• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

C6 Art - Omega Red!

Started by Courtnall6, August 14, 2007, 06:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtnall6

electro

Amazing work C6 - My brother would kill for a poster of Omega Red that looked this good :blink:

Outcast

Unbelievably awesome! Are you a professional comic artist or something? :o

Looking forward to see more of your masterpieces here.  :thumbup:

UnfluffyBunny

Quote from: Outcast on October 11, 2007, 11:10:05 PM
Unbelievably awesome! Are you a professional comic artist or something? :o

http://www.honorbrigadecomic.com/

Very nice pic as always, one of my fave characters ^_^

zuludelta

Neat pic. Always liked Omega Red, I'm usually lukewarm towards Jim Lee's original designs (he relies too much on "the headsock look", although I love it when he draws other people's characters), but Omega Red just clicked for me, for some reason.

Mowgli

C6: Thank you for putting armor on a character and maintaining the correct proportions of his body. So many comic artists draw the armor and then the arms and legs coming out of it, distorting it like crazy. The proportions add up well. Great job as usual. And the coloring is just beautiful.  :)

kkhohoho

He has too many "rips" on his body, and they're too big.  His ankles and feet are too small, and wouldn't be able to hold up his body.  His left shoulder pad is too big.  His right leg leg almost looks like a balloon.  His spandex looks like his skin.  If he could even get that thing on, he'd never be able to get it off.

Mowgli

Quote from: kkhohoho on October 19, 2007, 01:04:06 PM
He has too many "rips" on his body, and they're too big.  His ankles and feet are too small, and wouldn't be able to hold up his body.  His left shoulder pad is too big.  His right leg leg almost looks like a balloon.  His spandex looks like his skin.  If he could even get that thing on, he'd never be able to get it off.

- I don't know what "rips" are so I won't comment.

- As far as ankles and feet, they are a bit smaller than regular human proportions, but very in line with super hero proportions. Heads, hands and feet are often drawn just a bit amller to make muscles look bigger. And body builders do have ankles and feet that are comparitively very small, considering the enormity of their musculature.

- His left shoulder pad is smaller than his right. His right shoulder pad is a little closer to us, thus larger.

- His right leg is facing us, thus showing three muscle groups and being wider. It is also slightly foreshortened as it is coming at us more than the other leg.

- Spandex is almost always drawn with the same texture as skin, as it is form-fitting, non-reflective and has no more highlights than the skin would reflect.

Great work C6.

Courtnall6

Quote from: kkhohoho on October 19, 2007, 01:04:06 PM

:roll: Dude...you're a waste my time.

Quote from: Mowgli on October 19, 2007, 12:41:44 PM
C6: Thank you for putting armor on a character and maintaining the correct proportions of his body. So many comic artists draw the armor and then the arms and legs coming out of it, distorting it like crazy. The proportions add up well. Great job as usual. And the coloring is just beautiful.  :)

Thanks Mowgli :D

I draw the full body on all my characters before I start to add any equipment.

electro

QuoteHe has too many "rips" on his body, and they're too big.  His ankles and feet are too small, and wouldn't be able to hold up his body.  His left shoulder pad is too big.  His right leg leg almost looks like a balloon.  His spandex looks like his skin.  If he could even get that thing on, he'd never be able to get it off.

Sometimes proportions or realism are sacrificed to make an image or images more dynamic & cool - If everyone tried to draw everything as thow it where real it would all look the same & be stale - I personally grab comics with artist whose style is unique from the herd & even thow most of the time they suck - It is still cool to see there ideas on things - Anyway I think C6's ideas on Omega are very cool & i would buy this kind of QUALITY art :blink:

kkhohoho

Podmark

Court your stuff is looking fantastic. I hope you can have a long and prosperous career in comics if thats what your aiming for. Each time I've seen your pics over the years I've seen definite improvement, just like your skins.