• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

HEAVY animation issues?

Started by Volsung, February 07, 2007, 03:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volsung

I've got those insufferable errors for a long time...I'm used to it.
But I can't stand it anymore^^

As an exemple in Crisis mods, when I got to fight the darkseid numerous minions i've got many animations problems (But it occured when I faced many sentinels, or event the dino thugs of LB alpha too!)

First, if the character is composed of multiple objects there's quickly some lag between the different parts of a same character!Interval in animation!

And when there's several instances of the same model  the whole bunch play exactly the same animations synchronized independently of the actions!
The whole game looks like a ballet dancing !

tommyboy

With most of the boards missing its understandable that this would come up yet again.
It's a known issue.
Either turn down shadows.
Or create a seperate file for each character.
Or try my "ghosting meshes fix" found on my website.

Volsung

Gosh!
Modders should pay attention to this before releasing their stuff!

Lunarman

it's something you can't fix for a mod. It has to be fixed by the end user unles you are prepared to fix all the meshes and even then only some meshes can be fixed.

Volsung

Cruel...
It happens only with nifskoped character?

catwhowalksbyhimself

No, it happens only with FF1 characters.

tommyboy

And you CAN "fix" it in a Mod by the simple expedient of creating a seperate directory for every duplicated character.
It's more space consuming, and lots of extra work for what are usually throw-away cannon fodder characters, but can be done.

stumpy

BTW, I also though that the ghosting problem (or cloned motion problem) was a problem that didn't necessarily hit everyone, depending on graphics cards, etc. Is that true or is it universal?

Of course, I could be wrong. I've never seen the problem, but I set shadows to blob when I first started the game.

tommyboy

Quote from: stumpy on February 07, 2007, 10:53:29 AM
BTW, I also though that the ghosting problem (or cloned motion problem) was a problem that didn't necessarily hit everyone, depending on graphics cards, etc. Is that true or is it universal?

Dunno, after FFV3r came out and the problem was first noted with using multiple copies of the same FF mesh, I posted an appeal to people to post whether they had the problem or not, and what their video cards were.
Typically, it was pretty much universally ignored.
Had anyone bothered to answer me then, I'd be able to answer you now.
My instinct is that certain cards probably won't have it, but that is pretty much pure supposition.

Volsung

I also got that issue on my own self made mesh  :banghead:

tommyboy

Quote from: Volsung on February 07, 2007, 03:07:23 PM
I also got that issue on my own self made mesh  :banghead:

If you have the FFV3R exporters (rather than the FF ones), you should be able to export an FFV3R only version that should work OK.
The problem really arises with meshes exported with the publicly released FF exporters, and using meshes made with them in FFV3R.
I did document all this, but frankly can't be arsed to type it all out yet again. It's to do with the absence of a niskinpartition modifier (which in Irrationals own FF meshes was achieved with a Max plugin called NIClod (or something similar)).
You can manually add them to meshes via nifSkope, but it isn't easy, and if the geometry is non-standard, pretty much impossible.

Previsionary

I barely get ghosting or cloning problems so I do think your video card plays a deal in whether you get those types of errors or not.

FYI, volsung;

my official fix for the parademon problem never came through and it was either release as is or never at all. Also, i did warn before hand to expect problems, though i never had any....i knew it happened to a few of my testers at random.

Symon

Quote from: tommyboy on February 07, 2007, 11:27:23 AM
I posted an appeal to people to post whether they had the problem or not, and what their video cards were.
Typically, it was pretty much universally ignored.
Had anyone bothered to answer me then, I'd be able to answer you now.
My instinct is that certain cards probably won't have it, but that is pretty much pure supposition.

I agree with Tommy. My suspicion is that NVidia cards suffer less and that ATI suffer more but I have little hard evidence and could be wrong.

Volsung

stumpy

Mine is nvidia and I haven't had the problem. It may be more related to specific chipsets and their interaction with DirectX, but that's just another guess. (I'm running on an nvidia GeForce4 4200 Go (laptop))

JKCarrier

I have the "ghosting" problem with my Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra.

Lunarman

I have it on my Radeon X1300 pro

Myabe we should make a list of graphics card to see what make/product chains have this problem and don't

Lude