

BentonGrey

Actually, hero files CAN work from FF1 to FF2, but you have to use a hero file editor to change the mesh location.

joemama

DOOOH!     :doh:

I really need to check my post before submitting it......

...I meant I wanted to use .m25AI files for FFX3.2......not FFX2

Sorry!   :wacko:

So, once again: will the .m25AI files work in FFX3.2 if I change them to .py files?  It looks like the same format, but, well, I'm kinda lame on stuff like that!

JM

catwhowalksbyhimself

Why in the world would you need to change them to .py files?  FFX 3.2 uses the same basic system, meaning it uses the same filename extensions.  You don't need to change them.

Anyway, to answer your question, I pretty sure that they should work just fine.  I believe the changes on that end of the AI system have been relatively few, if any.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me.

joemama

Cat,

Thanks for the advice.  I'm kinda (o.k., totally) green with the AI system.  For some reason I thought the custom AI was saved as a .py file (although I can't recall where I got that idea... :huh:).

JM

M25

Well, in that case. 

Just leave everything as-is.   AI files from ffx 3.0 or 3.1 should work fine in 3.2