LSH MOD(Legion Of Super Heroes Mod) - tommyboy Problems( I need a help)

Started by Borgaster, April 07, 2021, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borgaster

I created a shortcut for LSH MOD as described in the readme but when i double click in him appear a message of error and now i try to install the mod again and when i created a new shortcut and i try changed the lines Target: and Start in: appear a message that "The destination is not valid". Can someone help me ? The game is install in C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich

Randomdays

Hard to tell without seeing it. It sounds like the shortcut can't find the program file. Try right clicking on the shortcut and click on "properties". On the shortcut tab, check and see if the location lines look good. Try clicking on the "open file location" button on the bottom. This should open an explorer window to the file you made a shortcut for.

RD

Borgaster

Quote from: Randomdays on April 07, 2021, 11:05:49 PM
Hard to tell without seeing it. It sounds like the shortcut can't find the program file. Try right clicking on the shortcut and click on "properties". On the shortcut tab, check and see if the location lines look good. Try clicking on the "open file location" button on the bottom. This should open an explorer window to the file you made a shortcut for.

RD

This is the message of error that appear when i double click in the shortcut after i put the lines in properties exactly as described in the readme

Link:

https://ibb.co/vLjbSbL

Another thing is that in Legion[John Jr.]  and West Coast Avengers don't appear the image of the mod and only the normal game. Is this normal or i make something wrong?

Randomdays

I'm not familiar with the mods, and I'm not at home right now to look at them.

Most shortcuts point to a file on your hard drive, not a webpage.

It could be that since the shortcut does point to a web page, that the page is dead after all these years. These mods are probably at least 10-15 years old, if not more.

I'll try to take a look at them when I have time, but if someone else wants to jump in help that knows more, please do.

RD 

Randomdays

This might help - http://www.freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=46028.msg633574#msg633574

As stated, not sure why the shortcut would use a web address and not a file destination. Did you download the mod from Tommyboy's site or somewhere else?

I'm still not home, but try doing a search for the mod both on these forums and on the archive forums where I found the link above.

You might find some answers there.

RD

Randomdays

I'm not sure what the link you put up is, but from what I've read, there should be nothing to do with a web site.

I just used the method below and it worked fine, though my game was installed somewhere else.

1) You need to have FFX 3.2 or higher installed for Legion to work. I think the only one after that is FFX 3.3.

Some other mods may or may not need it.

2) There should be a shortcut on your computer screen. Mine is for 3.3 and is called "Play FFX 3"

3) Copy the shortcut and paste the copy of it on screen.

4) Rename the new copy of the shortcut "Legion" or "LSH" or whatever you want.

5) Right click on the shortcut and select "properties"

6) In the target line, change it to the following exactly (copy/paste including the quotes") "C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game LSH -log

7) In the start in line, change it to the following exactly (copy paste including the quotes" C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\LSH\..\"

The 'LSH' in each line is the name of the directory you put the mod in. If your directory has a different name, or you installed the game elsewhere, change both lines to match.

8) For any other mods repeat - make a new shortcut, change the lines to match the mod directory, and go. You'll get the normal startup at first for FFvr3R, but then it goes into the Legion screen to play.

This should get you running for any mod. Hope this helps you and anyone else having questions on how to get a mod running.

RD